5.1.4 Audio System (2-2.5L budget)

Strider

We will be finished building a brand new home theater room in a few months with dimensions of

14.5 (L) x 11.5 (W) x 9.5 (H)

We plan to have a 77 inch OLED (C9 or CX) paired with a speaker system of around 2+ L.

I am very much a newbie to the audio scene, but after some research, I have tentatively decided on:

Denon AVR-X3600H receiver
Dali Oberon 5 5.1 speaker package

I am undecided as to what speakers can be mounted on the ceiling for Dolby Atmos. I am also unsure if going more speakers/woofers (like 7.2.4) is necessarily advantageous for this relatively small room size, so 5.1.4 seems like the way to go.

What are the prices for these components and will they fit into my budget? Living in a relatively smaller city in TN, I cannot go out and test any speakers so I plan to choose some good ones and order remotely from a hopefully good dealer.

We will be finished building a brand new home theater room in a few months with dimensions of

We plan to have a 77 inch OLED (C9 or CX) paired with a speaker system of around 2+ L.

I am very much a newbie to the audio scene, but after some research, I have tentatively decided on:

I am undecided as to what speakers can be mounted on the ceiling for Dolby Atmos. I am also unsure if going more speakers/woofers (like 7.2.4) is necessarily advantageous for this relatively small room size, so 5.1.4 seems like the way to go.

What are the prices for these components and will they fit into my budget? Living in a relatively smaller city in TN, I cannot go out and test any speakers so I plan to choose some good ones and order remotely from a hopefully good dealer.
Is it going to be in a dedicated room? Can you please share a rough sketch of ur room lay out. And for atmos can you confirm if the ceiling is concrete or false ceiling? Are you open to buy in grey and used? Budget of 2L is fixed or willing to spend more? If you can provide all these details it will be much helpful. In Chennai most of the dealers are open and you can order straight from them. Online discounts are less

Is it going to be in a dedicated room? Can you please share a rough sketch of ur room lay out. And for atmos can you confirm if the ceiling is concrete or false ceiling? Are you open to buy in grey and used? Budget of 2L is fixed or willing to spend more? If you can provide all these details it will be much helpful. In Chennai most of the dealers are open and you can order straight from them. Online discounts are less
Yes, a dedicated room, no windows. We're planning for dark grey walls and wooden flooring, with perhaps a smaller carpet at the centre.

There is no "layout" per se as it will be a brand new rectangular room with nothing else in it except for everything required for a home theatre.

It's going to be a false ceiling. Budget of 2L is flexible and can be stretched to 2.5L.

I may possibly be open to buying used or grey depending on prices.

Yes, a dedicated room, no windows. We're planning for dark grey walls and wooden flooring, with perhaps a smaller carpet at the centre.

There is no "layout" per se as it will be a brand new rectangular room with nothing else in it except for everything required for a home theatre.

It's going to be a false ceiling. Budget of 2L is flexible and can be stretched to 2.5L.

I may possibly be open to buying used or grey depending on prices.
Ok. Dali Oberon should be good enough. I use zensor series and love them. The Oberon should have few improvements. Also check out Q acoustics. They have become very popular recently due to its performance and cost. Subwoofer plan dual. Svs,xtz,rythmik and Rel HT series. Check PM for avr details

Last edited:

I'm having almost same dimension,(only width is less 10' ).I have gone upto 7.2.4. If u dont have budget/placement constraints u can plan for 7.2.4.Again its ur decision.
. If x3600 is planned then additional 2 channel power amp may be requiredf for 7.2.4 .Better atleast go for 3channel amp for LCR(May be atleast in future)

Hope u have taken demo of Dali oberon.In case if not ,try checking with Vipul Audio -Kilpauk .They may have this for demo.
Other than Dali there are also other speaker options avialable like Fyne audio,Emotiva,Wharfedale,XTZ ,polk,SVS etc., Demo for all possible brands and decide what you like.

If dali oberon is decided ,u can check for Dali Alteco for on ceiling .In case if u have False ceiling then Dali phantom inceiling speakers can be planned.Best of luck.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back