49 inch options.... Feedback needed.

sanchits

Have shortlisted these as of now :-
Panasonic Shinobi Pro 49D450
LG 49LH547a.

My budget cannot exceed 50-52k period. I am getting the LG for 48k and both are non smart and come with 1+1 yr warranty n 2md yr is panel only.
Can anyone post feedback on either of these two.
Have hearz great reviews o panasonic same 630 model with hexa chroma drive engine but that one is not In budget.
This panny model is without the hexa engine though.
I've heard LG ips panels don't have deep blacks but this comes with with LG triple xd engine.
My current Philips 4k uhd tv had ips panel and this blacks are deep enough and even then panasonic has deep blacks as per reviews and tha too had am ips panel, then why do I keep hearing that lg IPs panels don't have deep blacks...?
Now guys, pls help me out n if anyone can give feedback on the LG model or LG LEDs in general.. Only n only about its PQ.

If anyone has any suggestion of another brand or model of LG can pitch in as well.

Last edited:
Panasonic Models with Hexa Chroma Drive Engine indeed produce Vibrant colors, If you can some how manage then you should definitely get that. However, if you cant then LG it is they really do more natural balanced color rather than saturated colors. Dont worry about the black levels IPS are quite good than before in terms of deep blacks.
Remember to turn full RGB Range on your PS4 Pro when you connect it to your new Tv

Have you checked this out? 49DS630D in shinobi pro with hexachrome @ 55K
https://www.flipkart.com/panasonic-...LSTTVSEG8GWYYFGWCXFPX2YBI&qH=c043a24a338ab4d3

Yes, I did check it out, infact just few days back during Flipkart tv days it was available for around 52k.
Well, at Vijay sales it was for 63k so didn't shortlist this and since my current Philips TV (defective, u csn chek Philips thread for my story) which was bought from Vijay sales was to be exchanged by Vijay sales itself and it was bought for 52k ii didn't count the online options.
Now, I have requested for refund directly from Philips, so now once I have the money, I have online options as well and will decide at the time.
The difference is, online Panasonic warranty says 1 yr and retail stores it's 1+1 (2nd yr panel warranty).

Now, issue with panasonic as work feedback is the time awful customer service and after sales. Also one of the online reviews of the same tv though praising about it's PQ, again had a complain of light bleeding on top area.
Which has again scared me since its the same issue which is bothering me for the last 2 months.... 4 tvs exchanged due to similar issue of clouding n light bleeing.
Now coming to LG, the TV build quality feels far superior and this particular model supposedly is made in India and made for India and has all round protection from dust, humidity, surges etc, so I presume less susceptible to damage I am hoping.
Also post 2 yrs I am expecting better after sales from LG then panasonic.
Have also heard quite a few horror stories of panasonic tvs in terms reliability as well.
Though I haven't thoroughly demoed either the Panasonic or lg yet in terms of PQ.
It LG give me better reliability and peace of mind for slightly inferior PQ... I'd still go with lg.
But If I don't get any favourable reviews for LG then I suppose I could go for Panasonic if under my budget then on Flipkart.

Lg and inferior picture quality??or reliability issues???
No chance
Would be complete peace of mind for half a decade with LG

But If I don't get any favourable reviews for LG then I suppose I could go for Panasonic if under my budget then on Flipkart.

My suggestion - even recommendation would be for you to evaluate the PQ in a physical store in addition to the reviews. I personally found the pannys to be brighter at mid point settings. As far as reliability is concerned I have not come acrosss any complaint about LG - at least in HFV.

Another point - My 43" shinobi pro - 43DS630D is also made in India! But frankly I dont know if it is built to withstand our conditions! I personally found the brightness too harsh but an ambient sensor kind of takes care, scaling it down but slightly messing with color reproduction. I would any day have preferred Sony high end model for colors, but they were about 25K more!

Coming to the service /reliability issue - my first panny lasted about 6 years, the panel is still good but the A board went kaput.
Service was a bit sluggish - first technician was awful, but on complaining the second technician came quickly. Mostly their response is 24h. While installing the new tv - they came in 24 hours and person was knowledgeable and did a good job.

My suggestion - even recommendation would be for you to evaluate the PQ in a physical store in addition to the reviews. I personally found the pannys to be brighter at mid point settings. As far as reliability is concerned I have not come acrosss any complaint about LG - at least in HFV.

