5.1 audio output from TV to Amplifier

pratikg316

Hi,

Recently I bought a 46" LED TV from Samsung (UA46EH6030R). The problem with this TV is that it does not have any digital audio output ports on it; it has two HDMI and 1 headphone jack. Now, I have a Yamaha receiver at my home which does not have any HDMI connectivity options but only has RCA and Digital (Optical/Coaxial) inputs.
I need to now connect my amplifier to my TV so that the receiver would be able to output audio from the TV. I have tried the 3.5 mm headphone jack to RCA option but that would only provide me with the stereo(2.1 channel) output; my concern is the 5.1 soundtrack from the movies on USB stick attached to TV.

Requesting u all to please help me with certain feasible solutions as I am badly stuck with this setup.

Nothing can be done, if your TV has no digital audio out. My suggestion is to get HD media player for around 2.5K and use the optical out.

Or buy a DVD / BD Player with HDMI, will serve be dual purpose of USB / DVD / BD playback and optical out as well. Nevertheless media player would have better format support though.

^^ this is the best and free option.you will hear converted 6 channel sound.
if not satisfied get a media player.many are avilable.almost all have hdmi output.
but doing so much for the files......are you sure all of them do have proper 6 channel ac3 or dts...or higher??

thx guys for ur responses.....will settle wid 3.5 to RCA solution for now....seems the cheaper option at dis moment...

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back