42 inch HD ready panasonic plasma or 32 inch Sony Bravia full HD

IM CONFUSED BETWEEN PLASMA and LED , the options are
1. Panasonic 42x30 HD READY PLASMA
2. SONY BRAVIA 32" FULL HD LED

the distance of viewing is around 10 feet from the TV panel , and ill be watching 720p and 1080p movies , and HD channels while cricket or football world cup or a big tournament is going , otherwise normal Digital signal from Dish TV will run the setup.

Gaming- Rarely
Movies - Action and fast moving race ones
Sports - cricket and football ( MOST OF THE TIMES )

which one is a better buy .. im gettin panasonic x30 in about 36,000 INR and Sony around 39-40 ( not sure of the model .

as the plasma is not HD ready will that be a big big problem ? or the diff between HD and HD ready is not noticeable ? i personally like big 42 inch , but wont be going over 40 k .. help :mad::mad::sad:

IM CONFUSED BETWEEN PLASMA and LED , the options are
1. Panasonic 42x30 HD READY PLASMA
2. SONY BRAVIA 32" FULL HD LED

the distance of viewing is around 10 feet from the TV panel , and ill be watching 720p and 1080p movies , and HD channels while cricket or football world cup or a big tournament is going , otherwise normal Digital signal from Dish TV will run the setup.

--> there is not much difference between 720P or 1080P for the size <50inch

Gaming- Rarely
Movies - Action and fast moving race ones
Sports - cricket and football ( MOST OF THE TIMES )

--> if not gaming then plasma is best

which one is a better buy .. im gettin panasonic x30 in about 36,000 INR and Sony around 39-40 ( not sure of the model .

as the plasma is not HD ready will that be a big big problem ? or the diff between HD and HD ready is not noticeable ? i personally like big 42 inch , but wont be going over 40 k .. help :mad::mad::sad:

--> as far as I know not much difference.

For that distance i would go with the bigger option.

If you want the FHD lcd option then you can only get those 40" sizes in grey market like the samsung D5000 LED-lcd,sony CX520 lcd.

Both have the contrast edge compared to the pansonic X30 plasma.With ambient light hitting the screen its no contest,the X30 is at the bottom of the pack in preserving contrast during ambient light hitting the screen.

As far as the HD ready vs FHD at that distance it won't be much of a difference.

You won't notice any diff in 42x30 playing full hd movies or 1080i hd channels.
However if your room has too many light or windows opposite the TV then plasma tend to create problems due to reflection.
I am personally using same model and compared it to 42" Philips Led.
As for the price ... bargain more as it is available for Rs.32k in Delhi(don't tax diff in two cities).

Also have a look at toshiba 40" full hd lcd tv available for 31,000 at letsbuy.com.

You won't notice any diff in 42x30 playing full hd movies or 1080i hd channels.
However if your room has too many light or windows opposite the TV then plasma tend to create problems due to reflection.
I am personally using same model and compared it to 42" Philips Led.
As for the price ... bargain more as it is available for Rs.32k in Delhi(don't tax diff in two cities).

Also have a look at toshiba 40" full hd lcd tv available for 31,000 at letsbuy.com.

Rather than going for Brand like Toshiba, It is better to go for 42D5000 Sansung LED which is available at 40,000 (check ebay.in) with 1 Year Dealer Warranty. (There is extra Risk but for this price, you can take a extra risk)

Rather than going for Brand like Toshiba, It is better to go for 42D5000 Sansung LED which is available at 40,000 (check ebay.in) with 1 Year Dealer Warranty. (There is extra Risk but for this price, you can take a extra risk)

Depends person to person. I won't risk 40k to shaddy other state dealer warranty who may become a unregistered ebay seller in few months.
Can't run after him or service center if he doesn't care after sale.

Both Pana & Toshi give 3 yr warranty which imo is worth it.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back