3D Setting in Epson projector - need help

fLUX

Hi,

I have a Epson 9400 projector and wanted to watch few 3d movies. If the disc is in 3d and the player does the conversion it works just fine , however if i play SBS content from local drive or youtube then it doesnt allow me to convert 2d - 3d manually , it says this operation is not allowed.

Any idea how to overcome the problem ? @drkrack @girishtd8262 , any suggestions towards the same ?

Hi,

I have a Epson 9400 projector and wanted to watch few 3d movies. If the disc is in 3d and the player does the conversion it works just fine , however if i play SBS content from local drive or youtube then it doesnt allow me to convert 2d - 3d manually , it says this operation is not allowed.

Any idea how to overcome the problem ? @drkrack @girishtd8262 , any suggestions towards the same ?
Absolutely no idea as far as the 3d settings are concerned.
I have a few 3d Blu-ray disks but I don't have compatible 3d glasses for Epson 9400. I played 3d bluray using Sony TV 3d glasses(borrowed glasses) and it was pretty good. Never tried with Local or Streaming content.

Hi,

Hi Sorry absolutely no idea.

Absolutely no idea as far as the 3d settings are concerned.
I have a few 3d Blu-ray disks but I don't have compatible 3d glasses for Epson 9400. I played 3d bluray using Sony TV 3d glasses(borrowed glasses) and it was pretty good. Never tried with Local or Streaming content.
Hi Sorry absolutely no idea.

Yup 3d Blu-ray plays really well. Just the sbs content is posing challenges. Anyway let me hunt if it's possible to do so from projector side at all, they advertise 2d to 3d conversion in their features so I believe it should be possible.

I am not sure whether i can provide any solution. Just sharing my experience testing 3d content. I have bought the Samsung SSG-5100GB from OLX and tested the 3d content from Youtube and only very few content are compatible with this PJ (TW9400).

I play the YouTube content through Nvidia Shield pro and for playing the 3d content correctly i have to downgrade the default resolution from 4k HDR to 1080P.

Then i will press the connect button in the 3d glass, which will give a brief information in the screen that 3d glass in connected.

Once it is connected, i will go to 3d settings under image and select 3d manually, its not detecting the 3d content automatically...

And i tried playing 3d movies from Kodi (but couldn't find the right format)... keep exploring the 3d content :)

The youtube 3d content didnt wowed me :) in fact i am not big fan of 3d content :)

I am not sure whether i can provide any solution. Just sharing my experience testing 3d content. I have bought the Samsung SSG-5100GB from OLX and tested the 3d content from Youtube and only very few content are compatible with this PJ (TW9400).

I play the YouTube content through Nvidia Shield pro and for playing the 3d content correctly i have to downgrade the default resolution from 4k HDR to 1080P.

Then i will press the connect button in the 3d glass, which will give a brief information in the screen that 3d glass in connected.

Once it is connected, i will go to 3d settings under image and select 3d manually, its not detecting the 3d content automatically...

And i tried playing 3d movies from Kodi (but couldn't find the right format)... keep exploring the 3d content :)

The youtube 3d content didnt wowed me :) in fact i am not big fan of 3d content :)

Thanks , Let me try changing the resolution on my Xbox to 1080p and see if it helps. I too am not a big fan but do enjoy watching 3d occasionally. I have a good amount of offline content for 3d and wanted to try it out.

Thanks , your solution worked. I changed my xbox resolution to 1080p and i can manually change the 3d settings :)

Hi,

I have a Epson 9400 projector and wanted to watch few 3d movies.
........ then it doesnt allow me to convert 2d - 3d manually , it says this operation is not allowed.

Sorry for the late reply but... are you sure, you are talking about the 9400? Because I can't find that option. I can see it on manuals of the 9300 or 8400 though. Hope

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back