55" 4K UHD LED TV making me dizzy

uda2k2

Hi - I bought a Sony Bravia 55X8000G last week and after watching the TV for 5 mins (SD, HD, 4K Videos), i feel dizziness and headache in my forehead.

I'm watching the 55" TV from a viewing distance of 10 feet.

Earlier i was using a Samsung 32" Full HD LED TV and i never faced this issue. This issue looks very strange to me and not sure how to over come this. I had also consulted a ophthalmologist to check on my eye power and all good with my eyes.

Please could someone help me understand this strange issue that am facing? Is it because of the TV size or 4K UHD content or viewing distance?

Appreciate all the helps and suggestions! Thanks.

Hi...it had happened to me also, when i had upgraded to oled tv.

Turning the sharpness down and switching off all motion interpolation settings had eased it.

Sometimes, it's just a question of getting used to big bright screen, which may take a week to month.

Turning the sharpness down and switching off all motion interpolation settings had eased it.

Sometimes, it's just a question of getting used to big bright screen, which may take a week to month.
Thanks for the reply, sharpness to 0? Currently its set at 50.

Please could you confirm what was your viewing distance? Just trying to understand if viewing distance is an issue for me.

In my opinion It's most probably due to the refresh rate of the TV. When I was demoing TV, watching 55" LG TV at LG showroom also made feel wierd. I bought 55" TCL & Iffalcon TVs and I am not facing any such problems with these TV's.
Are you facing problem while watching sports or any such scenes where camera pans?
Hi Neeraj - Exactly, even i faced the same issue when i was looking at the demo of 55" LG 7300, then settled down with Sony 8000G, but facing the similar issue, i thought viewing distance was the issue. Now only i got to know its because of the motion interpolation.

So far i watched some Prime, Youtube videos and HD channels which made me dizzy, will watch sports and observe if there is any change.

In my opinion It's most probably due to the refresh rate of the TV. When I was demoing TV, watching 55" LG TV at LG showroom also made feel wierd. I bought 55" TCL & Iffalcon TVs and I am not facing any such problems with these TV's.
Are you facing problem while watching sports or any such scenes where camera pans?
Yes, i face this problem with all the channels, sports, movies...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back