5.1.2 setup and price quotations

abhisheksingh

Finally I have decided to complement my 75 inch QLED 4K panel with HT. Demoed all high end the sound bars and rejected. Not what I am looking for.

My Requirements:
1. Bedroom 13x12 with viewing distance 11 feet.
2. Will start with 2.1 but slowly expand to 5.1 and then add atmos for 5.1.2 next year. Therefore AVR has to be 7 channel min, with 4k and eARC (to exploit my smart TV).
3. 90% usage is movies and shows from OTT, Hard Disk connected to TV or laptop for rips. Rest 10% would be for music. No gaming need.

I did several demos of floor standing as well as bookshelf to understand what I am looking for. Felt bookshelf will do the job for me as space is on short supply in bed room.

Speakers: Auditioned these so far
Bookshelf Speakers: Q Acoustics 3030i and 3010i , Elac 6.2, KEF Q350, Polk S20, Monitor Audio Bronze 2
Tower Speakers: Emotiva T1
Central Speaker: Q Acoustics 3090i
Subwoofer: Q Acoustics QB12, Polk HTS-10 and HTS-12, JBL A100P and Focal Club Evo Active 8''

Have finalized for Q Acoustics for the entire 5.1 set up with AVR Denon X1700. Got this quotation from AV Shack, CR Park.

Denon X1700: 85k
Q Acoustics 3030i (F R & F L): 32k
Woofer Q Acoustics QB12: 69k
Q Acoustics 3010i Surround: 22k
Central Speaker Q Acoustics 3090i: 17k

Please review the choice and price quoted. What should be my next steps?

Finally I have decided to complement my 75 inch QLED 4K panel with HT. Demoed all high end the sound bars and rejected. Not what I am looking for.

My Requirements:
2. Will start with 2.1 but slowly expand to 5.1 and then add atmos for 5.1.2 next year. Therefore AVR has to be 7 channel min, with 4k and eARC (to exploit my smart TV).
3. 90% usage is movies and shows from OTT, Hard Disk connected to TV or laptop for rips. Rest 10% would be for music. No gaming need.

I did several demos of floor standing as well as bookshelf to understand what I am looking for. Felt bookshelf will do the job for me as space is on short supply in bed room.

Bookshelf Speakers: Q Acoustics 3030i and 3010i , Elac 6.2, KEF Q350, Polk S20, Monitor Audio Bronze 2
Subwoofer: Q Acoustics QB12, Polk HTS-10 and HTS-12, JBL A100P and Focal Club Evo Active 8''

Have finalized for Q Acoustics for the entire 5.1 set up with AVR Denon X1700. Got this quotation from AV Shack, CR Park.

I think 85k is a little high for X1700. You can get a X2700 for slightly less than that. I last checked prices about 2 weeks ago and was offered 35% off MRP on Denon X and S series AVR’s.

My Requirements:

Speakers I think the q acoustics are best in the price bracket. 69k Mrp for q acoustics sub or the final price? If final price I assume you have a budget of 70k for subwoofer. Check if the svs pb1000 pro or even the sb1000 pro or the rythmik L12 will be available with discounts for 70k or somewhere near 70k+. If interested with pre-owned I have my rythmik LV12F on sales which is one of the best subwoofer in your budget. The QB 12 should have good performance till 35hz but will not dig deep as the pb1000 pro or the Rythmik LV12F

Last edited:
You can get easily 2700H at that price, If increased some more 3700H is best choice. Don't go with basic AVR's, no enough power.

But you said not enough power, is that true?
Yes. Most of the people are using 9.2 or above AVR's in their similar size HT rooms. If he don't need higher volumes then he can go with basic avr's. My room size is also similar and using 9.2 AVR now and planning to upgrade 11.2 once my projector is arrived.

Yes. Most of the people are using 9.2 or above AVR's in their similar size HT rooms. If he don't need higher volumes then he can go with basic avr's. My room size is also similar and using 9.2 AVR now and planning to upgrade 11.2 once my projector is arrived.
So it's about the additional two channels and nothing to do with "enough power", correct me if i am wrong.

