HiFiVision.com - Audio Video Hi-Fi Forum


Sony Handycam (New Models)

Discuss Sony Handycam (New Models) at the What Should I Buy? within the HiFiVision.com - Audio Video Hi-Fi Forum; Hi all, I did a blunder yesterday by not doing much research and buying Sony ...

Go Back   HiFiVision.com - Audio Video Hi-Fi Forum > Welcome Message & Introductions > What Should I Buy?

What Should I Buy? Not sure what model or equipment you should buy? It's a tough decision, so post questions and get help from our expert forum members!


Advertise Here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 5th March 2010, 07:26 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 170
Thanks: 26
Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation points: 30
Avijeet is on a distinguished road
Sony Handycam (New Models)


Hi all,
I did a blunder yesterday by not doing much research and buying Sony Handycam SX63E @ 16,700/-
The build quality, functions are features are impeccable but its Standard Definition and when i plug it to my 50” plasma i was just disgusted to see the output quality...
So finally and luckily i manage to convince the dealer to take it back....
and replace it with a higher one......
now planning to go for Sony Handycam HDR-CX150E @ 29,700/-
13,000/-more i have to pay :|
But at least the picture will be HD
Guys i still have time (2 days)
Please suggest me.....
M not opting for those heavy (350 grams +) HDD camera... m comfortable with this 200 grams Flash card/Pro Duo card camera
__________________
50" LG Plasma PQ30 + Philips 3571 HTIB + WDTV + 500 GB WD Passport + 500GB Seagate Free Agent + TataSky Plus + Wii //
40" Samsung 530 + Samsung HTIB + Xtreamer (Networked) + Big Tv + Wii //
29" Samsung Z40 100 Hz CRT + Ortel Set Top Box + Dish TV
PSP + NDS + IPOD CLASSIS 80 GB
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Ads
  #2  
Old 5th March 2010, 07:53 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bangalore,india
Posts: 1,391
Thanks: 393
Thanked 318 Times in 234 Posts
Reputation points: 328
sud98 is a jewel in the roughsud98 is a jewel in the roughsud98 is a jewel in the roughsud98 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Sony Handycam (New Models)

The only problem with the flash memory camcorders is that there is very little storage, as buying 12/16gb cards are expensive and the amount of space a half an hour recording of full HD takes is not funny.

So if you dont plan to take long recordings or can afford to buy multiple flash memory cards you should be fine.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 5th March 2010, 08:17 PM
mgdelhi's Avatar  
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 606
Thanks: 152
Thanked 202 Times in 106 Posts
Reputation points: 212
mgdelhi has a spectacular aura aboutmgdelhi has a spectacular aura aboutmgdelhi has a spectacular aura about
Re: Sony Handycam (New Models)

I am also looking for a HD cam.

Flash memory camcorders are good but Flash memory (Memory Stick) used by Sony is proprietary and expensive than the SD Cards.

So both the options are not very attractive. HDD based being bulky and Sony Flash Memory being expensive.

I think flash memory based HD-Cams by some other brand would be a better option but could not find anything in the range of 30-40k.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 5th March 2010, 09:10 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Posts: 161
Thanks: 17
Thanked 66 Times in 35 Posts
Reputation points: 76
saumitra will become famous soon enough
Re: Sony Handycam (New Models)

I had got a HDD based Sony handycam more than 2 years back from US (model no. HDR-SR7 with 60 GB) capable of full HD (1080i) video and pretty decent still images (6 MP), 10x optical zoom. I know there are much better models available now (e.g. HDR-SR11/SR12, ....). I know you can get similar HDD based HD capable models (Sony, Canon) here now.
I would suggest you seriously consider this ahead of other types. Having used it, I can tell you - this is really so much more easy to use and they are not heavy. You can record & store HD videos till you fill up the internal HDD and when you do you can just connect it to your PC and copy the videos/photos. And then connecting your camcorder to your HD TV through HDMI - you can enjoy the HD video experience.
If you can get it from US through your friends/colleagues, you will surely save on cost as well.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 5th March 2010, 09:19 PM
teky's Avatar  
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 706
Thanks: 48
Thanked 113 Times in 92 Posts
Reputation points: 123
teky will become famous soon enoughteky will become famous soon enough
Re: Sony Handycam (New Models)

Also look for Canon Models within the HD line-up because they tend to get favourable reviews than Sony. I personally own a Sony SR10 which has got 40GB capacity in-built and can take flash memory card. As someone rightly pointed it's highly stupid from Sony in not allowing SD Cards which are relatively cheaper. But I can't complain about the weight - It's pretty light for anyone to handle, Ofcourse I haven't handled a purely flash card based camera.

Also in low-light generally average budget HD Camcorders are a bit poor. A test clip I recorded last year on my camcorder, It was shot in Fireworks mode

YouTube - Les Commandos Percu - Bombs per Minutes
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 6th March 2010, 10:34 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 170
Thanks: 26
Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation points: 30
Avijeet is on a distinguished road
Re: Sony Handycam (New Models)

THANKS TO ALL FOR PROMPT REPLY AND VALUABLE INPUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud98 View Post
The only problem with the flash memory camcorders is that there is very little storage, as buying 12/16gb cards are expensive and the amount of space a half an hour recording of full HD takes is not funny.

