32" Sony Bravia 32BX320 Review with Pictures

max8084

Friends,

First let me thanks all you guys and hifivision.com for giving me knowledge about LCD TV's, home theater systems and DTH. I never knew about any of this stuff before.

I Just bought 32" Sony 32BX320 TV from ALFA, Mumbai for Rs.24,000/- without warranty and thought may be give you guys my amateur review about it. I am very bad writer hence please bear with me. (techies are not good writers he he).
Anyway, Here is brief review which may help you in making buying decision.

My hunt for TV started while my home interior was under construction, I got very confused about size of TV. I have 3 rooms where tv can be viewed.

1) bed room (92 inches viewing distance)
2) Living Area (105 inches viewing distance)
3) Office Room / Home theater room (84 Inches viewing distance)

We mostly watch movies etc., on my HTPC which is installed in my office. It is very powerful computer with surround sound etc., but has only 24" monitor and creative 4.1 surround speakers. My Living area do not have air conditioner hence I am more incline to keep TV in my office room or bed room, rather then in living area.

I often use to check size of TV in malls and store I use to visit but was never able to decide between 32" and 40". I was almost certain going for 40" however, while watching sports I and my wife caught little bit headache, that time I decided 32" TV will be good for my viewing distance.

After much discussion with various family members and on hifivision forum and taking bunch of opinions for the month, I decided to go for 32" and I am happy with my decision. It looks sufficiently big in all rooms with above sizes, however you may like bigger.

It was Sunday morning and I was very excited to buy TV hence I told my wife to get ready we are buying TV today. I never seen her get ready so quickly. :lol:

Originally I decided to buy Sony Bravia 32" cx320 (Sony bravia 32cx320) TV, but it was not available. However its little cousin 32BX320 was available. After going through Consumer Electronics & IT Products : Sony India on my mobile, I decided to go for it as it only lacked ambient sensor when compared to 32cx320 model. I did not want to wait for another week or so.

I asked salesman at Alfa to bring fresh factory packed peace and open it in front of me. He promptly bought packed t.v. and opened in front of me. OMG, It was brand new Sony bravia. I asked him to play some hi def videos and cable TV, and he played it for me. I also tested remote at this moment of time. I was little paranoid because of no warranty however he played every thing for me. I must say alfa salesman was very courteous, he did not mind playing all things for me. Once We was satisfied about the product I told him to pack it. After payment, he gave us guy to carry TV to our car. Overall, I will give 5 star for shopping experience.

My wife was very happy after we bought this TV. I never seen her so happy and excited after our marriage, damn I should buy her one more just to see her that much happy again :). :eek:hyeah:

I started assembling TV after we arrived home and started taking pictures to give you guys first hand experience and review. Well, first time I assembled stand upside down. At that time, I felt dumb and opened stand again and installed it in proper position. We then prayed God as we always do before starting any new electronic and started TV. Whola, when it starts it display sony logo and also makes sound, I cant describe it here but it always feels good when you hear this sound. Its a sony sound i guess!. Well, after starting TV, I ran to my computer to copy some AVI,MKV,MP3 and JPG files on memory stick and to my surprise it played all formats. YES, it played AVI, MKV, MP3 and JPG images as well. However, it has some problems playing very compressed MKV files which is not a big issue for me.

Here are BREIF's about this TV.:

1) Panel is very good looking and looks beautiful.
2) Sound quality is very good however, don't expect any BASS.
3) You really don't need externel speakers if you are not home theater fan. It plays everything loud. However, don't expect much, it can never match experience of home theater system.
4) It plays AVI
5) It plays MKV, however have some problems playing high compressed MKV format video files
6) I have not yet tested DTS 5.1 movie on it as at present I do not have home theater system with HDMI support
7) It also plays MP3 and will display all images in normal mode and also has slideshow function.
8) Installation was very quick, no hdmi cable included
9) Its display is very bright, I don't think one need LED TV, we normally keep brightness at 50% in night and 60% in day light (I have too much light in my living room trust me).
10) I am sure its bigger sisters 40" TV, must also be great.
11) It has sleep timer, power saving function (which basically dim back light, do not makes much sense)
12) I also played movies through my laptop, I attached VGA cable to TV back side and 3.5 mm jack from laptop to TV backside. After connection it did played VIDEO + AUDIO properly, in short you can watch video's directly from your laptop on this TV
13) it has 2 hdmi input, 2 rca inputs, 1 computer input, 3.5mm audio input jack
14) it also has 3.5mm jack for headphone, i used it to connect with my computers creative speakers (60 watts) and it was working great.
15) remote is very good looking and it has play, reverse, pause, forward, previous movie, next movie functions.
16) it directly goes to memory stick view when turned on.