Another point - My 43" shinobi pro - 43DS630D is also made in India! But frankly I dont know if it is built to withstand our conditions! I personally found the brightness too harsh but an ambient sensor kind of takes care, scaling it down but slightly messing with color reproduction. I would any day have preferred Sony high end model for colors, but they were about 25K more!

Yes, will again evaluate the PQ in stores before buying and I even plan to buy from physical store itself.
Since u have the same tv in 43 inch.. U tell me how well it's been doing and warranty details and Amy issues uve faced like the one uve mentioned about brightness.
BRIGHTNESS I beleive can easily be adjusted with either toning down the brightness or Backlight?

Did u notice Any issues like Backlight bleeding or clouding during dark scenes in a dark room?

Hv u taken any extended warranty?

Yes, will again evaluate the PQ in stores before buying and I even plan to buy from physical store itself.
Since u have the same tv in 43 inch.. U tell me how well it's been doing and warranty details and Amy issues uve faced like the one uve mentioned about brightness.
BRIGHTNESS I beleive can easily be adjusted with either toning down the brightness or Backlight?

Did u notice Any issues like Backlight bleeding or clouding during dark scenes in a dark room?

Hv u taken any extended warranty?

This came with a 1 year warranty. Seems it can be extended (additional payment of course!) for a period of another two years just before the 1st year is over.

I'm not totally comfortable with the color reproduction accuracy in SD sources - red seems pinkish, but guess it can be rectified with hue adjustment. Did not try it yet. The issue is not too bad just a tad not to my liking. Need much time to do this so.... procrastinating :yahoo:

Did not see significant backlight bleeding or clouding - after some setting adjustments. It was visible at default settings.

This "smart" tv is smart-challenged! The OS is proprietary panny and not Android - Very limited set of apps. Does not support hevc encoded movies on USB playback. Sound output of TV is decent though.

Most of the current crop of LED tvs would last 3 years. 2 more years if you are very lucky. So have to make compromises.

Sony's W950d was my model of choice after checking out physical stores, but it came with a subwoofer that I didnt want and the price difference of close to 30k... :mad: Shinobi was the second best according to me... When flipkart sold this for 37k... the decision was a no brainer!

Have you considered imported Samsung tvs from ebay,they come very cheap and made in korea imported tvs would be of better quality than made in India ones.

Have you considered imported Samsung tvs from ebay,they come very cheap and made in korea imported tvs would be of better quality than made in India ones.

Well those are all grey market imports and 5-10 yr back it mightve made sense when tvs used to last long.
But now one needs as much warranty as possible and these tvs you are talking about on ebay are all grey/parallel imporrs which don't come with any warranty, hence it's a complete gamble buying these.

FYI, I am from Delhi, we don't need ebay to purchase these, we have gaffar market and pallika bazaar which is the largest market for such products.

This came with a 1 year warranty. Seems it can be extended (additional payment of course!) for a period of another two years just before the 1st year is over.

I'm not totally comfortable with the color reproduction accuracy in SD sources - red seems pinkish, but guess it can be rectified with hue adjustment. Did not try it yet. The issue is not too bad just a tad not to my liking. Need much time to do this so.... procrastinating :yahoo:

Did not see significant backlight bleeding or clouding - after some setting adjustments. It was visible at default settings.

This "smart" tv is smart-challenged! The OS is proprietary panny and not Android - Very limited set of apps. Does not support hevc encoded movies on USB playback. Sound output of TV is decent though.

Most of the current crop of LED tvs would last 3 years. 2 more years if you are very lucky. So have to make compromises.

Sony's W950d was my model of choice after checking out physical stores, but it came with a subwoofer that I didnt want and the price difference of close to 30k... :mad: Shinobi was the second best according to me... When flipkart sold this for 37k... the decision was a no brainer!

Thanks for your feedback, well sd sources I don't think most of the less today will produce accurate colors. I am not really worried about sd since most of my viewing is HD channels and ps4 gaming, Amazon prime, Netflix etc.

