• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

12au7 tubes

HiFiMART.com

sidvee

Has anyone tried the new issue telefunken black diamond 12au7/ecc82 tubes? What about the new issue mullard? There is huge difference in pricing when compared to NOS of the same brands, so I was wondering what is one going to loose in SQ with the new issue tubes from these manufacturers.
https://www.tubedepot.com/products/telefunken-black-diamond-ecc82-12au7
https://www.tubedepot.com/products/mullard-12au7-ecc82-new-production-preamp-vacuum-tube
Cheers,
Sid

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

audiopro

I have tried the black diamond new issue. It is a very quiet tube and is extremely clean sounding. It has no romance or mid range bloom.
If you want a lean and clean sound that extends top to bottom then it may work. I personally found it too sterile sounding. It completely lacks the magic that the nos telefunkens have. Never tried the new mullards. Out of the new tubes Psvane is probably the best balanced. I have a small collection of single NOS 12au7 tubes if you are interested. Mazda, Brimar, Telefunken, Amperex (2 rare ones).

sidvee

I have tried the black diamond new issue. It is a very quiet tube and is extremely clean sounding. It has no romance or mid range bloom.
If you want a lean and clean sound that extends top to bottom then it may work. I personally found it too sterile sounding. It completely lacks the magic that the nos telefunkens have. Never tried the new mullards. Out of the new tubes Psvane is probably the best balanced. I have a small collection of single NOS 12au7 tubes if you are interested. Mazda, Brimar, Telefunken, Amperex (2 rare ones).
Thanks Audiopro. I would need a matched pair set.
Cheers,
Sid

SPONSORED ADS