4 way Floorstand Speakers.

yemyes4u

Hi mates i'm planning to make 4way FS for my Onkyo TX-NR727 Amp.
As every1 says start from speakers i'm starting from it i wanna know what components need to make 4way FS.

Hi mates i'm planning to make 4way FS for my Onkyo TX-NR727 Amp.
As every1 says start from speakers i'm starting from it i wanna know what components need to make 4way FS.

since you havent done it before, you will do well to start with a subwoofer or a 1way (full range driver)... if u have to go with a 4 way, go with a proven existing desgin, it wont be cheap for sure... designing a 4 way is a very complex exercise which i am pretty sure a newbie wont be able to get it right for a long time... if the plan is to just get some drivers, buy some crossover and slap them in a cabinet, the end product is most likely going to sound like crap.

since you havent done it before, you will do well to start with a subwoofer or a 1way (full range driver)... if u have to go with a 4 way, go with a proven existing desgin, it wont be cheap for sure... designing a 4 way is a very complex exercise which i am pretty sure a newbie wont be able to get it right for a long time... if the plan is to just get some drivers, buy some crossover and slap them in a cabinet, the end product is most likely going to sound like crap.

+1 to this

Its going to be an expensive and relatively difficult project. Designs are easy to come by but we must remember that designs are also done based on specific drivers and cross-overs.

Why don't you experiment a bit before diving into speaker building. I have read of enthusiasts in the western world starting with single-driver based open baffle arrangements, then graduating to corner baffle arrangements and finally to infinite and ported baffle arrangements. Going in for horn loaded designs must be done only if you know to find your way and you have a good carpenter.

I dont think vardus and sub will compliment well with your onkyo 717/727. Since you already have the AVR visit the AV showrooms with your AVR and try audition as many four way speakers possible.

There are quite a few DIY enthusiasts in bangalore who are selling their speakers commercially. You can reach out to them if you dont want to go branded way and want to save some monies.

what about dainty drivers for diy. 2 6inch woofers 1 6 inch midrange n one tweeter.It comes around 16k for two towers.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back