3d Play back using samsung se-506 blue ray drive

pradhan

I am having asus transformer book tx-300 (intel i5,4gb ram)
and samsung blue ray drive se-506 which came bundled with powerdvd 10....

i would like to play 3d blue ray on samsung 3d tv model no es-7500..

.how ever i am unable to do so....
its automatically start a 2d filim....
i tried imax under the sea..and pirate of caribian original blue ray....

Also when ever i tried to play dts-hd Master audio......
picture stutter a lot and some time even no sound......

how ever if i changed audio to stereo it play 2d content perfectly... .

Please help me.....

I used micro hdmi of my laptop to connect to aux hdmi input of Marantz 6007.....i also tried it to connect it to directly to hdmi input of tv but result remain same..:sad:

Your laptop should support HDMI 1.4. Check your GPU settings for the option stereoscopic 3D.

The correct name is "blu-ray" and not "blue-ray". The reason for not playing 3D is simple - the drive is not capable of 3D.

Re: 3d Play back using samsung se-506 blu ray drive

Thanks both of you.....yes its not blue ray....i was little stress out because nothing seems to be working in 3d mode......By the way i got the solution...i connected hdmi cable directly to tv and wow i got beautiful 3d but with stereo sound...and i tried it to connect thru receiver again 3d goes....so their should be some setting in receiver which i dont understand for 3d play back....Please help me to play it thru receiver and get dts sound track ....lots of thanks ... how do i edit thread heading for blue.....:D

Last edited:
Check both cables are hdmi 1.4 compliant (I have tried Rs.150/- ebay cable and it worked for 3d). I don't know if the avr has an option for 3d. My Denon has none. The problem may be that your avr is not reported as a 3d capable device to the pc. Updating the gpu driver may help. It may also be due to deep colour settings in avr.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion....:clapping:

cable is fine.......
:)
because when i reconnect same cable to tv directly result awesome picture........:yahoo:

However this is what i have notice after few hour of trial and error...

If signal is fed thru receiver my 3d glass are not getting connected to tv properly and hence no 3d picture....i tried this at least four - five times with different glasses too and result remain same....:sad:...this is a strange problem...never expected it.....Please do suggest some way out ...

Last edited:
Their is a software comes with power dvd 10 which can determined 3d playing capability...it showing unknown display....i am attaching that screen shot....in intel graphic display option it showing Marantz digital tv and not samsung tv ....Is this might be reason of not able to play?

Last edited:
Yesterday i borrowed a lg 3d player and connected it to aux of receiver .... 3 d worked perfectly....i am really confused....3d not working while connected aux of receiver to blu-ray drive else its work....It indicate their seems to be some setting problem....please help...

Last edited:
My friends Laptop with a Radeon 6570 (3D capable 1.4a) and PowerDVD 13 had loads of issues. I had taken this laptop when I went to buy an AVR, but when I came home and plugged my PC with Radeon 6870 it worked perfectly.

PDVD 10 was the first version to have 3D. Try The latest version 13 Ultra. Under settings go to 3D and set it to auto - Then see what picture below says - Should say 1.4 Enabled Display 24Hz

i did not understand you question properly. if you have 3D TV you must change the settings 2D to 3D if you want to watch movie in 3D

second thing is if you are trying to play video from pc/laptop to tv it's not good idea. even using HDMI cable you will see fps always missing which will feel sometimes video skipping for a second continuously or may be millisecond which is noticeable.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back