5.1 Speaker Set under 50k

21stcenturion

I have a LG 55 inch 4K 3D TV and an ASUS ROG Laptop. I need a speaker system that will provide awesome music and movies experiences. Gaming is pretty much minimal. Coming from my past experience, I have used Logitech X-540 and Sennheiser PX 100 IIs. I was pretty okay with both.
Based on my online browsing, I am looking at
  • Logitech Z906 - Around 16K
  • Yamaha YHT-299 - around 33K
  • Yamaha HTP RS-33

I dont need any dvd or BD player. I dont know whether I really need a receiver or not. Z5500 is legendary and Z906 looks younger but lesser talented brother and way cheaper than other HTs for apparently minimal audio quality difference.

I was able to hear both the Yamahas mentioned above. 299 was arranged on the racks and unfortunately did not sound worth 30K at all. RS-33/39 was arranged around a display in proper surround setup and was tagged at almost 50K but sounded perfect.

I couldnt get to hear the z906 demo. I doubt you can get to hear the audio demo for it. I am looking for VFM. I will spend above 32k only if the VFM is exponentially higher.. And not some for minor subjective incremental improvement. Kindly respond soon. Thanks in advance to all those who read and responded.

Hi

Look at these options ...the key is to audition and decide...

Home Theatre System

You could also look at HT Store...

To drive these soeakers, you will need a decent AVR........based on what you decide and choose....the budget may shoot up.......

Check for posts under what should i buy or Home Theatre or click on my name for related posts to give you some idea.....

If budget is a constraint and you are open to using pre owned, see the FOr Sale by owner section or Hi Fi Ads...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back