60's? Vintage Denon amplifier

tuxedodiplomat

Hi, It's my first post here. I found a vintage Denon (maybe 60's?) Amplifier at a flea market. I send photos to Denon customer support, but they don't even have a record of the model number at all. :sad:

I haven't powered it up yet, because I don't have speakers to go with it.

I'm wondering what kind of speakers I should pair it with. Could I damage the amp or speakers if I don't get the pairing right?

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, It's my first post here. I found a vintage Denon (maybe 60's?) Amplifier at a flea market. I send photos to Denon customer support, but they don't even have a record of the model number at all. :sad:

I haven't powered it up yet, because I don't have speakers to go with it.

I'm wondering what kind of speakers I should pair it with. Could I damage the amp or speakers if I don't get the pairing right?

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Please put up some pictures.. I would surely like to feast my eyes on such vintage :)

Hi Tuxedodiplomat,

I am singapore and am a fan of vintage audio gear. Perhaps we can get in touch ..sharing common interest. Pls PM me if you feel so.

Cheers, Kishor

you may damage speakers if the amps are sending out DC, a short circuit or something. Just try them on a cheap pair of speakers and run for a couple of hours at moderate volume. then connect to your expensive speakers.

tuxe,

I too own a DENON 80's made in Japan,amp and was unable to find the right sepc materials to match,but i tried to read out the speaker specification on the rear part of the amp,where the speaker jack is present.If you could post the clear REAR image of your amp they some Some audiophiles would you some good matching speakers.. all the best

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back