2 Taga 212 SE sub or 1 QB12

Perfect

Hi All ,

I am actively looking for a sub in the recent past.

I have my eyes on the Q acoustics QB12 ( sealed one ). But I was wondering for the price of one sub , Can I go with 2 decent subs ( Taga 212 SE)

My Budget is 40 to 50K Max.

My Room dimension are : 11 x 16 ( Living Room)

My Current Setup :
AVR : Denon x1600H
Fronts : Q Acoustics 3050i

Experts here can also suggest other subs as well. I am based out in Chennai. I watch Movies , TV Shows mostly and occasional Evening time Music.

*I believe SVS , REL , XTZ are out of my budget.

Hi All ,

I have my eyes on the Q acoustics QB12 ( sealed one ). But I was wondering for the price of one sub , Can I go with 2 decent subs ( Taga 212 SE)

My Current Setup :

Experts here can also suggest other subs as well. I am based out in Chennai. I watch Movies , TV Shows mostly and occasional Evening time Music.

I would recommend to get a QB12 , while the response might be smoother with 2 of Taga 212 SE , the QB12 will be in all probability provide better quality of bas. Not auditioned either but have heard great things about QB12.

Maybe after a period of time or you can think of dual subs by adding another QB12 when one pops up at a good price on the used market

I suggest if you can wait a little longer go for svs pb1000 as the newer model pb1000 pro will be arriving to India end of this month or starting of the next month. So the pb1000 prices should go down.
Currently you can get new pb1000 for 62k. Also the resale value is quite good for svs subs.

Hi All ,

My Current Setup :

Let me know if ur interested. Being in Chennai you can consider my 1 month used 12.17. It’s in brand new condition. U will have to extend ur budget but it will be well worth the one time investment

I would recommend to get a QB12 , while the response might be smoother with 2 of Taga 212 SE , the QB12 will be in all probability provide better quality of bas. Not auditioned either but have heard great things about QB12.

Maybe after a period of time or you can think of dual subs by adding another QB12 when one pops up at a good price on the used market
Being a sealed sub , is it good for Movies and Tv shows though ?

I suggest if you can wait a little longer go for svs pb1000 as the newer model pb1000 pro will be arriving to India end of this month or starting of the next month. So the pb1000 prices should go down.
Currently you can get new pb1000 for 62k. Also the resale value is quite good for svs subs.
At the moment , I have been just looking online for subs , may i know where can i get PB1000 for tat price in Chennai ? Any dealer / contact would be much appreciated.

Let me know if ur interested. Being in Chennai you can consider my 1 month used 12.17. It’s in brand new condition. U will have to extend ur budget but it will be well worth the one time investment

Its a great sub , but its just above my budget at the moment. But let me think over it for a week or so and I will get back to you on this. Thx

At the moment , I have been just looking online for subs , may i know where can i get PB1000 for tat price in Chennai ? Any dealer / contact would be much appreciated.
I don't know in Chennai, but in Bangalore you can check with MusicRanch.

Hi All ,

My Current Setup :

I am using QB12. Its very good for movies too. My usage is equally for movies and music.

I have partied with Marantz SR6014.

Quick question to @Perfect? Where in Chennai can you get Taga 212se for 20K?
Where did i say , I am getting 212 SE for 20K ?! , 1 QB12 cost around 48+ , while from Hifimart , 212 SE is around 30. The plan is , if 2 Tagas would perform better , I can add the second sub later , probably after couple of months while I cant afford 2 QB12 !

I am using QB12. Its very good for movies too. My usage is equally for movies and music.

I have partied with Marantz SR6014.
I am very much inclined towards QB12 , as I have QA 3050i towers as well. Did you audition or try any other sub in that range especially ported ones ?

Where did i say , I am getting 212 SE for 20K ?! , 1 QB12 cost around 48+ , while from Hifimart , 212 SE is around 30. The plan is , if 2 Tagas would perform better , I can add the second sub later , probably after couple of months while I cant afford 2 QB12 !
Ok I misunderstood, since your budget was 40 to 50K and comparing two subs to one. I thought you have found a dealer to get TAGA for that price. I'm also looking to buy a sub under 30K in Chennai. Maybe we can group buy and get some discounts. I believe we can get Taga 212SE for 28K.

I am very much inclined towards QB12 , as I have QA 3050i towers as well. Did you audition or try any other sub in that range especially ported ones ?
Actually I was planning for svs sb1000. That time, it was out of stock with local dealers. I was looking at sealed subs as I am equally into music. I listed polk and klipsch but finally liked qb12 while listening the same. Also thought I will save some money by opting qb12 instead of svs.

Hi All ,

My Current Setup :

Also depends on your room size. I was looking for a sub within a similar budget recently. The SVS pro though tempting was above my budget since new models were expected to be at around 77k and I do not think big discounts would be given initially. The QB 12 which I ended up purchasing is doing an admirable job together with a pair of Dali Zensor 3.

The great thing about the bass is that it is subtle - you can immediately feel it in hip hop say or a modern movie yet if I am watching a late night talk show you kind of forget that there is a sub woofer connected (which is the way it should be).

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back