3D-Smart Plasma vs 2D LED

Webcheetah

Quite an apprehension I must say.

Choices: Samsung 51F5500 - 51" 3D & Smart Plasma OR Panasonic 50A410D - 50" Full HD LED (IPS Panel)

Budget: 70k
Requirement: A TV to fill a space in 12 Ft x 30 Ft Living room
Usage: Occasional (Very occasional) apart from initial new product buying hoopla.
Contents to be played: Usual 2D TV programs, Movies once in a month, Kid's playstation games

Offers:
Samsung 51F5500 - 51" screen, 2 No.s 3D Glasses, 2 years warranty, 1 samsung basic mobile, 1 skype Camera - 65k
Panasonic 50A410D - 50" screen, 2 years warranty - 55k

My POV: Though samsung seems to be a lucrative for sure, still plasma images ain't as clear as LED one. Moreover plasma is at the end-of-life span hence will be distinct technology sooner or later. Moreover, beside basic 3D hoopla ain't going to use 3D on regular basis, smart feature might be a toy to play and showoff till the end of lifespan of the TV. Looking back to my requirements, panasonic is like hang it and forget it. You wont regret such a large screen at the said prices. Moreover if in a play mood can add up chomecast/apple tv or android stick to the tv.

What say .. please suggest... totally confused !! :indifferent14:

Samsung 51F5500 - 51" screen, 2 No.s 3D Glasses, 2 years warranty, 1 samsung basic mobile, 1 skype Camera - 65k
Bro, besides your question, where are you getting such an awesome deal? I am getting the above without 2 yr warranty, and basic mobile at 69K.. :/ after A LOT of negotiation.

Your questions:
I have no idea how the 50A410D is. BUT, at 55K if youre getting an LED (not from haier or onida or sansui brand or something) and you don't want ANY smart features, I think it makes more sense to buy this than spend 10K more. I am assuming the PQ of this Panny is GREAT. I mean it should be right?

Finally pulled the plug and ended up the confusion.

Bought 51F5500 @ 63k w/ 1 year warranty, 2 no.s 3d glasses, 1 skype camera, airtel HD connection :)

How I landed up the deal ? Putted cash on table, asked dealer to lower it as much as possible. applied trick to 3 dealers, got things in writing from them. Showed same rates to another dealer... that did the trick.

Next : Where to get 3D movies, content. :)

Bought 51F5500 @ 63k w/ 1 year warranty, 2 no.s 3d glasses, 1 skype camera, airtel HD connection :)

How I landed up the deal ? Putted cash on table, asked dealer to lower it as much as possible. applied trick to 3 dealers, got things in writing from them. Showed same rates to another dealer... that did the trick.

Congrats!!!

I wonder how did u manage to take back the cash to try ur trick with next dealer! Can u share?

Last edited:

Wow! maybe you can outsource your negotiation skills for a small fee (Beer? :cheers:)

I only managed to get LG 42LB5610 for 48K without any freebies :(

Hi Guys..
I have been offered 68k for 51F5500 with 1 year warranty, 2 no.s 3d glasses, 1 skype camera, airtel HD connection....
Im from bangalore....
Can u tell me where did u buy 51f5500 for 63k...
Im plannng to buy next week....
thank u...

Wow! maybe you can outsource your negotiation skills for a small fee (Beer? :cheers:)

Slightly off track. I want to go in for this model u bought. I am getting it for around 46K with i year additional lg warranty, dvd player (MRP 2500 from LG) and a swivel mount worth 7000 from LG as Diwali deal in Delhi. I want to know what made u go for IPS panel and is it worth it? I can PM U as i donot want to hijack this thread

Which dealer in Delhi? Perhaps i can try other Samsung model if i dont go for LG

Slightly off track. I want to go in for this model u bought. I am getting it for around 46K with i year additional lg warranty, dvd player (MRP 2500 from LG) and a swivel mount worth 7000 from LG as Diwali deal in Delhi. I want to know what made u go for IPS panel and is it worth it? I can PM U as i donot want to hijack this thread

No specific reason. Read that IPS panel are better. I needed a basic LED TV with a wider viewing angle. I just got it delivered, not yet setup.

You are getting an incredible deal. Here nobody was willing to go below 48K. You should seriously consider it...

Webcheetah: Pl keep us updated on your viewing experience for member's benefit
Soulforged; I would request u to give your detailed feedback at the earliest after your set up is finished. I want to know for normal viewing experience with a tubelight on in the room, is the brighness sufficient, as IPS panels are supposed to be less bright than their VA counterparts(Sony, Samsung). Other than that IPS panels are supposed to be beter overall as has been discussed at many places in the web.
I am also looking for a simple LED with headphone/optical out. Have you bought additional1/2 years warranty for peace of mind.

Sorry for updating late to this thread, all thanks to diwali rush in office :)

Can u tell me where did u buy 51f5500 for 63k...
Im plannng to buy next week....
thank u...
Procured it from sargam elec.

hehehe.. anytime bro.

BTW, managed to hangle up a deal with croma for 32" LG - basic model @ 22k - Free 1 year add warranty + Sony Headphones + Samsung storage boxes 1000 cashback (hdfc scheme)

Which dealer in Delhi? Perhaps i can try other Samsung model if i dont go for LG
Sargam Electronics

Webcheetah: Pl keep us updated on your viewing experience for member's benefit

I am pretty impressed with feature set of this tv, specifically speaking 3D and Smart features. Was able to connect with my mobile and laptop in a jiffy with samsung link software, no need to wire up for viewing movies. Moreover watched some 3D titles and it was like WOW. Also, procurred 1 more set of 3D glasses for entire family 3D experience.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back