2 HDMI interface problem!

Get2Ricky

Alright, having some problems and looking for suggestions/advice/solution from fellow members here.

I am planning for a 4k TV 55 inch for my current HT setup but my AVR doesn't support 4k. I heard/read over here that we can use 2 HDMI interfaces i.e. 1 from GPU to TV for the 4k video and 1 hdmi from mobo to avr for the TrueHD/MA lossless sound. Before investing in 4k hdr tv i want to make sure this way works as i can't upgrade my AVR yet. So last night i connected my Nvidia 1060 HDMI to my current TV for the video, Mobo HDMI to AVR input and turned on. Selected the Yamaha output from the sound that windows 10 detected and got the sound working. BUT to my surprise i am not getting Master Audio or True HD sound but only Dolby Digital or DTS. I am confused what to do or where i went wrong as i am sure my Asus mobo supports lossless audio. Any help regarding this would be appreciable. This is my current specs:

Intel i5 2500K 4.8ghz
Asus P8Z77 v pro
16GB GSkill sniper DDR3 RAM
Yamaha HTR 3067

Thank you

Why use the MB HDMI? I have a NVidia 960 and use one display port for my monitor and the HDMI for AVR.
Check if the Yamaha AVR is configured in windows as 5.1. Sometimes windows defaults it to stereo.

Why use the MB HDMI? I have a NVidia 960 and use one display port for my monitor and the HDMI for AVR.
Check if the Yamaha AVR is configured in windows as 5.1. Sometimes windows defaults it to stereo.
Cuz i want the video signal to be 4k HDR and i think that's only possible through GPU HDMI .. Also for lossless audio i have to use the HDMI port only if i am not wrong ..

I don't understand. Both hdmi output should give 4k HDR if the graphics card and display support's it. Audio will be decoded by the avr.

Alright, having some problems and looking for suggestions/advice/solution from fellow members here.

I am planning for a 4k TV 55 inch for my current HT setup but my AVR doesn't support 4k. I heard/read over here that we can use 2 HDMI interfaces i.e. 1 from GPU to TV for the 4k video and 1 hdmi from mobo to avr for the TrueHD/MA lossless sound. Before investing in 4k hdr tv i want to make sure this way works as i can't upgrade my AVR yet. So last night i connected my Nvidia 1060 HDMI to my current TV for the video, Mobo HDMI to AVR input and turned on. Selected the Yamaha output from the sound that windows 10 detected and got the sound working. BUT to my surprise i am not getting Master Audio or True HD sound but only Dolby Digital or DTS. I am confused what to do or where i went wrong as i am sure my Asus mobo supports lossless audio. Any help regarding this would be appreciable. This is my current specs:

Intel i5 2500K 4.8ghz
Asus P8Z77 v pro
Yamaha HTR 3067

Thank you
Based on the specs, I think the Asus mobo doesnt support truehd or master audio.
One option, is to check if your TV supports ARC and if in ARC supports TrueHD/MA.
The other would be to use a splitter, although havent done much research on the same.

Based on the specs, I think the Asus mobo doesnt support truehd or master audio.
One option, is to check if your TV supports ARC and if in ARC supports TrueHD/MA.
The other would be to use a splitter, although havent done much research on the same.

Checked the motherboard specs its HDMI 1.4a port and audio is Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC which also specify on the spec sheet >> Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound. :/

That audio is through a different port

How can i check that it doesnt support lossless audio then? If not the audio codec and HDMI 1.4a port standard, then what else to look at where i can confirm its my motherboard that doesn't support? :( Its driving me nuts tbh :/

Hi

Have you tried using Optical out (if present) of the motherboard to send the audio signal to the AVR?

HDMI can send the video feed to the TV directly

Hi

Have you tried using Optical out (if present) of the motherboard to send the audio signal to the AVR?

HDMI can send the video feed to the TV directly

Hi there, my concern is i am not able to get lossless audio format and as far as i know optical doesn't support lossless formats like DTS MA and Dolby TrueHD. That is only possible through HDMI.

Right now i am getting the Video signal from my GPU HDMI directly connected to my TV for 4K HDR and Motherboard HDMI to AVR input but only able to get DTS and Dolby format so far.

Just need a way to get DTS MA and Dolby TrueHD audio somehow.

Intel i5 2500K 4.8ghz
Asus P8Z77 v pro
Yamaha HTR 3067

Thank you

Thats strange, the onboard GPU HDMI should bit stream HD audio. Can you share a screen shot of how you have your default audio device is setup in windows sound settings and in the Video player settings. Have you enabled bitstream for the onboard GPU HDMI audio device in the media player that you are using?

Thats strange, the onboard GPU HDMI should bit stream HD audio. Can you share a screen shot of how you have your default audio device is setup in windows sound settings and in the Video player settings. Have you enabled bitstream for the onboard GPU HDMI audio device in the media player that you are using?
+1 to above, I had a similar case where the Sound card was trying to decode the audio and send it to the AVR rather than just bit streaming it. Windows should pass through the signal and not send it in PCM format after decoding. Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back