2.1 speakers to connect to LCD

Nemo_75

Hello,

I am planning to buy a 2.1 speaker system to connect with my LCD with a budget of 5k-8k. I had initially thought of buying a cheapo Phillips/Samsung
home theatre but rejected it based on

a. I think a good 2.1 speaker system would sound way better than a 5-8k home theatre.
b. I don't like wires running around the house.
c. I already have a DVD player.

Does it sound feasible?

My primary objective is to watch movies,listen to music, news,sports channels etc.(no gaming). I am not interested in heavy bass and would prefer more
clarity.The room size is around 8feet*14feet

Based on the my requirement, I have shortlisted the following:

1. Edifier C3(Please suggest any other Edifier model within my budget if possible)
2. Altec Lasing MX6021
3. Klipsch Promedia2.1( I don't know if I will get them in Chennai)
4. Corsair SP2200
5. Logitech Z623

Any other speaker system?

I have not considered Audioengine or Swan as they do not seem to be easily available.
Can you guys please suggest me an appropriate speaker system for the LCD? I am based out of Chennai so any pointer as to where to procure will also help.

Thanks much,

I was also in the same dilemma a few days ago.
As for Edifier you can also look at S330.
Klipsch Promedia is the best of the lot but the only way to source it : abroad/ global easy buy on ebay,plus you'll have to buy a voltage converter as US model would be of 110V.
Altec Lansing 6021 & Logitech 623 are more or less the same IMO.Better audition them and decide one to your taste.Logitech 623 is THX certified although.
No idea on Crosair SP2200, never auditioned them.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back