2.1 for Home Theater expandable to 5.1

jackschack

I am planning on setting up a home theater system in stages due to lack of budget. I have a 40 inch LED, TataSky STB and Samsung Bluray player.
I intend to purchase a AV Receiver and 2.1 speaker initially and later upgrade to 5.1. At present my budget for the AV receiver and 2.1 set is 30k (slightly flexible). Later on I would include the surround pack.
Due to the setup I have currently, putting in Bookshelf or floorstanding speakers is not possible hence looking only for component speakers (this would be out of budget as well I suppose :) )
I had initially decided on Onkyo 3400, but then thought to start small with the same budget and buy better products.

Let me know what brands / Models I can look at.

Came up with a big disappointment today. I just discovered that my cabinet where I had planned to place the AVR was only 12inches wide where as most AVRs I had looked at has atleast 15 inches depth.

Are there any AVR models around that are smaller depthwise?

Came up with a big disappointment today. I just discovered that my cabinet where I had planned to place the AVR was only 12inches wide where as most AVRs I had looked at has atleast 15 inches depth.

Are there any AVR models around that are smaller depthwise?

look for marantz slim range 1402, 1602

I also started like you said and am happy to say that I have Denon1312 AVR and Wharfedale 10.2 speakers ( around 40K for both ). Will buy Sub soon...
and yes I had TV trolly with shelves which had just 4" space ( height ). I removed one shelf so have more than enough space for AVR to breath.

Was considering on just getting a stereo amp for now, since anyway was planning on getting 2 speakers initially. The Norge is much smaller than any AV receiver. At a later point in time will rebuild the cabinet, perhaps sell off the Norge and get an AV Receiver.
Was planning on getting Warfdale 9.1 which I could reuse for the AVR setup.

I also started like you said and am happy to say that I have Denon1312 AVR and Wharfedale 10.2 speakers ( around 40K for both ). Will buy Sub soon...
and yes I had TV trolly with shelves which had just 4" space ( height ). I removed one shelf so have more than enough space for AVR to breath.

Congratulations on your setup! Btw, what stabilizer and spike buster do you have for the setup?

I am planning to start off with the Denon1312 and Tannoy M1 for 33.5k. Rebuilding the cabinet, should be completed some time next week after which I will make the purchase :yahoo:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adie

Congratulations on your setup! Btw, what stabilizer and spike buster do you have for the setup?
I am planning to start off with the Denon1312 and Tannoy M1 for 33.5k. Rebuilding the cabinet, should be completed some time next week after which I will make the purchase

Well currently I have not used any of spike gaurd or stablizer. But in my location electricity is not a problem. ( cross fingered ).

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back