I have not yet bought TV hence can not comment on t.v., however, I have ordered airtel HD dvr which will be installed in 1-2 days.

this is all I can think about for now, please ask any questions you may have in this thread. Take care.

Here are some images taken through my sony digital camera.

Please use thank you button if you liked my amateur review.

Last edited:
Hi congrats on your new tv. I really like the simple and understated design of Sony tvs. Please tell us your picture settings also. Please remember that the backlight in the picture setting shouldn't be more than 5. Enjoy your tv. Welcome to the Bravia club. Tc. :)

hi guys,
I picked up the 40 bx420 from national market in bangalore without bill and it cost me 38k, happy with it so far not happy with the sound though so looking for a sound system,
About the tv - its a no frill tv and does what a tv should do well :)

Hey,

Congratulations ! Your TV stand is very well designed. The three combinations of TV , Stand and backwall look very nice.

Can you mention if you bargained or was 24K the first and last price by Alfa ?

How is the Sony 32 CX 420 when compared to the Sony EX 400? Both come for almost Rs 35,000. I am looking for a full HD tv with good PQ and SQ.How does Samsung compare to Sony for the same price range and features?

Hi i have a Sony Ex400 and i love it. Sony Cx420 is a very good tv as well and it plays divx and other movie files which Ex400 doesnt. Cx420 is a 2011 model whereas Ex400 is a 2010 model. Samsung is also good but i find Sony better. Hope this helps. Tc.
How is the Sony 32 CX 420 when compared to the Sony EX 400? Both come for almost Rs 35,000. I am looking for a full HD tv with good PQ and SQ.How does Samsung compare to Sony for the same price range and features?

Hi buy Cx420 as it is a newer model. Tc.

Hey,

Congratulations ! Your TV stand is very well designed. The three combinations of TV , Stand and backwall look very nice.

Can you mention if you bargained or was 24K the first and last price by Alfa ?

thanks for complements. No sales person did not bargain price, I don't think they bargain prices.

will 32BX320 play USB mkv files(720p or 1080p) around the file size of 4.5 to 8.5Gb?

luckily i just formatted my old 120gb external hard drive to test if it works with TV and yes it does work, so I can connect external hard drives. wow, time to buy bigger 500gb external hard drive and store all my collection on it. :yahoo:

Let me copy 2.4gb mkv movie on it and test.

ok back after 10 minutes, yes it is playing 720p 5.1 MKV file which is 2.4gb, i am not sure about 5.1 as i do not have home theater. however, 2.4GB MKV picture played by TV is little less smooth (may be some frames are missing while playing) when compared with playing on my PC and you may conclude it do not plays bigger MKV files flawlessly.

I guess it should be able to play 4gb or 8gb file as well but i am not sure about smoothness. I think its processor is not capable enough to play highly compressed or bigger mkv files.

Last edited:
Let me copy 2.4gb mkv movie on it and test.

ok back after 10 minutes, yes it is playing 720p 5.1 MKV file which is 2.4gb, i am not sure about 5.1 as i do not have home theater. however, 2.4GB MKV picture played by TV is little less smooth (may be some frames are missing while playing) when compared with playing on my PC and you may conclude it do not plays bigger MKV files flawlessly.

I guess it should be able to play 4gb or 8gb file as well but i am not sure about smoothness. I think its processor is not capable enough to play highly compressed or bigger mkv files.

I bought 32cx320 a few days back.I connected hard disk and yes it plays mkv files smoothly :). It supports ac3 audio but not DTS so used a software to convert DTS to ac3 so audio is not a problem now.

It does not play subtitles for MKV file :sad: .Tried mkvtoolnix software (mkvextract and mkv merge) but no use .If you find any way to play the subtitles please tell me.

Last edited:
you are right, it is not able to play any subtitles and neither there is any option available for the same.

Hi I am in Delhi an am planning to buy sony KLV-32CX320 or KLV-32CX32D, can somone guide me which one is good and the approxi price.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back