40" TV URGENT help required.....pleaseee

amanmani

I have to gift an LCD/LED/Plasma to my parents and size of the room is 13ftx12ft.
Suggest me the size also. I want to be it wall-mount.

Smart TV is not required at all however if possible USB is preferable

Budget is 30-40k.

I have no idea about HDMI ports and it would be used only to watch cable mostly.... So it doesn't has to be full HD... All suggestions are welcome.

first of all no cable please....you have to buy a tatasky/airtel set top hd box to enjoy a 40 incher tv...if want to stick to cable dont invest on a 40 inch tv,rather buy somtheing in sound.cable will look as bad as anything even in a 5 lakher panel....

even in 32 inche cable looks not much than pathetic....so decide that whether you need a panel or not...

I wont suggest plasma as they need some speecial care and this is for your parents.so they may not want to take the maint hassle..however there are samsung plasma models 43 inch semi hd 37k....470 model/490 model at 42k.....

you can buy 40 incher full hd toshiba models lcds..easily.40k price.videocon may be 2k less.

for 32 incher sony any hd ready model around 26k...............no full hd for 32 inch please as its impossiible to differentiate bertwwn full hd and half hd...at 32 inch at 5 ft distance..

okay so no cabe and no Plasma....
but can you please elaborate little bit about maintainence of plasma...

And can you tell me about quality of LCD/LED of Toshiba/panasonic and other brands which will suit my pocket
What size would you suggest considering size of room is 13ftx12ft...

Thanks for fast reply Prosenjit :D

go for toshiba/panasonic within 40k bracket....

if can incrfeae the budget I highly recomend sony led/lcds 51k....56k bracket..as picture quality matters but for indian tv series it rarely makes a difference wchich panel you are using,but as an one time invetment why not invest more and get a solid system....

also consider the hd stb cost 2.5k....maybe you get it free.

see plasmas are the boss for picture quality a 1 lakh led struggles to compete witha 60k plasma....thats a open fact.yes the maintanenace.
plasmas can have an image retention case if a static image is displayed over prolonged time.you have to avoid the static image...like airtel logo.....if you can zoom it and live with it happily plasma is boss no doubt due to low cost(37k for 43 inch......still better picture than a 70k led)....

for a person only watching movies from a dvd player plasma is the answer....but as in your case your parents will mainly watch the tv and mainly all tv channles...so explainig them the plasma maintance is a hassle....if you are open to the idea...blindly go for a plasma set.

so example....a person using as a desktop is a strct no no for plasma..

led/lcd pro
no image retention risk.....

plasma pro
better blacks
better colour
zero motion lag
zero anguler veiw colour change

.you got it??

now take your time and decide....

Last edited:
proenjit can you please elaborate a little on maintenance of plasma .....or post me the link if it has been already discused earlier...
Thanks

thats the only maintanace to avoid static image............nothing else.
suppose you use it as a desktop and keep a photo for one day long...thats a strict nono...
and zooming the airtel/tatasky logo etc....

whtever you buy please demo....demo is very very important as the tv should look fantastic to you....its important than my or someone elese suggestioed model/make.......type/size.........

one more thing....how much of a difference would an HD Ready and full HD will make if I go for tatasky HD ??

for a 40 incher and from a distance of normal like 6 ft is ZERO DIFFERENCE....as tatasky hd channels dont send 1080p.....1080p comes in picture while you play original blu ray disks....still thats also unnoticable from 6 ft on a full hd and semi hd panel...

anyway the 40 incher lcd/leds are all aumatically full hd..no semi hd..

42 and 43 incher low priced plasmas are semi hd.....there is no difference.dont trust me...belive your eyes...test it in showroom side by side...

however there are full hd 42 inch panasonic plasmas also..but more cost than 40k........

I am suggesting you below options around 40k

1.samasung 470 plasma 43 incher....38k.....or samasung 490 3d plasma 43 incher 43k...
2.panasonic/toshiba....40 inch lcd/led........ around 40k..........
3.sony ex650 40 invh full hd led 57k............costly but best if decide to go led
4.panasonic 42 inch full hd and semi hd plasma 38k.....49k........

demo them,think about budget accordingly and decide...also consider the plasma maintanace case if decide to buy plasma....

enjoy

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back