But what I am worried abut it Backlight bleeding which is really bothersome in a dark room n u find it so annoying which I do not want.
No way to find this out in in a store... Due to obvious reasons. One needs totally dark environment to spot this.
Sony I agree is the best bet... But our of budget. The cheapest 49/48 inch is around 62-63k with the x reality pro engine and at par pricing with panasonic shinobi pro.
I honestly do no want smart functions n do not care about it at all. I also see that none of these budget tv offerings including shinobi have decent smart performance.. Mostly all ar about sub par.
Now the lg one is just a basic, simple display panel and no hd no wifi no frills... Which is what I love. More such things, more chances of stuff going wrong.
I also believe one of the reasons for earlier lcds lasting longer was they where purely tvs and not computers which is what these new tvs have become.

Its just that I am unable to find any review of the model I've shortlisted LG 49LH547A. Will surely chek out its PQ throughouly and then finalize it.
I am getting a good deal at arnd 48k for the lg and i might be able to get it even lower once I start negotiating. I wish it came in 55 inch though.

I would suggest(you need not buy)you to just have a look at the 55 inch intex 4k tv I bought for 60k,it would come lesser if you bargain(I don't).
It's so beautiful and am addicted to it,I watch even 3 movies at a stretch and even commercials just to look at it's spell binding screen.
3 years warranty.

Please do not buy hd tvs when 4k tvs are available.

OK, let me tell u, I already have a Philips 49put7791 4k tv purchased just a month back. I think u mightve missed by feedback n reviews on it and what I've been facing and why I have got it replaced once n now getting refund from Philips. You can go through amarendras 55 inch Philips uhd/4k thread of what exactly I had been facing.
Now this tv is a replacement for that and yes some will say why going down from 4k to FHD.
To be honest as of today, 4k doesn't make sense unless it's a bargain like u got one or I got a 4k for the price of FHD or even less.
In the last 1 Month of usage, I have not used it for 4k content even once since I don't have any and no plans to download 30-40gb movie files and most of the content I watch n play ps4 games is all FHD.
So honestly, paying a premium for 4k for me at least is of no use but u got a great deal with intex and are happy....good for u. I'll certainly have a look at it but the be honest the problems I've been facing in the lasst 2 months by buying not so premium brands has been aweful and now want to put my money on a little more sorted brand like a panasonic Or lg.
I am not even talking about Samsung or Sony, since those are completely out of budget and not really worth it IMO.
So I might just settle with lg 49lh547a no frills FHD tv. I am hoping this doesn't turn out to be a disappointment.

Try HD English movie channels in a 4k tv like star select,mn plus, and then decide if you want to buy a hd tv.

Try HD English movie channels in a 4k tv like star select,mn plus, and then decide if you want to buy a hd tv.

I do already watch hd movie channels on my Philips 4k tv... They are not really any different from a FHD since the source is not 4k, so I don't think it matters.
I've had a FHD before this n now 4k and there is no difference in terms of PQ with FHD content.
Obviously 4k source or content would look great but there hardy content and I also don't have single source which plays 4k.
I am glad that uve liked your intex so much, but till the time I can't experience it in person and also uncertain about its after sales n quality... I am not really sure if I would go for one.
Each of us has different expectations from the TV or brand, but at the end of the day u should like it n it seems u find it great.
For the same reason I am not looking at VU, Sanyo, infocus, Kodak, noble skoido n similar bargain brands as product quality, reliability n most importantly after sales which is unknown and I happened to experience tcls after sales which was just bad... Twice they didn't turn up for even an instalallation for even 10 days and then called me after 2 weeks asking If the install has been done or not and by that time tv had been returned.. By me.

Very surprising that hd channels didn't look different in a 4k tv,it's of a totally different league and age.
How did philips not have a good upscaling software is a surprise but believe me hd channels look like 4k in a 4k tv
You should audition a 4k lg tv before paying for a hd tv.

I find even the so called "HD channels" to be not so HD. Spent hours with the airtel technician to bring up signal level and quality to somewhat acceptable levels. Luckily after 3 attempts the 4th technician (airtel calls them engineers) was a bit quality conscious and brought a digital meter to tune, identified weak spots & made sure that wiring and contacts were good and brought up the signal quality to green. So upscaling such content produces pathetic output.

In a couple of showrooms where they were demonstrating 4K TVs with their OEM content looked great. Standard blurays looked good but not awesome. HD channels were just as good as any HD TV.

Some popular movies are available as 2k / 4k rips, but not sure of the source. The nagging feeling that this could be upscaled content makes me watch with a critical eye rather than have fun watching. So I decided no 4k for me until content becomes very common.

Back