32 Inch LED TV - need to decide and few question

sonu

Hi,

I am planning to buy a 32 inch full HD LED TV. I have few questions on this -

1) i have read somewhere that for 32 inch, there is no difference between full HD and HD ready. is it true. will picture quality will be same for both.

2) If picture quality will be same, should i buy non HD set top box (Tata Sky). or HD connection will give PQ on HD ready LED.

3) could you please suggest some model in 32 inch. My use will be

a) SD:HD channel will be 50:50 ratio.
b) viewing distance will be 6 feet.
c) would be playing DVD movies (picture quality will not be that good as will watch from 4-5 movies in one DVD)
d) should be able to connect my laptop to TV.

e) not looking for playing game on TV.
f) no 3D

i would prefer PQ and less maintenance over other features .

I have looked three models till now Sony EX650, EX550 (It is HD ready) and Samsung ES5600 (but scared of Samsung because of lottery system of Panel).

If you could please suggest / recommend any other model.

my budget is 30-40K (although above two model are 42.5k). I can consider 2.5K extra for X-Reality in Sony or any other model because of better PQ.

Hi,

I am planning to buy a 32 inch full HD LED TV. I have few questions on this -

1) i have read somewhere that for 32 inch, there is no difference between full HD and HD ready. is it true. will picture quality will be same for both.
No. The understanding is not correct. Of course, there is a big difference between a panel of 1366x768 pixels and one with 1920x1080 pixels. The key is the viewing distance and the source material being viewed. The typical source material is DTH and it is mostly SD (480i) and some HD (1080i). The typical viewing distance is 6 to 8 feet. At that distance and source, there is no perceptible difference to the eye. Even when source with true 1080p material, such as blu-ray, at longer viewing distance, there is no perceptible difference. However, if you sit closer than 4', then you will notice the difference.

2) If picture quality will be same, should i buy non HD set top box (Tata Sky). or HD connection will give PQ on HD ready LED.
To enjoy full benefits of the HD-TV, even HD-Ready, you should go with HD STB. Of course there is extra cost involved.

3) could you please suggest some model in 32 inch. My use will be

a) SD:HD channel will be 50:50 ratio.
b) viewing distance will be 6 feet.
c) would be playing DVD movies (picture quality will not be that good as will watch from 4-5 movies in one DVD)
d) should be able to connect my laptop to TV.
e) not looking for playing game on TV.
f) no 3D

i would prefer PQ and less maintenance over other features .

I have looked three models till now Sony EX650, EX550 (It is HD ready) and Samsung ES5600 (but scared of Samsung because of lottery system of Panel).

If you could please suggest / recommend any other model.

my budget is 30-40K (although above two model are 42.5k). I can consider 2.5K extra for X-Reality in Sony or any other model because of better PQ.

You could go with any HD-Ready TV such as Samsung 4 series, Sony BX series, Panasonic E5, etc. For computer connectivity, check whether your display card/laptop has HDMI out. If not, check that TV has VGA input.

If you are watching those 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 DVDs, then you are feeding absolute crap to TV. It is like feeding grass to a tiger and expect him to behave like a tiger. Why are you even talking about spending 2.5K or so extra for better PQ? Sorry to sound harsh, but that is how it is. DVDs are as cheap as Rs. 99 and can go up to Rs. 400. If you can't buy, then you can rent. Don't go for pirated stuff. Buy/rent original stuff.

Completely agree with the above.simply put, buy HD ready and save some bucks and invest in good HD set top box(if viewing distance is 6' as you mentioned). Dont be scared of samsung panel lottery system. look out for VGA port for the TV if your Laptop doesnt have HDMI, else you better use HDMI from Laptop to TV.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back