So if you dont plan to take long recordings or can afford to buy multiple flash memory cards you should be fine.
Ye.... 16GB integrated + 16GB Pro duo bundled... 32 gb.. 6 hrs of full HD recording.... it's good enough for me... as i will transfer the movies to my 500 GB HDD connected to WDTV...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumitra View Post
I had got a HDD based Sony handycam more than 2 years back from US (model no. HDR-SR7 with 60 GB) capable of full HD (1080i) video and pretty decent still images (6 MP), 10x optical zoom. I know there are much better models available now (e.g. HDR-SR11/SR12, ....). I know you can get similar HDD based HD capable models (Sony, Canon) here now.
I would suggest you seriously consider this ahead of other types. Having used it, I can tell you - this is really so much more easy to use and they are not heavy. You can record & store HD videos till you fill up the internal HDD and when you do you can just connect it to your PC and copy the videos/photos. And then connecting your camcorder to your HD TV through HDMI - you can enjoy the HD video experience.
If you can get it from US through your friends/colleagues, you will surely save on cost as well.
I have gone through the specs of all the models.... and there is very little to choose from a HDD and Flash card.... both are equally good.... SONY INDIA provides 3 yrs warrenty thats the only reason m ready to pay little extra... Price difference in USA and INDIA is 2-4K

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
Also look for Canon Models within the HD line-up because they tend to get favourable reviews than Sony. I personally own a Sony SR10 which has got 40GB capacity in-built and can take flash memory card. As someone rightly pointed it's highly stupid from Sony in not allowing SD Cards which are relatively cheaper. But I can't complain about the weight - It's pretty light for anyone to handle, Ofcourse I haven't handled a purely flash card based camera.
CANNON not available here in Bhubaneswar....
thanks a ton for posting the video... it's really good....
m now 1+ for Sony
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 6th March 2010, 10:49 AM
deba's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 125
Thanked 105 Times in 93 Posts
Reputation points: 115
deba will become famous soon enoughdeba will become famous soon enough
Re: Sony Handycam (New Models)

Sony India's new camcorder models take both Memory Stick and SD Cards.....Check them out.....best is to buy falsh memory based camcorders because they are compact and rugged and have no movable / mechanical parts - so less trouble.

Considering the future buy 1080 HD camcorders..........or wait as the price will drop further....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 6th March 2010, 11:12 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 170
Thanks: 26
Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation points: 30
Avijeet is on a distinguished road
Re: Sony Handycam (New Models)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deba View Post
Sony India's new camcorder models take both Memory Stick and SD Cards.....Check them out.....best is to buy falsh memory based camcorders because they are compact and rugged and have no movable / mechanical parts - so less trouble.

Considering the future buy 1080 HD camcorders..........or wait as the price will drop further....
deba jee....thanks for the responce...
ye u r rite.... SD compatible also.....
Ye HD will be outdated soon as U-HD (4320P) will arrive soon

i cant wait for a price fall... my son is 14 months old.. i wanna capture and preserve his childhood
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 6th March 2010, 06:49 PM
mgdelhi's Avatar  
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 606
Thanks: 152
Thanked 202 Times in 106 Posts
Reputation points: 212
mgdelhi has a spectacular aura aboutmgdelhi has a spectacular aura aboutmgdelhi has a spectacular aura about
Re: Sony Handycam (New Models)

Today, I bought HDR-CX150E from Croma, Delhi.

It is good for Rs.29,700/-, 16+16 GB Memory. Supports SD Card also. Free Carry vase (not much of use, too big, common for all sony handycams), 3 years Sony India warranty.

Thanks Avijeet for information about new products, last time when I went to the showrooms CX100 was the latest.

Thanks deba for making it clear that it supports SD card also, never went through specifications, have been using Sony products with Memory Sticks for last 9 years so for for me, it was obvious that all Sony digicams / handycams have proprietary Sony Memory Stick/Pro/M-2 only.

As I mentioned earlier, I was neither very interested to buy HDR-XR100E (Hard Disk) not HDR-CX100E (limited internal memory and expensive external memory).

Now, I am happy to buy this product.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 7th March 2010, 03:44 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 170
Thanks: 26
Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation points: 30
Avijeet is on a distinguished road
Re: Sony Handycam (New Models)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdelhi View Post
Today, I bought HDR-CX150E from Croma, Delhi.

It is good for Rs.29,700/-, 16+16 GB Memory. Supports SD Card also. Free Carry vase (not much of use, too big, common for all sony handycams), 3 years Sony India warranty.

Thanks Avijeet for information about new products, last time when I went to the showrooms CX100 was the latest.

Thanks deba for making it clear that it supports SD card also, never went through specifications, have been using Sony products with Memory Sticks for last 9 years so for for me, it was obvious that all Sony digicams / handycams have proprietary Sony Memory Stick/Pro/M-2 only.

As I mentioned earlier, I was neither very interested to buy HDR-XR100E (Hard Disk) not HDR-CX100E (limited internal memory and expensive external memory).

Now, I am happy to buy this product.
Congrats...
It's good to know that this topic helped you taking purchase decision....
do share your review...


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads for: Sony Handycam (New Models)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which handycam to buy redd What Should I Buy? 16 29th July 2012 06:17 PM
Yamaha 863@35k or 1065@50k (us models) rockstar1630 Surround Amplifiers/Receivers 7 21st December 2010 09:25 AM
Specification Sheet for New Sony LCD Models NX-EX-BX amanker Television 8 16th February 2010 08:46 PM
Sony W,Z series and newer 2010 models? thetechguy101 Television 1 30th January 2010 06:21 PM
Sony new models in 32" rithesh Television 18 11th June 2009 11:39 AM



Advertise Here


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Copyright © www.HiFiVision.com 2006 - , All rights reserved.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62