1. Budget: Around 1 Lac
2. Display type and size : 50" LED
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily : HD Movie/Netflix serials
4. Types and number of ports required : HDMI with ARC AND optical out
5. Preferred choice of brand : Sony, Panasonic,LG
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration : No
7. Room size: 15* 10 feet with viewing distance of 8 to 9 feet

I have KEF Q300 with Denon 1713 as my sterio system to complement TV
My current TV is Panasonic plasma 2012 model, 42 inch.

Model I looked are:
1. Sony 49x900E @ 1.2LAKH
2. LG49Sj800T @ Rs 88k
kindly suggest any other good model.
How is LG SK8500 series?
Regards

Lg sk8500 tvs are reaaly great. There display quality is almost as good as oled. they also support dolby vision which no other tv brands support under 1.20 lakh range. Also has dolby atmos support, although u should go for atmos home theare to truly enjoy atmos. Hdr is better compared to samsung and other brands.

Sony x9000e is 2017 model but its also the best in 1 lakh range, but doesnt come with dolby vision and wont have it in future firmware updates either.

U should see demo of these 2 in showroom and decide yourself. Take your hd movies with u too on usb so u can get better understanding of tvs cuz the videos they play on demos are really high quality ones.

Lg sk8500 tvs are reaaly great. There display quality is almost as good as oled. they also support dolby vision which no other tv brands support under 1.20 lakh range. Also has dolby atmos support, although u should go for atmos home theare to truly enjoy atmos. Hdr is better compared to samsung and other brands.

Sony x9000e is 2017 model but its also the best in 1 lakh range, but doesnt come with dolby vision and wont have it in future firmware updates either.

U should see demo of these 2 in showroom and decide yourself. Take your hd movies with u too on usb so u can get better understanding of tvs cuz the videos they play on demos are really high quality ones.
Yes , exactly. I am also confused between. LG SK 8500 AND Sony x90E. In small city like us its bit difficult to get demo of SK8500.
X90E: Better blacks and one of the best displays. What should be its ideal price considering its 2017 model? Dealer here quoting around 1.2L and not ready to come down
LG SK 85: 2018 model with claimed display as like OLED with new AI features and Dolby vision.
Which one to go for?
Does any body own SK8500 here?
Regards

Sony X90E is out of stock in most/all of the stores. Please make sure, the dealer is not going to sell you a demo piece. my plan was for this one, but because of out of stock, I postponed it and waiting for price drop of X90F.

Hi.
Quoted price for sets :
Sony 55inch 90f is 1.8 lakh
Panasonic 55 inch FX 800D is 1.65 lakh
LG 55inch Sk8500 is 1.35lakh

All available on zero percent EMI.
Are these reasonable prices?
When do we expect further price drop?
Regards

Sony Tvs are expensive .. but they do have good color vibrant & they do good image processing so you get better results for viewing TV channels..
Check for samsung as well... You will get better quality than LG with little more price...

I have got 50" Samsung Tv 5 months back... Its very good . They do give software updates frequently..you get more options for downloading apps ..etc.

Feature wise LG Tv have more options... they have magic remote, 180' wide angle. But somehow i felt clarity was much better in samsung ,sony.
Ask them to display some text image both on Samsung ,sony,LG Tv..then you can see the difference.

I have 49SK8500PTA, The only thing that truimps it are oleds and 9 series from sony. Nothing comes closer to it in terms or sound and picture quality. If you can, wait for Deepavali for better offers.

Both are equally good. Picture quality of Sony is a fraction better than LG. I bought LG SK8500 because the 49 inch model is cheaper and there is no 49 inch version from sony. I liked the LG OS but lacks the app content and versality of android but scores on fluidity and responsiveness. Magic remote serves me well removing the cluster of remotes. You won't regret neither of one.

Recently few months back I have purchased Sony 55x9000e and it's a great 4K LED TV. I have selected three models. Sony 55x9000e, Samsung 55UN7000 and LG 55UJ751T . It took me about two to three months to finalize and purchase. I have audition number of TV from major brands and upcoming brands, within budget, low budget and over budget from 75K to 150K. Above mentioned TV were in the price bracket of 100k to 120k. All three models are excellent to own and have some edge over each other in terms of pricing, warranty, picture quality, features etc. I selected Sony because....
1. Already own Sony from last six years and have very good experience.
2. Exceptional picture quality , vivid colours, black level etc .
3. Android TV with major built-in apps.
4. Additional two years warranty , total three years in same price range.
LG was second on list with two years warranty and having good picture quality with Dolby Vision on board. Build quality and looks also good. Magic remote and easy navigation control to menu.
Samsung was the last in the list... having great look but poor build quality. Good picture quality but colours looks little exaggerated and less features than comparable models. Somsung QLED are very good but experience to own. Hope this may help you. These are my personal observations and can be considered as just guide lines.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back