49inch 4k Television under 1 lak... Any other brand to check other than Sony and LG?

gokuljawahar

Hi,

Been thinking to upgrade my 32 inch Sony to a bigger screen. I have a budget of 1 lak. Looking for 4k panels. I have been going through the forum and most of them are around LG and Sony. Any other brand which I worth to check out? Picture quality is the only parameter for me since audio will be handled by my AVR and interface will be handled by Nvidia shield.

Thanks in advance
Gokul

You can try Samsung, their MU7000 is a good pick. Should be available around your budget. I had initially shortlisted the 55" one for my tv pick but ended up buying the Sony.

When I visited LG showroom, I played some DVD rip movies in their 4k line-up. But it was not so good. When I asked about upscaling, the guy told that upscaling is only for the content which is streamed from internet, not for contents from pendrive or hard-disk. He also said thats how it works in al the TV's. Is it true?

When I visited LG showroom, I played some DVD rip movies in their 4k line-up. But it was not so good. When I asked about upscaling, the guy told that upscaling is only for the content which is streamed from internet, not for contents from pendrive or hard-disk. He also said thats how it works in al the TV's. Is it true?
Thats not correct. Upscaling should be universal irrespective of the source of the content.

All types of upscaling insert/interpolate/add more data in between the picture. Usually upscaled pictures bring in artifacts and other unwanted noise into the picture, but of course there are always exceptions to every rule.

The quality of content is always important, that is why in shop demos they show the best clips/4K etc there.
The moment some sort of scaling comes in, the quality drops invariably. This is true for all products involved in upscaling with certain exceptions of course.

The quality of content is always important, that is why in shop demos they show the best clips/4K etc there.
The moment some sort of scaling comes in, the quality drops invariably. This is true for all products involved in upscaling with certain exceptions of course.

That's why I took my hard disk to LG showroom and tried all kind of contents. Now have to visit a Sony showroom. Their X9000e series is said to be the best in LCD when it comes to 4k

well... 700mb movie file looked so bad in LG 4k television :(

700 mb movie even will look bad on 32 inch full hd Tv ( it will have 350 p resoultion at max), Try some HD movie (1080p) or Sample HD content from youtube .

Ultra hd Tv upscales (1080 p) content to its max resolution , so it will look slightly better than Full HD Tv, Now Lg ,Samsung is offering good prices on Ultra HD Tv , 10 or 15 k more on Full HD Tv , so its better to go with Ultra HD Tv.

Croma , Reliance Digital showrroms are promoting more LG brand , but i personally liked the picture quality of Sony & Samsung though LG Tv have more Features ( magic point remote , more picture adjusting modes, Dolby vision , 180 viewing angle ..etc) .

Sony & Samsung looks same with Ultra hd content , Sony have more color vibrant and it upsclaes (HD or SD content) bettter but its little more pricier.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back