720p Projector under Rs 30000

fusebulb

Hi friends
I am looking for a decent 720p (no full HD or 3d) projector ... under 30000 Rs ... can u suggest any brand or model ... Threre are Chinese Projectors but i would prefer a reputed brand ... especially in Mumbai ... there is an Egate projector for Rs 16000 anybody has reviewed it ... it's not 720; i think it is 800 x 600 but the price is very tempting .... any suggestions...!!!

Look for Benq or Acer models they may have some at affordable price. You can also look for 1024 X 768 Pixel projector with HDMI or even D-Sub will do. The quality will not be bad if you dont have a very large screen.

If you go for D-Sub connection then get a wire for YCbCr to D-Sub to connect your player to the Projector.You will get 720P or 1080i with it.

Yes i like Acer H5360 BD projector it is perfect for my use ... but i don't know about the availability in Mumbai ... anybody visited Heera Panna in Mumbai for projectors ... is it safe to buy from there ... the Acer PJ costs 36000 in US (Amazon) with customs and everything it will come for around 46000 ... (out of budget) anybody knows grey market price of this Projector in Mumbai ....

After very intense searching for PJ on the internet ... i am beginning to like Vivitek Qumi Q2 and Acer H5360 ... my room is small 12" x 10" i have 90" of wall space only so which one should i go for ... pls suggest ....!!!

If you are looking for a new branded 720p native resolution projector to buy in India for Rs.30000/- I dont think its available. Still India is flooded with only XGA projectors. You need to either look at US (if someone can carry it for you) or look for some used projectors from some of our reliable HFV members, who will make the shift from HD to full HD.

Vivitek is LED projector and it is not 16:9 but 16:10, also it has only 300 Lumens. You need to have the room dark to watch movie with that. However the advantage is long lamp life.

Last edited:
thanks Ukjeyaraj
will 16:10 be a problem for watching hd movies, 300 lumens is less but i will compensate by having black cloth filling behind my curtains, what do u think abt Acer H5360 it has 2000 lumens, will it play better in daylight conditions..

There is no problem with 16:10. I just made that point as 16:9 is more common. As a matter of fact I am using a projector with 16:10 ratio, and I have absolutely no problem.

Acer with 2000 Lumens will be definitely better than vivitek. I think it will be watchable with tubes on but not with bright sunlight.

If you are deciding to buy LED projector, better watch it once before taking the final call and convince yourself about the performance to give bright and crisp picture, even in dark room. I have never watched LED projectors myself.

take a look at youtube reviews of qumi Q2 PJ, they look awesome atleast on youtube videos, but many users swear by it ... but we unfortunate indians dont have the luxury to test anything here ... not even in metro cities ... so we have to rely on reviews from either youtube or experts like you here...

Optoma HD20 is good and sells for $500 to $600 in ebay USA.

One of my friend has it, and its very good

Optoma HD20 on ebay.in is listed for 75k way out of budget...... i guess i will have to wait for some time
for prices to drop ....

I have once tried the Mitsubishi XD 110U with Blu ray and the quality is quiet good from the D-Sub Connection. Its a 1024 X 768 resolution Projector.

I have a HD 67 for the same size of room, 10*12. works great and with the new HD TV channels gives an outstanding picture quality. Got it from the UK, a freind carried it for me.

how much did it cost u... did u have to pay customs if yes then how much ... ??
do u have a dedicated screen or u r using the wall, and how much inches do u project
i have just 90" of wall space ...

cheers

Last edited:
hi, fuse bulb
dear
why r u geting hd 20 from ebay at 75,000 bucks /
u can get optoma hd 20 at rs 60,000 rs only ,pls rd my thread .
got optoma in india. details r also given below.
rgds

Last edited:
hi, fuse bulb
dear
why r u geting hd 20 from ebay at 75,000 bucks /
u can get optoma hd 20 at rs 60,000 rs only ,pls rd my thread .
got optoma in india. details r also given below.
rgds

Fusebulb pls read mrunalrane's thread as he has suggested... He has listed the shop where is bought his projector... You can contact that shop to see if they have anything that suits ur budget like a 720p projector... Anyway if you increase ur budget by even 8-10k I am sure you can sure you can get a very nice 3D 720p projector like the HD66... Will try & post links later...

EDIT
Just chked a bit & the Optoma HD66(3D 720p projector) is $439 on amazon.com & filed in the details in boderlinx's Shipping cost calculator & got a result of total cost including shipping+customs of under Rs33,000... You could also ask the shop & ship ppl for a quotation of the same & I think you should get a similar or lesser price... This is just over the budget you have quoted & the only problem with this is you will need a step down transformer(I think its 1-1.2k on ebay) for 220v to 110v... Also you wont have warranty but anyway for your budget warranty would not have been possible anywhere you looked in India unless you bought a very inferior product with Indian warranty... Hope this helped...

Last edited:
Optoma HD66 costs 50k on ebay.in @rajadeep can u suggest shops or places to buy my budget projectors in Mumbai i have no idea abt Acer 5360 cost and availability in Mumbai ... nobody keeps Acer Projectors in Mumbai it seems ...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back