• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted 4k and atmos capable HTPC

Mogami Cables

metalmickey

being a tech noob i would prefer to buy a prebuilt htpc with 4k and atmos playing capabilities with good graphic hardware for moderate gaming... budget 10-20k... please pm with offers... not looking for junk android boxes...

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

MaSh

being a tech noob i would prefer to buy a prebuilt htpc with 4k and atmos playing capabilities with good graphic hardware for moderate gaming... budget 10-20k... please pm with offers... not looking for junk android boxes...

Do they come in that budget? You'd spend half or more of that budget in just the graphics card and then a PC with basic hardware to support that card.

I would suggest an android box that can bitstream content to your receiver.

MaSh

metalmickey

lol i am. totally aware of the pricing sir hence the used / pre owned route... i di have a apple tv 4k for streaming but since i download loads of torrents and blue ray movies i wanted a htpc to play/ download them
Do they come in that budget? You'd spend half or more of that budget in just the graphics card and then a PC with basic hardware to support that card.

MaSh

MaSh

lol i am. totally aware of the pricing sir hence the used / pre owned route... i di have a apple tv 4k for streaming but since i download loads of torrents and blue ray movies i wanted a htpc to play/ download them
Hmm alright. I have a Dell optiplex with a Corsair SMPS, Nvidia gt730 graphics card. I think this card can play anything upto h264. You can check the specs online and let me know if you would be interested.

MaSh

Love4sound

Even all the movies and the tv show I watch are from torrents only and shield plays them all with ease. Nd I noticed in HTPC the video is not smooth. So IMO go for sheild

metalmickey

Even all the movies and the tv show I watch are from torrents only and shield plays them all with ease. Nd I noticed in HTPC the video is not smooth. So IMO go for sheild
is it possible to download directly on the shield? damn someone was selling and i just let it pass... but i was lookin more at bare bones pc yar sells on Amazon etc

metalmickey

Hmm alright. I have a Dell optiplex with a Corsair SMPS, Nvidia gt730 graphics card. I think this card can play anything upto h264. You can check the specs online and let me know if you would be interested.

MaSh
is it completely built like a htpc i mean like the case etc... can you WhatsApp me or something the details, snaps etc? 9884143330

sud98

My htpc is in the signature. Plays everything except hevc or h.265. Didn't see it stutter for files upto 50 gb in size.

MaSh

is it completely built like a htpc i mean like the case etc... can you WhatsApp me or something the details, snaps etc? 9884143330

No, its a Dell Optiplex Dell Optiplex 780. Mine is the left most one. I have set it up to work like an HTPC with an upgraded SMPS and Graphics card.

MaSh

hifitoaster

MaSh
The cheap Android boxes are a pain in the a** to use. I bought one with 3gb ram a year back. Went back to my old laptop as the damn things ui, is unbelievably old age. Except Amazon Fire TV, shield and mi box every other box is a typical cheap and local user experience despite the config. Despite configuring with better launcher, the thing had hell lot of bugs which was frustrating, made me sell it off. Someone else is suffering with it, but at the half price what I paid for it.

MaSh

The cheap Android boxes are a pain in the a** to use. I bought one with 3gb ram a year back. Went back to my old laptop as the damn things ui, is unbelievably old age. Except Amazon Fire TV, shield and mi box every other box is a typical cheap and local user experience despite the config. Despite configuring with better launcher, the thing had hell lot of bugs which was frustrating, made me sell it off. Someone else is suffering with it, but at the half price what I paid for it.
Ah okay. I guess the cheap Chinese ones should be avoided. The better ones I guess are still okay. However yes, nothing beats a computer with a decent processor and a graphics card. I use both a pc and Amazon stick. No complaints.

MaSh