3D & Networking Blu ray player from OPPO:BDP-93

idlebrain

No choice have to cash on the 3D fever.

Can Expect like BD-80/ BD-83 will be out soon from their catalogue.

why not give out a firmware release for 83 83se .. like ps3 ?

I doubt the 83/SE has the processing power needed to decode the two 1080P picture streams required for 3D.

The PS-3 is also limited in this regard, it's HDMI outputs will handle the 3D stream only with the DD/DTS CORE. So it outputs lossy audio (DD/DTS) with the 3D image, as of V 3.50.

Actually, oppo has removed it from the for sale section, as the 93 will be sold at the same price $499.

Thats one freaky habit with Oppo, unlike others instead of decreasing the price they completely discontinue the product when they introduce next set of models.

Been using BDP-83 for over 20 days and I'm impressed with it's speed and usability.. pop in a DVD with MKV or connect a HDD, evrerything loads in a flash.. yet to try the networking option...

I will buy the 3D version when I will have enough cash to buy a 3D TV but I'm happy for now :)

Avatar I think was the BluRay disc that took longest time to load on my BDP-83 .. (~10 seconds or so).. The rest were < 5 secs.

Absolutely love the product.

Any idea if this will be able to access smb/windows shares over the network? Or will it require a dlna server running on a PC, like the BDP-80?

While I am an Oppo owner and love the quality and aesthetics of the product, I am peeved by the confusion with the Oppo Sales & Marketing depts. The BD players hardly were there just over a year and they are being phased out.

I had mentioned earlier that the price point of 83 was very high for a universal player and hope that they dont make the same mistake with the 93 series. I still think that the Oppo players are way overpriced to make a decent profit and should be brought down to 500 and below (200-250 is ideal range) to increase the user base. Also it does not hlep that they are taking away the dedicated stereo outputs from the 93 while introducing network streaming and component via HDMI (?) connectivity. Anyway, interesting to see how one of the best video equipment manufacturer plans its product roll out in the next few years.

Last edited:
Dear
as a oppo owner ,you know the fact or quality,
now few day to try to buy oppo bdp 80 [old ]or new i like the front picture of bdp 83 [cost is very high :eek:]also one of friend[srini] help me to guide the way,
i asked you, now every where in forum or net all said oppo fadeout this two model ,what is draw back if company face out the both model, now in net some few old & new both model are available,is it worth to buy in this situation:confused: ,
kindly give idea.

While I am an Oppo owner and love the quality and aesthetics of the product, I am peeved by the confusion with the Oppo Sales & Marketing depts. The BD players hardly were there just over a year and they are being phased out.

I had mentioned earlier that the price point of 83 was very high for a universal player and hope that they dont make the same mistake with the 93 series. I still think that the Oppo players are way overpriced to make a decent profit and should be brought down to 500 and below (200-250 is ideal range) to increase the user base. Also it does not hlep that they are taking away the dedicated stereo outputs from the 93 while introducing network streaming and component via HDMI (?) connectivity. Anyway, interesting to see how one of the best video equipment manufacturer plans its product roll out in the next few years.

Last edited:
Indian bdp made by Sony 370 ,it has any problem.if i buy USA make bdp for quality,or it has any way to make this bdp to play usa bdp ,
i have no liking of 3d ,there fore all zone bdp i want ,

Maybe I am getting old but its very difficult to read and understand what your are saying, somdev.

The oppo bdp80 and the oppo bdp83 are not being sold but they will be serviceable. So you could buy a used one and you should have no worries on the service.

For the sony, buying from the US would mean it will play only US region blu rays and dvd's. So if you are fine with that, go ahead. Else, buy the panasonic bdp which can be modded to make it region free.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back