I think 85k is a little high for X1700. You can get a X2700 for slightly less than that. I last checked prices about 2 weeks ago and was offered 35% off MRP on Denon X and S series AVR’s.
Could you share where you got those lower prices? It will definitely help me in bargaining for the best price.

Speakers I think the q acoustics are best in the price bracket. 69k Mrp for q acoustics sub or the final price? If final price I assume you have a budget of 70k for subwoofer. Check if the svs pb1000 pro or even the sb1000 pro or the rythmik L12 will be available with discounts for 70k or somewhere near 70k+. If interested with pre-owned I have my rythmik LV12F on sales which is one of the best subwoofer in your budget. The QB 12 should have good performance till 35hz but will not dig deep as the pb1000 pro or the Rythmik LV12F
MRP of QB12 is 95k and 69k was final price quoted.

I have heard good things about the SVS and rythmik subs however I do not want to stretch my budget that far. If I can get it around 70k, nothing like it. Where should I try demo for these in Delhi?

Actually initially I was looking for something under 50k but the ones I tried in that budget were underwhelming and QB12 seemed like the best choice in that range.

You can get easily 2700H at that price, If increased some more 3700H is best choice. Don't go with basic AVR's, no enough power.
Room is small and I don't play at very high volume therefore 1700H seems to be sufficient. 3700H was way beyond my budget and I don't think I need 9 channels for my small bedroom.

MRP of QB12 is 95k and 69k was final price quoted.

I have heard good things about the SVS and rythmik subs however I do not want to stretch my budget that far. If I can get it around 70k, nothing like it. Where should I try demo for these in Delhi?

Actually initially I was looking for something under 50k but the ones I tried in that budget were underwhelming and QB12 seemed like the best choice in that range.
70K is a good budget. If open to used please ping me. I am selling my rythmik LV12f which is in brand new condition and within your budget. If not interested with used go with rythmik L12 which should be available for 70k with discounts. Rythmik subs are little hard to get demo but based on their reputation people buy them solely based on user reviews and feedback. In mumbai and banglore you can get demo not sure about delhi. I can assure you the L12 and LV12F will give you way better dynamics for movies then the QB12

Last edited:
70K is a good budget. If open to used please ping me. I am selling my rythmik LV12f which is in brand new condition and within your budget. If not interested with used go with rythmik L12 which should be available for 70k with discounts. Rythmik subs are little hard to get demo but based on their reputation people buy them solely based on user reviews and feedback. In mumbai and banglore you can get demo not sure about delhi. I can assure you the L12 and LV12F will give you way better dynamics for movies then the QB12
Yup.. If I were paying 70k for a sub, I would have taken Lv12f in a heartbeat.

My Requirements:

offtopic: Am i the only one chose MA over QA :p or is it like most dont like bright speakers?

I'm also researching on my first HT, and after watching many reviews of QA 3030i vs 3020i, I've decided to go with 3020i fir both fronts and surrounds.

One reviewer said that as both have the same tweeter, 3020i has a more balanced sound with a sub. Need to raise the volume a bit in 3030i fkr the right balance.

Do check out this configuration as well. It will also help me 🙂

Where are you placing the Atmos channels?

Hi, this if I am not mistaken is the price for a 2700. Pls do check. Maybe some dealers are pushing their existing 1700 stock at this price. But if you ask around, you should land a similar dealer pushing out his 2700 for this price.
Lovely, neutral speakers, fit your room size.
From my experience, a Rythmik or a REL in the same 12-incher zone.
But I have heard only good things about the QBs. So, if you don't want to stretch another 10-15K on a seemingly better sub, don't bother.
These prices are good too.
Only the AVR price seems a bit high for that model. Everything else, you are on song, bro.
If you have heard the QA's once, do go for it.
All the best and regards

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back