40" LCD Sony 40BX420, LG LK430, Samsung 40" 550 Series Which to buy?

jaivelu

Hi, friends, it's my first post in this forum. I am from Salem, Tamil Nadu. I'm a big fan of this forum. Through this I came to know many a technical things about various gadgets. Thank you all for your wonderful service. Now here is my problem.

I'm also looking for a 40 inch LCD. I have already looked the Sony BX 420, LG KL340, Samsung 550 Series. All three LCDs are FULL HD 1080p sets.

I want to purchase any one these sets. Which one is the best? I'm going to place the LCD in a very bright room, it got windows straight across the place from where I'm going to place the LCD also windows at the side of the LCD.

The Sony BX420 picture quality looked very very good with BE3 engine. I even say stunning clarity and detailed picture. But the other features for this LCD is very limited. The USB playback also limited. Most of the files in my USB didn't play in the Sony:sad::sad: If this problem solved I would blindly take sony home. It's fantastic. The Sales persons gave demo of all three LCDs and Sony beats the other two very easily.

The LG KL340 PQ is not a match to Sony. but it's ok for the price. The features are good. The USB playback supports most of the formats except it didn't play single files of more than 1 GB capacity. Also it has the IPS panel. What's the advantage of IPS Panel?

Finally the Samsung 40" 550 Series PQ is good. looks very nice. The features are very good. The USB playback supports all the formats including playing files of 1.5 GB capacity. I got the AVATAR MKV full HD rip in USB and it played very easily within seconds. None of the other LCDs played that file.
Also, it has tilting stand, so that it's easy to tilt the panel for your viewing angle. Also, they are offering a DVD Player with the Samsung as a festival offer.:eek:hyeah:

So, please advise which LCD is the best in the 40" size? Whether the three LCDs above mentioned are good? if good which one to purchase? I got into many shops and more or less they quote the same price. The prices are

1) Sony BX 420 - Rs. 48,000/-:indifferent14:
2) LG KL430 - Rs. 45,000/-:licklips:
3) Samsung 550 - Rs. 47,000/-:)

All the rates are negotiable. So, they will reduce the price upto 2k. I'm actually tilting towards the Samsung 550 Series LCD or I want to go for the Sony BX420 (just the pricing is little bit high then the Samsung). Is it good to ignore the LG LK430? Please give your valuable inputs. I want to purchase it before diwali.

Last edited:
The Sony 40" BX420 LCD looks great. Whether I go for the Samsung 40" D550 or settle for the Sony BX420? If it is sony then whether I get the BX or the CX series? which one is better?

Please help me.

The Sony 40" BX420 LCD looks great. Whether I go for the Samsung 40" D550 or settle for the Sony BX420? If it is sony then whether I get the BX or the CX series? which one is better?

Please help me.

The CX is the better series,the CX comes with 2 versions CX420 which is based on BE3 but plays mkv files,the CX520 has superior image processing and also has smart tv features like web browser,facebook/twitter widgets,youtube etc .

hi
i picked up the sony 40BX420 recently from the grey market in bangalore, and am happy with it and i bought it for 38k without bill, now it is available for 33k in the grey market and for playing the files i bought a media player so that issue is solved :)

Hi, I have decided to buy the Samsung D550. The Sony BX420 has been priced to high for me to buy it. The shop people have quoted Rs. 47,000/- for the sony. How about that?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back