75"- 77" OLED TVs (Discussion)

Hi all,

Just wondering what options we have for 77" OLED TVs. Just the LG models? I understand the QD-OLED panel tops out at 65"

Also what is the availability in India and what is the street price like?

Is it value for money compared to the A95K 65" QD-OLED?

Hi all,

Just wondering what options we have for 77" OLED TVs. Just the LG models? I understand the QD-OLED panel tops out at 65"

Sony sells for like 5 lakhs plus. Lg 77 needs a special bargaining and you could get one for 4 to 4.25 lakhs.

Hi all,

I checked out Sony A80K 77". Unfortunately Reliance Digital salesperson was crap. The sources were completely useless and the picture looked worse than my 4 years old 65" Sony A8F. Asking price was 5.65 before haggling.
Size was definitely a meaningful upgrade over 65". I have to go again during Diwali sales and take a proper demo.

I checked out Sony A80K 77". Unfortunately Reliance Digital salesperson was crap. The sources were completely useless and the picture looked worse than my 4 years old 65" Sony A8F. Asking price was 5.65 before haggling.
Size was definitely a meaningful upgrade over 65". I have to go again during Diwali sales and take a proper demo.
77" with same 4k is not going to have a denser ppi and so your 65" would beat it is my guess.

77" with same 4k is not going to have a denser ppi and so your 65" would beat it is my guess.
True, but a slightly longer viewing distance should fix that. In this case, source was bad. I have to go for a proper demo in some other place. My experience with Reliance Digital is never good.

actually both tvs are similar.so you will not see any major difference in PQ.check G2 or A95K if you really want an upgrade is PQ also.if you are specifically looking for 77 then only G2 will be your option as A95K comes in only 65.

actually both tvs are similar.so you will not see any major difference in PQ.check G2 or A95K if you really want an upgrade is PQ also.if you are specifically looking for 77 then only G2 will be your option as A95K comes in only 65.
Not similar exactly. Sony actually facelifts its tv processors year on year. X1 was topped by X1 ultimate and ultimate by XR and there is a difference in motion smoothing. LG has no noticeable difference whatsoever between a C9 to C1. Maybe C2/G2 is different, still no big change in PQ or picture processing etc...

LG has no noticeable difference whatsoever between a C9 to C1.
LG updates their processing every year too and there is a good difference between C9 to CX and CX to C1.

C9 has α9 Gen 2, CX has α9 Gen 3, C1 has α9 Gen 4, C2 has α9 Gen 5.
Maybe C2/G2 is different, still no big change in PQ or picture processing etc...
With the new α9 Gen 5 in the C2, LG has mostly matched Sony in processing in motion and upscaling. Sony is still a bit better in gradients, but the difference is very minor.

There is a very major change in PQ between the C1/G1 and the C2/G2.

LG updates their processing every year too and there is a good difference between C9 to CX and CX to C1.

With the new α9 Gen 5 in the C2, LG has mostly matched Sony in processing in motion and upscaling. Sony is still a bit better in gradients, but the difference is very minor.

C9 vs cx has marginal difference.

According to this. I am a cx owner so no big diff i notice.

C9 vs cx has marginal difference.

According to this. I am a cx owner so no big diff i notice.
rtings tests the panel, not the processing.

Not similar exactly. Sony actually facelifts its tv processors year on year. X1 was topped by X1 ultimate and ultimate by XR and there is a difference in motion smoothing. LG has no noticeable difference whatsoever between a C9 to C1. Maybe C2/G2 is different, still no big change in PQ or picture processing etc...
well actually its LG who upgrades the processor every year as Lightgamer has already mentioned .sony only had 2 processors in the last 5 years.X1 ultimate and now XR.X1 processor was used in non master TVs like A8 series.while A9 always come with the flagship.

Also, i used the word similar and not exact.of course there will be some improvement after 4 years.but is it worth upgrading i don't think so_OLEDs were more or less the same for the last 5 years.at least in india.There were some good TVs abroad with heat sink like Panasonic HZ2000 or Sony A90J but companies never launch them here.

This is the first time we got worthy tvs such as A95K and G2 which can consider upgrades.

Are they quality upgrades like compared to X1 to X1 extreme to X1 ultimate to XR? C9's picture processor to C10's to C1 was not huge difference. While XR is object based and was a leapfrog and i was able to notice a huge difference. Thats why i ask.

Are they quality upgrades like compared to X1 to X1 extreme to X1 ultimate to XR? C9's picture processor to C10's to C1 was not huge difference. While XR is object based and was a leapfrog and i was able to notice a huge difference. Thats why i ask.
The gen 4 to gen 5 is a massive leap. Even the C2 looks significantly better than the G1, despite being in a cheaper series.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back