1 Rythmik FV15HP or 2 SVS PB2000

argentum246

Hello FMs,
Need your suggestion for following:
  1. I have 1 PB2000 as of now.
  2. Mainly need for movies.
  3. Choice I have is either sell existing PB2000 and get 1 Rythmik
  4. Buy 1 used PB2000 and have 2 PB2000 subs.
They are connected to denon x6200 in my living room.

Which combination is better as i am a bass person. Tried diff settings but i need more.
Let me know FMs owning Rythmik .. if it is worth than 2 x PB2000.

Thanks in advance.

Hello FMs,

Which combination is better as i am a bass person. Tried diff settings but i need more.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Argentum,

Would be great if you could also mention your room size. In most cases 2 subs would be better than one.

Would totally agree with Love4sound. Pls try keeping the sub more towards the wall corner to the point that it doesn't sound boomy.
Your listening room is quite big.
Since you already have a SVS, the best option is to put a mail to SVS with your room measurements, audio rig and audio preferences and they will guide you well and you can expect their reply in max a day's time.

Last edited:
Would totally agree with Love4sound. Pls try keeping the sub more towards the wall corner to the point that it doesn't sound boomy.
Your listening room is quite big.
Since you already have a SVS, the best option is to put a mail to SVS with your room measurements, audio rig and audio preferences and they will guide you well and you can expect their reply in max a day's time.
This is a great piece of advice. Never knew if this kind of service existed.
@argentum246 Y dont you give it a try?

This is a great piece of advice. Never knew if this kind of service existed.
@argentum246 Y dont you give it a try?

Hi Kumar, I have consulted them on a few occasions & they have promptly replied within few hours to max a days's time depending on weekends. . They will never make you over spend unless you would want to do so. Some times Ed Mullen - Director Technology at SVS, himself answers the queries. They have a great team for customer feedback & queries.

Yes it is mostly Ed who replies . He advised following:
Set the center, side surround and rear surrounds to Small with an 80 Hz crossover.

Set the fronts and subwoofer mode to any of the following three and see which you like best:

- Large, LFE+Main, crossover 60 Hz
- Small, LFE, 60 Hz
- Small, LFE, 40 Hz

In all cases LPF/LFE should be set to 120 Hz.

The area that i need to play around now is Trim levels (test tones) in AVR.

Yes, after Audyssey calibration in most cases you do end up tweaking the subwoofer levels on the receiver.
Try making the most of room gain if possible. Was this Ed's reply when you bought the sub or is it to your current query ?

Hi,
Have you considered the space requirement for rythmik fv15 as it is quite big in size.

Is your room size 280 sqft or listening area 280sqft.

I would strongly recommend dual subs for you.

If this sub would be the last sub purchase, go for one more pb2000.

If you can find space/money for one more fv15 later down the line, then get fv15.

Single fv15 may have more output than dual pb2000, but it can't achieve smooth bass response of dual pb2000, which is more desirable for broader contents.

For your reference, my single pb3000 couldn't match the smooth bass response of dual sb12nsd, even though it had considerable more output.

Yes, after Audyssey calibration in most cases you do end up tweaking the subwoofer levels on the receiver.
Try making the most of room gain if possible. Was this Ed's reply when you bought the sub or is it to your current query ?

It was after i got the sub.

Hi,
Have you considered the space requirement for rythmik fv15 as it is quite big in size.

Is your room size 280 sqft or listening area 280sqft.

I would strongly recommend dual subs for you.

If this sub would be the last sub purchase, go for one more pb2000.

If you can find space/money for one more fv15 later down the line, then get fv15.

Single fv15 may have more output than dual pb2000, but it can't achieve smooth bass response of dual pb2000, which is more desirable for broader contents.

For your reference, my single pb3000 couldn't match the smooth bass response of dual sb12nsd, even though it had considerable more output.

Hmm you might be right. My room is 250 sqft. and is a living room with lots of furniture and openings to kitchen and other rooms.
The reason i was thinking about FV15HP is my friend's friend is selling his Rythmik fv15hp (out of warranty / box and is based out of city to give me logistics nightmare). So wanted to weigh the pros and cons before i spend the greens. (and other colors nowadays)

It was after i got the sub.

Hmm you might be right. My room is 250 sqft. and is a living room with lots of furniture and openings to kitchen and other rooms.
The reason i was thinking about FV15HP is my friend's friend is selling his Rythmik fv15hp (out of warranty / box and is based out of city to give me logistics nightmare). So wanted to weigh the pros and cons before i spend the greens. (and other colors nowadays)
Well then...go to your friends friend place and audition it, even if it means spending one or two day. You will have hands on listening experience to its performance and do a better comparison. Then you can decide whether it's worth the logistical nightmare...ha ha...just my thought. Take your content with you, which you have already played in your system and you are fully familiar with..

Hello FMs,

Thanks in advance.
I would say dual sub if you have flexibility for placing the Sub's. Consider PC2000 as well, if you have budget

I would say dual sub if you have flexibility for placing the Sub's. Consider PC2000 as well, if you have budget

Since he already has a PB 2000, would be easier to get another one to match as long as space is not a constraint.

Hello FMs,

Thanks in advance.
This is a perfect question for me as well. Hiding and watching this thread.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back