HiFiVision.com - Audio Video Hi-Fi Forum


Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85

Discuss Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85 at the For Sale by Owner within the HiFiVision.com - Audio Video Hi-Fi Forum; Hi All, i am putting in my Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85 amps ...

Go Back   HiFiVision.com - Audio Video Hi-Fi Forum > Classifieds > For Sale by Owner


For Sale by Owner Items for sale by owner.


Advertise Here

Closed Thread
 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 4th October 2011, 02:41 PM
denzong's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 846
Thanks: 34
Thanked 91 Times in 72 Posts
Reputation points: 102
denzong will become famous soon enoughdenzong will become famous soon enough
Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85


Hi All,
i am putting in my Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85 amps for sale.
Reason is very simple: Upgrade
I had bought them used from forum members. have serviced the Sansui to almost new conditions (through Akshay Jha, you can ask him) and the Kenwood did not need any servicing at all as its fine.
would rate both the products 8/10.

Sansui AU-717

Controls:
Speakers: Off, A, B, A+B
Bass: +/- 10
Treble: +/- 10
Balance
Volume: Log dB Scale

Switches:
Power
Treble: 6kHz/3kHz
Bass: 400Hz/200Hz
Tone: Defeat/On
Subsonic Filter: On/Off
High Filter: On/Off
Loudness: On/Off
Muting: Off/-20dB
Tape Monitor: Source, Tape 1, Tape 2
Tape Copy: Tuner, Off, Source, 1>2, 2>1
Input Selector: Aux, Tuner, Phono 1, Phono 2

Jacks:
Headphones

Indicators:
Power/Protect LED
AUX
TUNER
PHONO 1
PHONO 2

Rear Panel:
Pre-Out/Main-In (L, R)
Phono 1 (L, R)
Phono 2 (L, R)
Tuner (L, R)
Aux (L, R)
Tape 1 Record (L, R)
Tape 1 Play (L, R)
Tape 2 Record (L, R)
Tape 2 Play (L, R)
Pre-Power Amp: Connected, Separated - Direct Coupled, Separated - Capacitor
AC Outlet Unswitched (2)
AC Outlet Switched (1)
Speaker System A (L, R)
Speaker System B (L, R)

Its the best in its series. asking price is Rs.17000(firm) and would prefer a local buyer as the amps not light for shipping. can ship but not at my cost or my risk.

Kenwood A 85
KENWOOD A-85 AMP, TUNER, EQUALIZER AND 2 FRONT SPEAKERS FOR SALE. This stereo has "dolby pro logic 5.1" and "dolby presence". Made in JAPAN. This is a high end amp
The A85 has a remote control.
Maximum stated input wattage...220w

Stated impedence........................8 ohms

Inputs..........................................ph ono/tuner/CD/tape/LD/AUX/Video/DAT/BS

Built in graphic equalizer.............no

Treble/Bass tone controls............yes

Balance control.............................yes

Amplified speaker outputs............stereo

Pre amplified speaker outputs......yes

Remote control.............................none

Manual...........................................n one

Cables included..............................power cable


THE PRICE : SANSUI A 717 is RS. 17000(fixed)
KENWOOD A 85 is RS. 6000(fixed)

Last edited by denzong; 27th December 2011 at 11:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 4th October 2011, 03:48 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 340
Thanks: 55
Thanked 110 Times in 61 Posts
Reputation points: 121
shailenderb will become famous soon enoughshailenderb will become famous soon enough
Re: Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85

I think you missed out on mentioning the price for Kenwood A 85.
  #3  
Old 4th October 2011, 03:51 PM
denzong's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 846
Thanks: 34
Thanked 91 Times in 72 Posts
Reputation points: 102
denzong will become famous soon enoughdenzong will become famous soon enough
Re: Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailenderb View Post
I think you missed out on mentioning the price for Kenwood A 85.
had missed it and by fault sent for approval. now edited. thnx
  #4  
Old 4th October 2011, 08:28 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 31
Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation points: 17
charanbee is on a distinguished road
Re: Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85

Sent PM. Please check and let me know.
  #5  
Old 4th October 2011, 08:30 PM
denzong's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 846
Thanks: 34
Thanked 91 Times in 72 Posts
Reputation points: 102
denzong will become famous soon enoughdenzong will become famous soon enough
Re: Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85

Replied buddy
  #6  
Old 7th October 2011, 10:24 AM
apk apk is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 485
Thanks: 279
Thanked 212 Times in 176 Posts
Reputation points: 220
apk has a spectacular aura aboutapk has a spectacular aura aboutapk has a spectacular aura about
Re: Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85

Hi Denzong,

I am interested in the AU717.

