3D-Blu-ray player needed

Heart beats

Hi, I'm looking forward to buy a 3D Blu-ray player.

I have Samsung H4900 '43 Plasma 3Dtv.

Here are my requirements.

1. Should support 3D playback.
2. All different codecs of .mp4 & .mkv playbacks. [with DTS HD,true HD = Must play them smoothly with fast foward 4+. I have tons of those files in Dvd-R and must be fully supported to play those.
3. Full support for external Hard drive. Playback.
4. At least a Youtube App
5. Built in Wifi

i have LG, only issue is it doesn't have Wifi. You can check my post/google to know about it. it's cheap as well

Either Panasonic or Pioneer should be good. I bought mine from eBay India.
I see many available now.
Have you checked with local dealers?

Always wondered about some prices of 3D blu-Ray players.. Its from as low as 5.5k to 20k players.
What are the major differences of players over 10k & below 10k apart from built in browser and added apps ? Anyone could answer me ?

I just need a player with 3d-wifi + youtube and above mentioned files format supported ones.
There are one's from samsung,LG,panasonic & sony to choose from. Allvery similar. Under 10k. :eek:

Under 10K the best best would be Pioneer BDP-160 ( Check ebay.in and should be available around 8.5k ).
The build quality of Pioneer is too good compared to the likes of Samsung, LG etc. It has analog audio out incase you want to use for 2 channel.
It is very sturdy built unit.
2014 model is BDP-170 around 12k.

Dolby Tru HD and DTS are the features one should look for if the decoding is done by the BDP but if you use an AVR for the same this is not an issue. I would suggest you get a 3D player with WIFI and DLNA compatibility so that you can stream movies from your phone and computer over wireless.

I have a nexus 7 2013 which I like to pair with them. Also, I'm later planning to buy a home theatre system, with the one's of either Yamaha,Onkyo or JBL. With an A/V receiver

you can have the content on the nexus 2013 running on your DLNA compliant BDP provided it is connected to the same network so wifi is a must for you.

I have Panasonic BDT 210... good player. Supports wifi, hdd and 3D. Few gripes I have is its quite mental interms of playing the downloaded files- it does some and doesn't quite many... You tube works great and has remote app for iOS and Andriod which is very very handy.
Whatever you may choose - consider this feature(remote app for android) - its tremendously helpful

Cheers

Hi after some minor searches, I'm thinking Samsung BDH6500 might be a good choice around 10k. It has Built in Wifi, 4K support, wider range of codecs support,Apps...
Any other alternatives to look for at this price range ?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back