5.1 output from Pioneer 610

abhinandan.gs

Hi all,

I am planning to replace my existing philips DVD player with pioneer 610. My present player support both Dolby Prologic II & Dolby Digital. Whenever i play MP3(stereo), i get output on 5.1 channels. Pioneer user manual says it supports Dolby digital and DTS, does it also supports Prologic II to convert stereo to 5.1 ouput? If not, how can i get 5.1 output from stereo contents on pioneer player? Does Oppo 980H player supports this? Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

If 610 has prologic option,it shld convert stereo to 5.1.Else connect it digitally to AVR/Htib which can give option of 5.1(5 ch stereo,prologic)

@spirovious

But, the 610 manual says it has Prologic II for downmixing for Prologic supported AV Receiver. I dont have a AV Receiver which supports prologic; I just have a set of creative speakers with built-in AMP.

In that case, how can i convert stereo to 5.1?

@hemantwaghe
Not in bangalore, i will it get from US by my friend.

Thanks.

It is discontinued.
Pio Us website not showing..

AGAIN AMAZON SHOWS AVAILABALITY ..SO GRAB IT BEFORE IT DISAPPEARS!

Prologic is a codec/method which converts 2 ch into 5.1.Then if 610 has that & if you use DVDp 5.1 analoge ,it should work.DVDp will make 5.1 & you need to amplify that.

@spirovious,

The thing is, manual only talks about downmixing for prologic.

@All,
Can any pioneer 610 user tell me; does it convert stereo to 5.1 output?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back