2.1 multimedia speaker Set under 15k

gnzkantony

I want a good 2.1 speaker system for my pc. I have no sound card. Only onboard sound.
Main purpose is listening music (linkin park, mj, coldplay, ghazals, carnatic classicals, hindi/tamil film songs, etc... ) Please suggest a 2.1 multimedia speaker set under 15k.

Last edited:
I want a good 2.1 speaker system for my pc. I have no sound card. Only onboard sound.
Main purpose is listening music (linkin park, mj, coldplay, ghazals, carnatic classicals, hindi/tamil film songs, etc... ) Please suggest a 2.1 multimedia speaker set under 15k.

Logitech Z623 gives very good bass and if your source is good, is very good to listen - otherwise the bass may sound a bit boomy. Costs around 8K

You could also look at Swan Speakers 2.1 - Welcome to HiFiNage - The Only Online Store to Buy Swan(HiVi) Speakers in India and Portable Audiophile Products

For entry level (around 2.5k), you can get Fenda A555U - 2.1, has FM and USB, and has a remote as well. They claim 56 W RMS @ 4ohms

HTH
Athulan

Check out these speakers - Edifier C3, Edifier Edifier S530 and Klipsch promedia 2.1. I would rate these speakers as best for music in this price range. You may also want to consider investing in a sound card to bring out the best out of these speakers.

Check out these speakers - Edifier C3, Edifier Edifier S530 and Klipsch promedia 2.1. I would rate these speakers as best for music in this price range. You may also want to consider investing in a sound card to bring out the best out of these speakers.

Klipsch promedia 2.1:clapping::clapping:

Harman Kardon soundstickIII:clapping::clapping:

if you are in chennai, you can pick up the Circle arko 100W. they're rebranded microlab solo 6C.
Microlab Just Listen

they're not 2.1 (they're active bookshelves), but for their price (~8K), they're the best. I saw a couple of them in stock at the landmark in spencer plaza. Just check if the tweeters are working while buying them.

I have the 5" version, got them while they were on 50% sale, and they sound amazing! (and even better at that price)

Have a look at Asus Xonar DX soundcard, its costs around Rs 4600. It would be a good upgrade from a motherboard's onboard sound.

If you want a lower priced sound card then Asus Xonar DG would be a good choice, you can get it for around Rs 1600. If you have a old motherboard then this will be a good upgrade, but the difference between a newer motherboard with a good onboard audio and this card will not be big. So if you going for a entry level card like the Asus Xonar DG then I would recommend you to first use the speaker with your motherboard's onboard sound and see if you like it. If the sound quality is not up to your expectation then you can get a entry level sound card.

Last edited:
Its my personal opinion....

Its better to not to waste your hard money on low grade DAC OR Soundcards.....Put your money and time on good speakers,amp,sources......get a quality DAC later.........

if you are in chennai, you can pick up the Circle arko 100W. they're rebranded microlab solo 6C.
Microlab Just Listen

they're not 2.1 (they're active bookshelves), but for their price (~8K), they're the best. I saw a couple of them in stock at the landmark in spencer plaza. Just check if the tweeters are working while buying them.

I have the 5" version, got them while they were on 50% sale, and they sound amazing! (and even better at that price)

In chennai where to get this product.........and how to get 50% sale....or how to know...

Edifier S530 is out of stock in India, so you should be looking at Swans or Klipsch 2.1s now ... buy good speakers, you can later buy a good sound card.
In chennai where to get this product.........and how to get 50% sale....or how to know...

If your referring to the Circle Arko's then sadly I don't think you can find them any longer. There might be a set floating around in one of the Landmark outlets but it'll be a hard search. There were a couple of set's available on Ebay India but they got sold out a few months ago.

IMHO, get the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 and a Asus Xonar DX sound card (later if you so wish). This is the combination I now have for my music only PC and the ProMedia's are absolutely brilliant speakers. The sound is crisp and mid's flow beautifully. OTOH, below the 10k mark you can also look at the Edifier C2, C2 Plus, C2XD and the Edifier C3.

Last edited:
I bought circle arko 6 at landmark in citi center mall few months back.you can check there.you can call up landmark in Chennai to check their availability.

I bought circle arko 6 at landmark in citi center mall few months back.you can check there.you can call up landmark in Chennai to check their availability.

So it appears that they are still available in Chennai Landmark. Anyone know if they are available anywhere in Kolkata?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back