42": Plasma? (Panasonic 42V20) or LCD (LG 42 LH90)?

sandipb

Been reading around for quite a while here on the forum. Will be going in to buy my 42" TV today. So far my options are:

LCD:
1. LG 42 LH90QR

Plasma:
1. Panasonic 42V20
2. LG 50PK550

Now, for all the gushing about plasmas in this forum :) , I keep getting worried about subsequent gnashing of teeth by buyers here about green phosphors, the IR and the extended burn-in process. I have seen some of these plasmas in shops (not these particular models though) and they have always impressed me about their blacks and deep colors.

But the threads about troubles in the Panasonic V20 and the recent thread about 50pk550 keep worrying me nevertheless. How big are these problems to you guys who own these?

How bad would the LG 42 LH90QR be as compared to these wrt to color? For people who have this particular television, is there anything (even minor irritating ones) that you would like to point out to me?

I really dont want to put my money into an over-priced 40" Sony NX500 or EX500, even though the former one at least has turned out the best in terms on LCD display colors in the shop.

Some last minute advice, guys? :)

No comparison Between V20 and LH90.V20 is in a different level altogether in terms of pic quality and no LCD can be compared with it.

Well it depends ,on your viewing conditions such as source of light direction,how bright is the room.how long will you keep the display.

The EX500 can be had far as low as 55k or less in sukhsagar mall in gandhinagar but without warranty,making it high on VFM and has really deep blacks thats stays over time unlike the infamous panasonic plasmas.
Samsung C650 is also another good choice if you want to buy only in showroom.
The LH90 doesn't have a great image processing.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back