Would it be possible for you to elaborate on the shortcomings of your Sansui AU717 - Wharf 9.5 combo. I was under the impression (no first had experience; only what I have heard and read) that the 85WPC AU717 punches way above its rating and is considered an excellent vintage amplifier to own.

Seen from your amplifier buy thread that you are considering yamaha amplifiers for partnering with your wharf 9.5. Again, I was under the impression (I could be totally wrong here) that the AU717 is a higher class of amplifier than the yamaha.

The reason I am asking is that I have speakers from Enbee that are around 8 years old. Though they are not power hungry, they do need a good amplifier that can control the bass well (the speakers have 12" woofers). Was wondering whether the sansui has good control over bass, and whether you felt that the 85WPC of the sansui was less for the wharfs.

Best Regards,
APK
  #7  
Old 7th October 2011, 11:19 AM
denzong's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 846
Thanks: 34
Thanked 91 Times in 72 Posts
Reputation points: 102
denzong will become famous soon enoughdenzong will become famous soon enough
Re: Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by apk View Post
Hi Denzong,

I am interested in the AU717.

Would it be possible for you to elaborate on the shortcomings of your Sansui AU717 - Wharf 9.5 combo. I was under the impression (no first had experience; only what I have heard and read) that the 85WPC AU717 punches way above its rating and is considered an excellent vintage amplifier to own.

Seen from your amplifier buy thread that you are considering yamaha amplifiers for partnering with your wharf 9.5. Again, I was under the impression (I could be totally wrong here) that the AU717 is a higher class of amplifier than the yamaha.

The reason I am asking is that I have speakers from Enbee that are around 8 years old. Though they are not power hungry, they do need a good amplifier that can control the bass well (the speakers have 12" woofers). Was wondering whether the sansui has good control over bass, and whether you felt that the 85WPC of the sansui was less for the wharfs.

Best Regards,
APK
honestly there are no shortcomings in the amp and they drive my wharfs very well but i want to have an amp with a remote. i have a huge living area and it becomes very inconvenient for me to rise up each time.
i am just considering the yamaha amp as a temp solution cause in 2 months time i would be going to Hong Kong and plan to get a pre-power combo from there.

the sansui by no means is less for wharfs or other similar speakers at any cost. i had seen these drive tannoys also very effectively.

i, and the previous owner both have taken very good care of it and actually its with heavy heart that i would let go of this amp, just that i could use the money from this to get my pre-power combo.
  #8  
Old 7th October 2011, 01:46 PM
apk apk is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 485
Thanks: 279
Thanked 212 Times in 176 Posts
Reputation points: 220
apk has a spectacular aura aboutapk has a spectacular aura aboutapk has a spectacular aura about
Re: Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzong View Post
honestly there are no shortcomings in the amp and they drive my wharfs very well but i want to have an amp with a remote. i have a huge living area and it becomes very inconvenient for me to rise up each time.
i am just considering the yamaha amp as a temp solution cause in 2 months time i would be going to Hong Kong and plan to get a pre-power combo from there.

the sansui by no means is less for wharfs or other similar speakers at any cost. i had seen these drive tannoys also very effectively.

i, and the previous owner both have taken very good care of it and actually its with heavy heart that i would let go of this amp, just that i could use the money from this to get my pre-power combo.
Thanks Denzong for the clarifications. Am still researching the compatability between the AU717 and my speakers. Unfortunately, that is not an easy thing to do. Will let you know if I am interested in buying.
  #9  
Old 7th October 2011, 01:52 PM
denzong's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 846
Thanks: 34
Thanked 91 Times in 72 Posts
Reputation points: 102
denzong will become famous soon enoughdenzong will become famous soon enough
Re: Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85

welcome. i am sure you will find many sites to help you out
  #10  
Old 9th October 2011, 11:50 AM
denzong's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 846
Thanks: 34
Thanked 91 Times in 72 Posts
Reputation points: 102
denzong will become famous soon enoughdenzong will become famous soon enough
Re: Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85

Kenwood A 85 sold. now only Sansui remains. a fellow forum member is coming to see that tomorrow.


Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
amplifiers, intergrated amps, kenwood, sansui, stereo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads for: Sansui AU 717 & Kenwood A 85
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kenwood GE-34 equaliser SEANDSILVA Amplifiers 2 24th February 2012 09:43 PM
Need help with my kenwood DD KD 50F turntable. pratik_gujar18 Phono/Turntables 0 1st March 2011 02:43 PM
Kenwood KAC-425 350650 Car Audio 1 10th February 2011 07:55 PM
Wanted a DD technics,akai,sansui,kenwood Turntable pratik_gujar18 Wanted 1 2nd February 2011 11:23 AM
Kenwood XD750 madbullram Cassette / Tape Decks 6 24th June 2010 01:55 PM



Advertise Here


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Copyright © www.HiFiVision.com 2006 - , All rights reserved.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62