2012 Pana Owners > Do you see DSE or Banding

Nishabfss

Hi All,

While watching Soccer or any Sports for that matter I see significant noise on my Plasma XT50 ( Got ST50 with Brother). This is when camera moves say from right to left.

On break-in slides, I could identify few bands as well

Do you guys face the same? Lot of user faced issues with ST & GT series in US and is a known issue. [B]If yes, did you press for replacement with Panasonic?[/B]
Please share your month of Manufac/Import in case you face this unfortunate music.

Last edited:
I don't think Panasonic would replace your TV, in the US it's a different story though. Sadly, in India it will be next to impossible getting a replacement :(

I don't think Panasonic would replace your TV, in the US it's a different story though. Sadly, in India it will be next to impossible getting a replacement :(

Intent of thread was to understand if others are facing the same issue...Replacement in India is :sad:

Hi All,

While watching Soccer or any Sports for that matter I see significant noise on my Plasma XT50 ( Got ST50 with Brother). This is when camera moves say from right to left.

On break-in slides, I could identify few bands as well

Do you guys face the same? Lot of user faced issues with ST & GT series in US and is a known issue. [B]If yes, did you press for replacement with Panasonic?[/B]
Please share your month of Manufac/Import in case you face this unfortunate music.

Panny plasmas tends to show banding with camera panning speacialy when fed with 50hz signal. it is just that most of the people dont notice it. BTW i am not the lucky one :sad:

Panny plasmas tends to show banding with camera panning speacialy when fed with 50hz signal. it is just that most of the people dont notice it. BTW i am not the lucky one :sad:

Hmm which set you have plz..Well agree with you on banding...just that it was not on XT while st has visible bands and crap dirty screen during motion or panning

Last edited:
My GT50 has banding with fast camera panning on STB signal. This is not present with BluRays though

Are you able to see the logo in image slides only or is it visible with regular (other) channels also? I have just posted an article on this.

Are you able to see the logo in image slides only or is it visible with regular (other) channels also? I have just posted an article on this.

It is visible on light backgrounds. For movies, I normally watch old classics in B&W on BluRay, so the white background makes the IR visible. It has reduced I guess with time. I had taken all precautions during my first 200 hr usage period and there was no IR during that period. I stopped looking into that aspect past few months and recently noticed the channel IR. I guess I was watching same channel for more than a couple of hours on most days, so the Star World Logo alone is prominent. I guess still the IR issue is a big one with Plasma, no matter what marketing jargon the manufacturer throws at you, nothing has been done to address it :). My friend also got a sticky IR while running the set in THX cinema mode.

There is a DVD from website tvblink.com that allows to run many tests to test the TV. Two of the tests test TV banding and DSE. Here is the download link.

1. Download, unzip and burn the ISO to a DVD-R.
2. Download the PDF instructions also.
3. Read the instructions and it tells what test does what and what to look for.
4. Pop in the disc into a DVDP or BDP and run the tests. You can run each test manually one at a time or all tests together. Each test is for 10-15 seconds or so.

I ran th tests. In the banding test, I could observe some miniscule banding but not so much that it is blatantly visible and distracting.

There is a DVD from website tvblink.com that allows to run many tests to test the TV. Two of the tests test TV banding and DSE. Here is the download link.

4. Pop in the disc into a DVDP or BDP and run the tests. You can run each test manually one at a time or all tests together. Each test is for 10-15 seconds or so.

I ran th tests. In the banding test, I could observe some miniscule banding but not so much that it is blatantly visible and distracting.
Thanks buddy..happy Diwali...my sports pleasure is gone due to DSE....well guess gotta live with it....

Pictures don't do justice. These still images of break-in slides show uniform pattern/colour on the TV to the naked eye. The snapshot from SGS2 is not perfect.
agupehy2.jpg

vedamyda.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Pictures don't do justice. These still images of break-in slides show uniform pattern/colour on the TV to the naked eye. The snapshot from SGS2 is not perfect.
agupehy2.jpg

vedamyda.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Agree images create illusion...however in my case DSE is quite visible...but let's see if it gets better...also fRND, I a. Unable to find calibiration settings for my st..not able to get one for India models...I am about 100 hours with a mix of slides, low contrast settings, few movies,,,,

Line bleed is normal

I got few pms in respect of line bleed.

It is there when you open any menu...but that is inherent feature of plasma...

Line would would be more when you open a meu and background would show it across he horizontal width of panel....I researched and identified its the way it should be with all plasam

I downloaded this video which is from YouTube.

This I saw in pana show room as well. Results were terrible.

Bottom half was gone for a toss...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back