• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted 6 channel power amplifier

Audiolab 6000A Amplifier

Kannan

I need a used good quality 6 or 8 channel power amplifier with individual dedicated inputs (both XLR and RCA preferred). Bridgeable connections would be a huge plus

Please PM me your offers.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Kannan

Thanks saikat...i already have one, but am looking for something that can pack a little more power

Kannan

Last edited:

saikatbiswas82

I presently have a modded version of the same amp. It is designed over a single toroidal transformer and 4 independent boards based on the TDA7294 class AB class audio amplifier IC.

But am in the hunt for something in the grade of Rotel or NAD.

That's a nice looking amp you have. If you like NAD's sound signature, you could try Hypex UCD180 based amps. I believe FM GeorgeO made something similar for himself a couple of years back. There are other options like LJM L15D (Ebay) or offerings from classdaudio.com.

All the best! [emoji4]

Kannan

I am running a 3-way active setup with it. Each input drives each pair of drivers (midbass, midrange and the tweeters.) XO is set on a 3-way analogue crossover.

saikatbiswas82

I am running a 3-way active setup with it. Each input drives each pair of drivers (midbass, midrange and the tweeters.) XO is set on a 3-way analogue crossover.
I guess I'm not getting the drift here. Active setup with analog crossover? Could you please explain a bit more?

Kannan

I guess I'm not getting the drift here. Active setup with analog crossover? Could you please explain a bit more?

Source: Dune Media Player....optical output to Audioengine D1 DAC....DAC to 31 band Behringer EQ.....EQ to DBX 3-way active crossover......DBX to 6-channel power amp....power amp to speakers.

Gain matching is done on the DBX xo

vktarun

Hi,

You have a wonderful setup :). In my view the next upgrade could be a single ended tube amp for mid and Highs and the existing modules in bridge mode for low frequency. Just my view.

Regards,

Vipin.

Kannan

Hi,

You have a wonderful setup :). In my view the next upgrade could be a single ended tube amp for mid and Highs and the existing modules in bridge mode for low frequency. Just my view.

Regards,

Vipin.

no mullaah for a tube amp sir.

Kannan

A good quality integrated tube amp is 20K.

cheers

thanks venkat....to be frank, not much, actually nil experience with a tube amp. Would prefer a used NAD or the likes of a multi channel power amp for an integrated solution.
Have quite a few in mind but not able to source within budget.

venkatcr

Am looking for one. Can you share details

You are in Mumbai. Go and check out the AV-400A from DNM Audio (AMPLIFIERS | PRODUCT Category | DNM Enterprise). Their website is terrible, but the amplifier sings like a beautiful mynah. Connect that to a good single driver speaker, and you will have a wonderful music system.

Mind you, the AV-400A is a Chinese product.

Cheers

bigron

OT, but does anyone has any recent views on their a777 amplifier. I was quoted 17500 for it and was looking at it for a second system. Thanks.