dipeshs1985

Hi All,

I want to buy a good LED TV.

My Requirements are -

1. LED TV.
2. Non Smart, Non 3D.
3. Good sound, Picture Quality.
4. Budget around 25-30 thousand INR.
5. The TV will primarily be using the TV for watching normal TV programmes (in non HD) and for watching Cricket (occasionally in HD).
6 Preferred brands are Sony and Samsung.

Firstly I would want to know what is the difference between a Full HD TV and an HD Ready TV. I read somewhere that the difference is not visible in TV's that are below 40 inches. Also suppose I buy a HD ready TV then will it be possible to watch HD channel?

I also do not require HDMI port as I would not be connecting my TV to Computer so that is not a requirement.

I have shortlisted a few models after reading about them online and they are

HD Ready

1. Samsung 32EH4003
2. Samsung 32H4000

Full HD

1. Samsung 32H5100
2. Sony KLV-32R482B

Which is the best from the above 4 models, have you used any of the above mentioned TV's? What are your experiences? Any other TV which suits my requirements?

Please help.

hd ready is a resolution of 1280x720 pixels whereas Full HD is 1980x1080 pixels.both are widescreen resolutions with an aspect ratio of 16:9.insofar as the choice of your tv is concerned,what you have heard is actually true,the difference between hd ready and full hd resolution is hardly noticeable on a screen size of less than 40inches.since your viewing requirement is quiet limited u can opt for a hd ready set as well.also do look for an hdmi port as that will make your tv futureproof atleast for some time and can come in handy incase you decide to use it with your pc or gaming console.hope this helps

Thanks Gaurav for your helpful reply, I went for a Samsung HD ready TV. What is the exact use of the HDMI port, I am not very tech savvy?

I have finally gone for Samsung 32EH4003. I took a demo of all the above at VS and found that this one had the best picture quality. Read reviews on Flipkart/ Amazon of people complaining about its sound but it seemed fine to me. Waiting for it to arrive :) PS - Does anyone know how to check its usage time?

congratulations for the purchase dipeshs.also donot forget to buy additional warrenties for your tv,might come in handy.as regards to your query HDMI or High-Definition Multimedia Interface is a compact hi-speed audio/video interface for transferring video and digital audio data from an HDMI-compliant source device, such as a display controller,your game controllers, set top boxes etc to a compatible computer monitor,digital television, or digital audio device etc.in short HDMI is a digital replacement for existing analog video standards and also the fastest and the best IMO.

I did get it and it is working fine as of now. No major issues, picture quality is superb and the sound is quite enough for normal SD TV viewing.

You looking to buy this one?
Congrats. Happy viewing

I am looking to buy this or similar 32 inch model. does it have any audio out socket for connecting headphone or multimedia speakers. i am looking for tv with analog audio out

Last edited:
congratulations for the purchase dipeshs.also donot forget to buy additional warrenties for your tv,might come in handy.as regards to your query HDMI or High-Definition Multimedia Interface is a compact hi-speed audio/video interface for transferring video and digital audio data from an HDMI-compliant source device, such as a display controller,your game controllers, set top boxes etc to a compatible computer monitor,digital television, or digital audio device etc.in short HDMI is a digital replacement for existing analog video standards and also the fastest and the best IMO.

Thanks! I got my TV from Flipkart, how do I avail the extra warranty? :)

Congrats. Happy viewing

I am looking to buy this or similar 32 inch model. does it have any audio out socket for connecting headphone or multimedia speakers. i am looking for tv with analog audio out

This one does not have an output for connecting extra speakers.

Ok guys, I have a problem now. I got this Samsung TV last month end and it was working fine till a couple of days ago. One night, the signal was lost and the screen showed the page it shows when it is raining heavily 'No signal. Heavy rain or cloud might be the reason. Restart your Set Top Box, if problem persists call customer care' (Something like that which comes in Tata Sky). The funny thing was that it was neither raining nor was it cloudy. The signal resumed only after 15-20 minutes. I thought it might be a one off incident as the next 2 days were without any incident. But then the same problem occured and it resumed only when I fixed a seemingly loose wire connection from my set top box to the TV. But I was scared as my 30 day replacement warranty by Flipkart was nearing. So I called the Samsung engineer and after lots of cajoling he agreed to come and check the tv. He came yesterday and told me that the tv is 100 per cent fine and the problem is with my Tata Sky set top box. He said that the dish antenna on the terrace might have become loose in the heavy winds that Mumbai faced last week. I will be calling the Tata Sky guys today to call someone from their place. Do you Guys think that the problem is with my TV or the Set Top Box? PLEASE HELP.

Ok guys, I have a problem now. I got this Samsung TV last month end and it was working fine till a couple of days ago. One night, the signal was lost and the screen showed the page it shows when it is raining heavily 'No signal. Heavy rain or cloud might be the reason. Restart your Set Top Box, if problem persists call customer care' (Something like that which comes in Tata Sky). The funny thing was that it was neither raining nor was it cloudy. The signal resumed only after 15-20 minutes. I thought it might be a one off incident as the next 2 days were without any incident. But then the same problem occured and it resumed only when I fixed a seemingly loose wire connection from my set top box to the TV. But I was scared as my 30 day replacement warranty by Flipkart was nearing. So I called the Samsung engineer and after lots of cajoling he agreed to come and check the tv. He came yesterday and told me that the tv is 100 per cent fine and the problem is with my Tata Sky set top box. He said that the dish antenna on the terrace might have become loose in the heavy winds that Mumbai faced last week. I will be calling the Tata Sky guys today to call someone from their place. Do you Guys think that the problem is with my TV or the Set Top Box? PLEASE HELP.

Because the message is from Tatasky, problem should be between the settop box and the dish antenna for sure.

Because the message is from Tatasky, problem should be between the settop box and the dish antenna for sure.

The Tata Sky person should come in the next few days to see what is suddenly wrong with the set top box or the dish antenna. Also, I am not thinking of upgrading to an HD Set Top Box since my TV is only 32 inches, I hope that will not cause picture quality to suffer?

extended warranties have to be purchased directly from the manufacturer,only then it makes any sense,you can check the LG website for their contact info,inform them of your intention of purchasing warranties,make sure they are genuine with complete paperwork and try opting for the maximum warranty period available.as regards to your query above, i dont think a non HD box will effect the PQ of the TV much.hope your STB issue is resolved.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back