1.5 for 5.1?

bpradhan

hey guys

I have a Yamaha DSP A-1 amp and am currently looking for a home theatre system for the same. My budget is 1.5 lac for the speakers and sub.

My ratio would probably be 60% movies 40% music. Therefore am looking for floor standing speakers for the front.

What is the best i can get out of this amount. Pl recommend?

Thanks

Search man search the forums ,.... there must be like Gazillions of threads with the same info ...... :)

Anyway Gurus here would soon suggest something .....

1.5L is a good budget but there are other params that you should keep in mind as well.

Amp (you have already mentioned), other electronics in the chain, room size are three things that you should begin with.

Try Monitor Audio, PSB, Def Tech, Paradigm...these are the usual suspects when it comes to HT. Since you already have the amp, I suggest you cart it along when going for auditions...

hey thanks
My room size is 12 X 17 feet. Have a 65' panasonic 3d tv. PS3, viewing distance is about 10 feet.

out of the list above did demo the paradigm monitor 11. Didnt care for them much.

Out of the other brands mentioned above and suggestions on the model numbers or the series of each i should look at?

That's a reasonably sized room. You can look for big speakers (floorstandars for the front) assuming you'd have enough furnishing and draperies in the room. Do check out PSB's Image series and MA's bronze series. DefTech's Mythos series is amazing, though not sure if it falls in your budget. Not sure of Paradigm's series with bigger speakers (my experience is only with their sats), you can check the other threads for this info...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back