4K UHD - Where to buy

saurabhpach

Hey guys,

Recently jumped on to the 4KUHD and Blu-ray bandwagon. Just wanted to know where y’all are buying 4KUHD and Blu-ray Discs in india.
Amazon seems one option, but the prices are inflated. If anyone knows a physical or online dealer who can get the movies on demand or has a good collection, please share.
All help will be well appreciated.

Cheers
Saurabh

Indian releases are slightly better priced in Amazon , the imports are at impossible prices. Look for deals on Indian editions , they come quite often.

Hey guys,

Recently jumped on to the 4KUHD and Blu-ray bandwagon. Just wanted to know where y’all are buying 4KUHD and Blu-ray Discs in india.
Amazon seems one option, but the prices are inflated. If anyone knows a physical or online dealer who can get the movies on demand or has a good collection, please share.
All help will be well appreciated.

Cheers
Saurabhh

Hey guys,

All help will be well appreciated.to

Cheers
Saurabh
Hi sir # if it's possible to share your needed bluray disc titles ?? I will try to get your needed titles ( only normal original bluray disc )

I used to buy from Amazon UK with normal postage charges (few pounds) for few discs but at amazing deal prices. It used to take a few weeks to reach Bangalore, but was worth the wait.
Now, Amazon UK auto selects global shipping with import custom duties and that price is higher than what it is in India.

I used to buy from Amazon UK with normal postage charges (few pounds) for few discs but at amazing deal prices. It used to take a few weeks to reach Bangalore, but was worth the wait.
Now, Amazon UK auto selects global shipping with import custom duties and that price is higher than what it is in India.
I do the same thing...
buying 4K BluRay in India is difficult task, price is first issue and finding what you want is another

Hi Saurabh,
Bluray will be region coded.

Region A: North, Central, South America, Japan, Korea, and Southeast Asia.
Region B: Europe (EU), Africa, Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand.
Region C: Russia, India, China, and the rest of the world.
Select titles are released as Region ABC, meaning they are playable in all regions.

Nearly all Hollywood titles will be region A.

Either purchase region A player or multi-region player.

Above is based on what i had faced on purchasing a player from Amazon india and my local bluray library guy said none of his collection will work on it. So i returned the player.

4K all are region free, but bluray are region locked especially if you are importing from US or UK. If you have some list of titles you want, please PM me. Maybe i can arrange some for you.

Most of the players (Mine are Xbox/PS5) plays every disc I bought from USA recently, However, most of them are 4k. But I haven't had issues with any bluray disc too, I believe, you can buy players which can play all region discs.

Most of the players (Mine are Xbox/PS5) plays every disc I bought from USA recently, However, most of them are 4k. But I haven't had issues with any bluray disc too, I believe, you can buy players which can play all region discs.
4k discs work regardless of region, unfortunately Blurays don't.

I see that movie studios/Excel Innovators are no longer releasing latest original Blu-rays in India: Top Gun 2, Avatar 2, John Wick 4, Dr Strange 2, have not been released in India. There are imported ones on Amazon.in, but their prices are a joke. Has anything changed?

I still source it from the US through my friends. I couldnt find any place online or offline where I could purchase 4k UHD discs at a nominal price as compared to the US.

I buy it from Amazon UK. Expensive, but you gotta pay for what you want.
I still source it from the US through my friends. I couldnt find any place online or offline where I could purchase 4k UHD discs at a nominal price as compared to the US.

Thanks for the replies. WRT amazon UK how much import duties incurred. In amazon.in prices range from 2k to 6k for a single movie which I think is ridiculous.

For those seeking to purchase a 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) display, reputable electronics retailers such as Best Buy, Amazon, and Walmart offer a wide selection of options. Additionally, manufacturers' websites like Samsung, LG, and Sony provide direct access to their latest models, ensuring quality and customer satisfaction. Happy shopping.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back