720p home theatre projector

tigerwag

hello experts, i am following this particular forum since couple of years. bought HTib with help of suggestions given by u guys...planing to complete my HT setup. need to buy a 720p lcd projector.
1)budget around 35000. i know its too much to ask in 35000 inr, but i have recently seen add on new egg abt acer 5370BD for 400 $. can we get it india around same or little bit high price.
2) any other modell with 720native resln within yhis price range?
3) did anyone bought it through ishopinternational?
4) if somebody carries it frm US then what precautions to be taken to avoid custom charges and taxes...
5) any good place in pune to audition projectors?
6) how will be clarity of TATA SK HD on svga projector?
plz help me mates..... plz....

hello experts, i am following this particular forum since couple of years. bought HTib with help of suggestions given by u guys...planing to complete my HT setup. need to buy a 720p lcd projector.
1)budget around 35000. i know its too much to ask in 35000 inr, but i have recently seen add on new egg abt acer 5370BD for 400 $. can we get it india around same or little bit high price.
If you have friends in us and if they carry for you then it is well and good u can get this within ur budget.
2) any other modell with 720native resln within yhis price range? Acer 5370 is the best one many FMs bought this and enjoying u can ask Premblr about this in detail.
3) did anyone bought it through ishopinternational? dont buy from this site it seems they are one not good.
4) if somebody carries it frm US then what precautions to be taken to avoid custom charges and taxes... one should carry with its carry bag instead of a box piece.i think.

hope this helps u bit

same projector in india was selling for 50k+ in few websites. US you can get for 25k around.

2) any other modell with 720native resln within yhis price range?

no other besides benq 710ST for 530$ in newegg offer
3) did anyone bought it through ishopinternational?

AVOID. you can try shopyourworld.

4) if somebody carries it frm US then what precautions to be taken to avoid custom charges and taxes...

anything till 35k is without customs. still dump box and caryy in cabin baggage with the projector bag and declare item for personal use only

no idea. pm pune FM's. they will be able to assist.

clarity will be good. we have a dedicated thread for same projector with extreme responses in shor times. check it. however if you plan to watch TV on similar projector for REGULAR use. you should look forward for LED projectors will more lamp life else you will be spendind 10k odd every 18 months for bulb change.

Answers in Bold

price of acer 5370 has increased to 500 $ on new egg. amazon still selling for 450 $. still a good deal?

10% off entire site on newegg so it'll be around $460. But as 'ironhorse' said wait till Christmas or newyear (when it becomes last year model price may go further down.. but not guaranteed).

hi fellas....
how is Acer X1320WH 3D Ready DLP Projector?
do we have to have HTPC for watching 3d movies?
how can we watch 3d movies on 3d ready projector?

is 3000:1 contast ratio enough for home theatre viewing?
my room size is 13*11.
plz reply fast guyz as i am in a hurry to purchase projector.

IF your interested in Epson PJ demo's in pune, will ask my Epson Contact regarding the same & provide the details by tomorrow.

hi friends...
wxga resolution
2700 ansi lumens
DLP
3000:1 contrast ratio
are these specs enough for room size of 10*12 for watching 720p movies and tata skyhd?

Guys , if you're having a demo done somewhere in pune , I would like to be a part of the Demo . I am looking to buy anew PJ and would be nice to demo one .

go for 720p min resolution.. the rest looks okay... you can get 3000 lumens... and DLP and 3D for a good price.... yes, I am talking about the ACer H5370BD.

wxga is 720p .
i am talking about acer 1320wh available for 34500 inr here in india itself. canceled the plan of getting pj frm us as there will be no warranty.
is it a good deal.
only difference frm 5370bd is contrast (its 3000:1)and 3d (its 3D ready not full 3d.)
i am not much intetested in 3d.

wxga is 720p .
i am talking about acer 1320wh available for 34500 inr here in india itself. canceled the plan of getting pj frm us as there will be no warranty.
is it a good deal.
only difference frm 5370bd is contrast (its 3000:1)and 3d (its 3D ready not full 3d.)
i am not much intetested in 3d.

Why will there be no warranty ? You can always get Acer Service Center Guys help you sort out any issues with your PJ (god forbid any !!)

Today you feel that 3D is not required, a couple of months down the line you will feel, I should have got the 3D. Also I am not aware of the reviews for Acer 1320WH. Personally speaking if you want to go for a 720P3D try if you can get a demo of the Epson Tw550 which is in the same range of ~40K (cannot confirm the prices but pls check with fellow members)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back