7.1.2 speakers for Pioneer VSX-LX302

navin_adharsh

Hey team,

This is my first post and it's gonna be long. So if you have a more important task to be done, just pass this on. For other saintly minded helpers, please read on.

Just now bought Pioneer VSX-LX302 AVR from HiFiMart. Will get it in a few days. This 7.2 AVR has 9 outputs unlike others that only has 7 (I'm not including the pre-outs for subwoofer) as there are separate outputs for the surround back and height channels. Now, I ordered the product for this specific reason. Because, I have a huge collection of 4k blu-rays among which some are in Dolby Atmos audio format (eg. Thor Ragnarok) and others with DTS:X (eg. Straight Outta Compton). So, as you might have guessed, I want to have both the Atmos and DTS:X speaker setup so that the AVR would switch to the required speakers automatically with different movies. And fyi, I want to have this setup in my basement room which is 12*14 sq.ft with a ceiling height of 12 ft and also, I don't want to have In-ceiling or ceiling mounted speakers. It would be a long and tedious work compared to setting up speakers that have a key-hole for wall mounting. I also saw a video of Andrew Jones (a speaker savant) explaining that bounce back speakers are more efficient than those in the ceiling as they would make the audio directed towards the listener (or viewer) somewhat more accurately. So, my actual request for you guys is,

Point me towards a good 7.1 speaker set which goes along with a pair of good wall mountable Atmos speakers. Or a 5.1 set and a surround pair with an Atmos pair. Or a custom set with different speakers (inc. a wall mountable atmos pair) and a subwoofer. And I don't want tower speakers. I find them somewhat uneasy to look at. All within a budget of 1 lakh, preferably lower. In fact, anything less priced but performs well is a better option for me.

Right now, I'm looking at Onkyo SKH-410 for Atmos as it seems to be the only one to be wall mountable and, that's it. I really have no idea about the others. A 12" or 10" sub included in this setup would be preferable.

Any and all help is what I need. So, please guide me gang. And thanks for reading.

Regards,

Navin.D
Chennai.

IMO.I don't think your receiver could switch between surround back and height channels according to the movie
As it is required to configure your speaker configuration during initial setup say for example 5.1/5.1.2/5.2.2/7.2 in this again you have to define your speaker configuration(height channel/ front height/top middle/top centre.. etc)
Based on your input, receiver will gives the output according to your speaker config.

Thanks dude.. I'll look into it..btw, maybe I can do it manually for each movie by going into settings and changing the config.. Maybe it will still be a plus for me that i got both the atmos and dtsx setups simultaneously..or is there nothing special like that..and I'm just reasoning with myself for taking the decision to buy the AVR.. And lastly, can I get a refund from hifimart.? I just ordered it yesterday.

It can help .But practically it is difficult to change the settings for each and every movie.once you receive the receiver u feel what I meant.room calibration Will not be valid if you change the spk config ,again you may need to do it for the current config.
If you don't look for room correction then no issues.
IMO it is not a advantage or disadvantage most of the receiver do the same your decision on pioneer VSX LX-302 is not wrong btw.
you need to try auto surround.may be once u receive the receiver you check it after connecting the speakers as your wish.

Hi,
Good night but don't sleep..;) just yet.
Hm. Ok buddy. Point taken. But actually I chose this AVR for this purpose. I even dropped my plan on buying a marantz 1608 for this. And now, finding out that it doesn't have that feature, I obviously would want it returned. fyi, I didn't say this AVR is not good and I'm returning it. But it's because what I want and hoped that it would be there is really not there. Hmm. Okay my humble request to the squad,

1) Can I cancel the order now and would I get the refund.? How to do it? There are no signs of tracking details or delivery date on their site and also, I am not getting any text messages from them. Not even a confirmed order msg.

2)As I mentioned before, I want a setup in which I can get both the Dolby Atmos and the DTS:X without any loss. So I thought if we put speakers for every channel for both the audio formats, I can rest assured that the receiver would do the job of selecting the right track and speaker by itself. But now I learned from sir @reachkalyan.kr that it is not possible.

So, is it really not possible? And maybe 7.1 DTS could be experienced in an Atmos setup and vice versa..maybe I was wrong about it from the start. I really don't know..:rolleyes:

I started this thread for some speaker recommendations that go well with my receiver.
So, maybe someone will come along and do that for me. :) <and also to clear my doubts btw> ;)

Thanks again,
Adharsh.D

Hi Adharsh,

Firstly...welcome to HFV....noticed that you have just joined,,,,,advisable to read the threads already posted by our experienced members,,,,

With regards to your specific requirement, you may have to look at AVRs which are 9 channel and above....most of us use 7.2 AVRs where setups are configured as 5.2.2 (atmos)....Height speakers if used are hooked up in additional channels of the AVR (for example Marantz SR series 60xx 05 70xx)...The nex SR8012 would have this capability...not sure how many have tried this setup.....content widely available is 5.1 and Atmos....even 7.1........you can select only one type of content during playback...provided the movie has multiple playback options,

With regards to Terms and Conditions...please check Hifimart website.....call on the numbers...speak to Mr Anil who is the owner...I am sure something can be worked out soon.....check with him.....

For speakers it all depends on your budget and type (floor standers, Satellites , bookshelf)....If to pair with the Pioneer AVR....Andrew Jones designed Pioneer speakers are best...others are TAGA or Boston Acoustics or Polks.....Audition and decide....since you are based in Chennai...visit a few dealers and decide.....

All of us are very anxious always to get something new in AV but it will be good to check all specs and pros N cons before finalising ,,,,,,,,

Hi,
Good night but don't sleep..;) just yet.
Hm. Ok buddy. Point taken. But actually I chose this AVR for this purpose. I even dropped my plan on buying a marantz 1608 for this. And now, finding out that it doesn't have that feature, I obviously would want it returned. fyi, I didn't say this AVR is not good and I'm returning it. But it's because what I want and hoped that it would be there is really not there. Hmm. Okay my humble request to the squad,

1) Can I cancel the order now and would I get the refund.? How to do it? There are no signs of tracking details or delivery date on their site and also, I am not getting any text messages from them. Not even a confirmed order msg.

2)As I mentioned before, I want a setup in which I can get both the Dolby Atmos and the DTS:X without any loss. So I thought if we put speakers for every channel for both the audio formats, I can rest assured that the receiver would do the job of selecting the right track and speaker by itself. But now I learned from sir @reachkalyan.kr that it is not possible.

So, is it really not possible? And maybe 7.1 DTS could be experienced in an Atmos setup and vice versa..maybe I was wrong about it from the start. I really don't know..:rolleyes:

I started this thread for some speaker recommendations that go well with my receiver.
So, maybe someone will come along and do that for me. :) <and also to clear my doubts btw> ;)

Thanks again,
Adharsh.D
Hold on and try reaching FM who is already having this model before cancelling your order.below are the screen shot which can precisely help ur query.post your query on pioneers owners thread as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180317-072147.png
    Screenshot_20180317-072147.png
    328.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20180317-071953.png
    Screenshot_20180317-071953.png
    495.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20180317-072128.png
    Screenshot_20180317-072128.png
    485.3 KB · Views: 7
Alright brothers. Many thanks for your clarification. It seems like I just have to wait it out. And after getting it, go through the config and browse all the available options myself.. @efernand1 you're right I'm new here and also, I'm new to all this AV thing. So only, the confusions and excitement. And @reachkalyan.kr , you have been a big help to me dude. I'm not cancelling my order. So thanks again. And lets hope we meet somewhere in this forum again while helping someone. I thought I will do a first impression on this receiver but it looks like already many have done it here. Bye gang. :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back