2.0 setup to go with Rega P3 TT

Appy12

Hi.
I already have a Rega Planar 3 TT.
I am an looking for an amplifier and a set of small sized bookshelves (2.0) preferably. Bonus points if they can actually go inside my bookshelf without affecting their tonality significantly.
This TT would also need a phono.
Budget is 1.5-2 L.

Hi.
I am an looking for an amplifier and a set of small sized bookshelves (2.0) preferably. Bonus points if they can actually go inside my bookshelf without affecting their tonality significantly.
Budget is 1.5-2 L.

Why not the Rega Brio at 95K inclusive of a very good Phono And the Fyne Audio F500 at 74K for a cracker of a system. Maybe a mogami 2972 speaker cable to finish it off with ! if I had a rega TT and an interest to build a second system the above is what I would go with

Check if you have a dealer for this nearby ..else speak to Hifimart to see of you can get a good combo deal.

Why not the Rega Brio at 95K inclusive of a very good Phono And the Fyne Audio F500 at 74K for a cracker of a system. Maybe a mogami 2972 speaker cable to finish it off with ! if I had a rega TT and an interest to build a second system the above is what I would go with

Check if you have a dealer for this nearby ..else speak to Hifimart to see of you can get a good combo deal.
Thanks for that. Brio has been recommended across the board. Seems to be a good choice.
Can you please recommend a different speaker?

Thanks for that. Brio has been recommended across the board. Seems to be a good choice.
Can you please recommend a different speaker?
The factors you need to consider are
1. High sensitivity ie able to run easily with 30W ( despite regas 50W) ie above 90dB in sensitivity
2. Not requiring a stand...hence cannot go for the bigger monitor
3. Budget

i am not looking at the room since you gave the preference of placement as a bookshelf itself.

Rega used to have speakers called RX1s ..and if you get that nothing like that but not sure of they are still available, do check with your rega dealer if around as if you do that then a full rega setup will sound better than any other components you put together even at a higher price

Usually speakers from Epos, Monitor audio , Dali, Focal, Quad etc should meet your requirement..while Dynaudio, Revel etc will not be able to run.. I am doubtful of Wharfedales due to their size and their frequency range not going low enough hence i suspect will need more power but have very limited knowledge

Why dont you post the speakers you can get and hear locally and we can help. Personally I would still prefer the Fyne as its concentric drivers and very well reviewed.

Last edited:
Small speakers that can be boxed in the one thing that comes to mind is Quad S1/S2 - I have S1s literally inside a bookshelf/book rack and they sound wonderful, the bass actually sounds better with this placement.

For phono, try to score a used Ifi iphono model 1 or 2. The latest (model 3 ) is overpriced at 999$ retail.
Having tried multiple dedicated phonos over the past 2 years this has been the best bang for buck for me.

The ifi Zen phono is also a good option at less than 15k on HPZ.

Also , for a TT setup, even more than the phono, the cartridge makes a more noticeable sound quality upgrade.

Accordingly if you can allocate your budget , keeping the maximum for speakers, with various suggestions given - you’ll have a pretty decent analog setup.

Last edited:
Thank you for the helpful replies. I came in touch with some amazing people on the forum and I have bought a pair of Rogers LS3/5A. While they are on their way to me, can’t help wondering which amplifier would go well with it? Again demo is not a possibility.
Thanks

Hi.
Budget is 1.5-2 L.
It has been more than a year since you have posted this. How is your TT set up?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back