4K TVs

ranjeetrain

Are these things available in Indian markets already?

What brands/sizes are available?

Where can one buy these and any pointers on the price range?

Also, anyone bought a 4K TV already? What's experience on the content side? Is the overall experience better than FHD or no clear gains on that part?

All opinions welcome :)

Yes. They are mostly available in big retails with some discounts.
Ezone, pune had displayed both sony 4k 65inches and LG 84 inches just besides.
Of course Sony 65 did look smaller. :licklips:

If you sit closely (5 ~6feets), you can see a difference in details with some very finer textures. But you go back and you will not find much of a difference.
Of course you should have 4k content which is not easily available. (except some youtube videos)
For me its not a step ahead which I had felt from SD to HD.
rather it was more of a fun watching so much BIG screen.
LG 84 4k was available at bigger discount:p

Attachments

• s4k.jpg
    s4k.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 164
  • s4k1.jpg
    s4k1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_0390.jpg
    DSC_0390.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Yes. They are mostly available in big retails with some discounts.
Ezone, pune had displayed both sony 4k 65inches and LG 84 inches just besides.
Of course Sony 65 did look smaller. :licklips:

If you sit closely (5 ~6feets), you can see a difference in details with some very finer textures. But you go back and you will not find much of a difference.
Of course you should have 4k content which is not easily available. (except some youtube videos)
For me its not a step ahead which I had felt from SD to HD.
rather it was more of a fun watching so much BIG screen.
LG 84 4k was available at bigger discount:p

Nice to know it's already available in retail stores.

Would you or anyone else mention the prices? It would be nice to have some figures for comparison's sake.

Let us wait for those with fat wallets to pay for the research and development costs by buying them now so that they would become more affordable in the coming years. Even then I doubt if it makes much sense since the human eye's ability to see resolution from a distance is limited and it dosen't evolve with technology.

i like it very much,pune had displayed both sony 4k 65inches and LG 84 inches just besides.
mZjt

I have my doubts too. Specially considering that 4K content isn't really available as of now.

I was thinking purely from the perspective of future. I am the type who like to use a TV for at least a decade before disposing.

Samsung 4K TV is also available for just 24 lacs ;)
Saw one on display and it looks Awsome :)
Though no point picking up one now.
The only 4k contenet available would be Sony's remastered 4k blurays.
So would suggest, you stick to Full HD for now.

People had the same thought about 1080p some years back, but now look that it's getting outdated, I can see pixelation on my 42 inch screen!

People had the same thought about 1080p some years back, but now look that it's getting outdated, I can see pixelation on my 42 inch screen!

Santy I should have put that conditional, it's when m near it right after I turn it on, before I get back to the place I used to sit, until I cross 1/4th of the distance between my tv and my seat!! But 4k is not affordable for me in a near future, so I m also saying 'why do someone want. 4k' ?!

Actually, the benefits of 1080p are still not realized, especially when Cable/DTH is concerned. At a distance of 8 feet or more, an average person cannot make out the difference on HD-Ready (720p) or Full-HD (1080p) when looking at a 46"+ TV. Only when blu-ray is played back, there is some minor difference seen/felt but that too at close distances.

Taking price out of the equation, 4K TVs are not much useful. Bring in the price factor, then it is madness to spend so much on a technology that is not much beneficial. Please read: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57566079-221/why-ultra-hd-4k-tvs-are-still-stupid/

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back