5.1 amp for SONY Dvd player

jejo

I bought a SONY DVD player(DVP-NS728HP/B) with HDMI upscaling with DTS and Dolby digital. But it has only coaxial output for 5.1 audio . Please suggest me 5.1 system with coaxial input and where to buy in chennai.

Hi Jejo,

Considering the fact that you are looking for an AVR the first thing that comes to mind is the budget and the purpose (music or movies and percentage of preference). Please do provide more info so that members of this forum would be able to answer your queries promptly :)

Cheers
Sushanth

I bought a SONY DVD player(DVP-NS728HP/B) with HDMI upscaling with DTS and Dolby digital. But it has only coaxial output for 5.1 audio . Please suggest me 5.1 system with coaxial input and where to buy in chennai.

Hi Jejo,

Usually the components are setup the other way round - AVR first and DVD later. In your case, I suggest to visit audio stores and listen to equipment that will satisfy your budget and taste and then provide the list of ones you liked so you can narrow down down. Take a bunch of original CDs that you are aware of the song sequence & music instrumentation to your listening sessions

I was about to say the same.
It is like that ad of Kohler TV ad - the lady shows a fancy tap and asks the architect to design a house around it :lol:
No offense mr. Just having a light moment. When you will wander into the direction of 5.1 AVR, you may realize that dvdp is a very small piece of the euqation.
Anyways - there are some budget HTiBs like onkyo and yamaha that have 5.1 channel amp and speakers bundled into one pack and would cost about 20-30k. I have one such htib myself and I am quite satisfied by the movie performance.

regards

Any budget HTIB from Onkyo and Yamaha will serve the purpose. Places to check will be E-Zone for starters. What's your budget? Prices start from around 20K and end at "the sky is the limit".

Thanks for your valuable suggestions people...:).. First of all I'd like clarify that I'm not a techie person in audio/video. I came to know about some terminology like avr, e.t.c only after visiting your forum. Is AVR is the only option since some of my friends says that some Home theatre systems without player is available which has co-axial input too? Moreover in my dvd player itself HDMI upscaling facility is provided. And My budget is only under 15K. :sad:

Thanks for your valuable suggestions people...:).. First of all I'd like clarify that I'm not a techie person in audio/video. I came to know about some terminology like avr, e.t.c only after visiting your forum. Is AVR is the only option since some of my friends says that some Home theatre systems without player is available which has co-axial input too? Moreover in my dvd player itself HDMI upscaling facility is provided. And My budget is only under 15K. :sad:

you get packaged hometheater systems which contain AVR's and speaker systems in a box. you could also buy an AVR separately and speaker package separately. I think your friends are talking abt packaged home theater systems such as Yamaha YHT 195. in all cases at least an AVR is required, if you are planning on using a digital connection (coaxial)

What about creative inspire digital 5500 guys??.. Is it avaiable in Chennai, I saw in a review that it supports Coaxial input with Dolby digital decoder. Is it worth for buying?

What about creative inspire digital 5500 guys??.. Is it avaiable in Chennai, I saw in a review that it supports Coaxial input with Dolby digital decoder. Is it worth for buying?

Creative, Logitech, Altec Lansing are all PC speakers. They are good for music in very few instances and even less so for movies. They will have lots of bass and very little in terms of clarity and detail.

It's better to look at HT speakers and an AVR...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back