5.1 System Suggestions at Rs 50-55k

saswat

Hi

Wanted to buy a Hometheatre and as usual was shortlisting between BDV 7002 9002 ETC ETC and then realised from some forums that these are just waste of money. I also realised that how many times i will use a BlueRay Disk???? Its all USB, Streaming etc now a days.

Now can somebody suggest me a AVR and a Speaker SET at the above mentioned price range.

AVR: Was checking Denon & Onkyo which are very good in performance. Suggest something which will have
Bluetooth
Streaming
Wifi Capabilities.

Also with that want a 5.1 Speaker System. Suggest something Boston, Wharfedale are too costly. I think Sonodyne will fit into the budget. Can i get a Floor Standing speaker too. Sony's Floor ones look too good.

So at this range of about Rs 50k please suggest a AVR and a 5.1 Speaker set combination.

Checkout the Denon 500 BT. It has bluetooth. I saw someone in the forum got a Denon and paired it with Boston Acoustics XS speaker set.

Your budget is too small for good quality floorstanders + Bluetooth/WiFi capable receiver.
If Bluetooth/WiFi is important, then you have to go with the Denon X510 which is the cheapest such model
That would leave you with about 20k for your speakers. That would get you only satellite based systems like Boston Soundware XS 5.1 (satellites are small one-way speakers - good for movies but not as good for music)
Or you could get a pair of entry level floorstanders like Pioneer Andrew Jones or a Sonodyne Sonus series.

If you WANT to get floorstanders and can't increase your budget at all, then you can look at this Pioneer package http://m.pioneer-india.in/shop/htp-rs43-2/
You can get an external Bluetooth receiver for a couple of grand and a WiFi bridge for same amount

Thanks.. I was just thinking that why not buy a non-wifi and non-bluetooth AVR and connect my AppleTV to the same which has wifi and bluetooth. Will it give good sound or you need to have the wifi on AVR itself.. Any idea

Thanks.. I was just thinking that why not buy a non-wifi and non-bluetooth AVR and connect my AppleTV to the same which has wifi and bluetooth. Will it give good sound or you need to have the wifi on AVR itself.. Any idea
Yes Apple TV will work fine I think
But I don't think apple TV can receive Bluetooth signals, as in you can't stream from phone to Apple TV (unless you have an iPhone)

20 x 15 feet is fairly large room....

As other FM have suggested, 50K is good budget, but not good enough to complete a good 5.1 system..

If you afford later, interested to build a good quality 5.1 system and can add components one by one, then there are good options...

Hey same room dimensions!!! Even i needed this sometime back. I was looking at building a satellite+sub ht. But the fms on this forum suggested slow upgrade for better home theater experience. I auditioned many hts all satellites+sub. A sub being important for me the fm suggested to go for bookshelves rather fs as subwoofer is already present. I increased my budget from 45k to 75k and got a basic avr for 22k :sad:which left me 53k for speakers+sub. Went to profx for audition. Heard tsx series and was really impressed. The bookshelf speakers are more full bodied sound than what i heard from the small tiny satellites and subwoofer. Also for music they are very good. Got a polk psw110 subwoofer+tsx110b(4nos)+tsx150c center speaker total came to 51k and i got a really good experience for music and movies. Would also suggest the jamo s426hcs3 which is 5.0 floor standers package. You can buy it for 25-27k and add subwoofer later. I did not have place for fs hence went for bookshlef speakers. For 55k you can buy an avr+fronts+center atleast and then get surround and subwoofer later when u have the cash

Hi, my living room is 18 x 10 opening into dining area making it a 'L' shape. I'm planning on going for Energy Take Classic 5.1 & Marantz SR5008. Can anyone pls suggest how this combination will work out. And if it's worth going for this combination at below prices:
1. ETC 5.1 - Rs 41,550 (import from US via amazon.com)
2. Marantz SR5008 - Rs 54,300 (buy from snapdeal.com)

20 x 15 feet is fairly large room....

As other FM have suggested, 50K is good budget, but not good enough to complete a good 5.1 system..

If you afford later, interested to build a good quality 5.1 system and can add components one by one, then there are good options...

I will need the following suggestions for my 15*10 room. Usage: 60:40 (Music:Movies). Budget for speakers at this moment: 30K. AVR: Denon X1000

a. Should I go for front and sub or front and centers?
b. Recommendations for fronts/ centers/ subs in my range? (both bookshelf/ floorstanding are welcome, depending which is better for my room)

check pioneer andrew jones series. one fm found the fronts, center and surrounds for 35k. Also you could take the Jamo S426 HCS 3. available @reliance digital stores. The quote i received for this package was 25k from fairdeal electronics, mumbai. Auditon some entry level fs packages. You may want to look at sonodyne fs+center too. audition them and post your result here.

Hi, my living room is 18 x 10 opening into dining area making it a 'L' shape. I'm planning on going for Energy Take Classic 5.1 & Marantz SR5008. Can anyone pls suggest how this combination will work out. And if it's worth going for this combination at below prices:
1. ETC 5.1 - Rs 41,550 (import from US via amazon.com)
2. Marantz SR5008 - Rs 54,300 (buy from snapdeal.com)

Hi Hemant,

I am using ETC 5.1 with Marantz SR7007. I actually wanted those speakers for my other room and a floorstanding for living room. But i love these speakers so much, even for music listening in stereo, I havent yet changed those :)

So coming back to your question. Yes, this is a good combination. Only thing u have to be careful about the placement of center speaker. If it is too far, the dialogues may not have that impact. But i think 18 feet distance and 10 feet wide shud be good as well. But again, if ur front speaker is in that common "L" shape to your dining area, it may not be that effective. i had the same problem, but then i reversed the config and liking it since then.

Cheers,
Dev

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back