Best 75in TV under 2L

If the logic that was explained in other thread on zero cost EMI can be applied here, it can be had for 1.93L :)

I got just an ICICI credit card, not the Amazon one.

Knowing the sony store, I can try for 2L, I seriously doubt they'll come down from 2.1L

I am tempted but just controlling - diwali offers will be better, diwali offers will be better.....ha ha

I wish I had confidence in that zero cost EMI thing - 1.93 is as good as it might get.

If the logic that was explained in other thread on zero cost EMI can be applied here, it can be had for 1.93L :)

Knowing the sony store, I can try for 2L, I seriously doubt they'll come down from 2.1L

I am tempted but just controlling - diwali offers will be better, diwali offers will be better.....ha ha

I wish I had confidence in that zero cost EMI thing - 1.93 is as good as it might get.
Check out other stores like Vijay Sales, RD etc. They usually have better pricing than the brand stores.

RD has great pricing online for 75x800G - 1.8L

75x800h is same - 2.18L

65x950g - 1.58L, though it is out of stock for my area. This is online, in store may be we can squeeze few more thousands.

Hey, just chipping in here from the other thread where we had the NoCost emi discussion.

Would you mind doing some research for that NoCost emi option?

Here's how to go about it:
Make sure it is Amazon's NoCost emi option and take the maximum allowed duration. Read the terms and conditions just to be sure.
Talk to an ICICI bank executive and ask him what the procedure is to foreclose a NoCost emi availed from Amazon. And ask if there are any penalty charges for foreclosing, etc.
If they confirm there aren't any or if it is minimal, then as a next step, talk to an Amazon executive and ask them how fast you're allowed to cancel an order after buying without any deduction. I think they have some policy where you can cancel an order before it is shipped and get a full refund as if nothing happened.

If all of those fall in line, then:
1. Check the limit left on your credit card.
2. Go ahead and make the purchase on Amazon.
3. Immediately check the credit card limit again and see what the difference is, and if it is around the same amount which we predicted.
4. Call ICICI immediately and ask them to initiate foreclosure proceedings and see if there are any extra charges and if they are minimal enough to neglect.
5. If everything works, enjoy the purchase, else if there's an issue anywhere in this pipeline, immediately cancel the order before it gets shipped and get a full refund.

Never leave it to chance. Just do a rigorous groundwork before proceeding. i'm sure it'll pay off at some point.

Good luck :)

75X800h is available for display at Bangalore Kalyan Nagar showroom. Sales guy called and have me a price of 2.18 plus 3k of card Cashback.

It is listed on Amazon as well for same 2.18L price with no cost EMI.
Oh thats nice... I will go and have look in the showroom if it has got VA panel or IPS. But first i have to find on internet how to differentiate between both. Lol. Last week i tried to enquire in different showrooms and they dont have any clue what panel sony uses. They kept on saying that sony uses tuffend panels with good contrast. Any news on x900h?

Yes, i am also waiting for diwali for the x8000h 75. By then there will also be x900h in indian market. Will they provide it under 2 L if we both buy from same store ?

Any news on x900h?

Store said it should be here by month end. Had no clue on pricing, however, said that beween 800H and 900H, there will be a gap of 1L for 75in. So expected 900h to be arond 3.2-3.4L.

75x950H is launched - priced at 4.27L. This typically comes down by 80k after an year. 75x950G stayed for 4.4L before dropping to 3.6L and 65x950G was 2.3L before - and dropped to 1.6L after 8 months. Talking of price depreciation, 75x800G is available for 1.8L as listed in RD. It was 2.04L couple of weeks back, before the launch of x800H.

Sony products have massive depreciations in their pricing. Buying x80H for more than 2L will be a bad deal on our part, knowing that it'll retail for 1.7L after 8-9 months.

Will they provide it under 2 L if we both buy from same store ?

Yes - if we buy 2 TVs, together, we do have a high chance of bargain and negotiation. Not only with Sony Center, but with RD, Croma, Pai or Adishwar can be checked for a good bargain. near about 2L and I'd say it is an acceptable buy. Knowing the quality and standard, it should last 6-7years.

On the other hand, I am so hoping that Samsung launches their 75in Frame in India. It is listed at an exorbitant proce of 4.7L, but I would feel it to retail around 2.2L considering 65in is at 1.4L

Oh, 65x800h was listed at sony shop for 1.32L, it got a 14k discount too and is available for 1.18L. Sony seems to be getting aggressive on their 800h pricing.

Store said it should be here by month end. Had no clue on pricing, however, said that beween 800H and 900H, there will be a gap of 1L for 75in. So expected 900h to be arond 3.2-3.4L.

75x950H is launched - priced at 4.27L. This typically comes down by 80k after an year. 75x950G stayed for 4.4L before dropping to 3.6L and 65x950G was 2.3L before - and dropped to 1.6L after 8 months. Talking of price depreciation, 75x800G is available for 1.8L as listed in RD. It was 2.04L couple of weeks back, before the launch of x800H.

Sony products have massive depreciations in their pricing. Buying x80H for more than 2L will be a bad deal on our part, knowing that it'll retail for 1.7L after 8-9 months.

Yes - if we buy 2 TVs, together, we do have a high chance of bargain and negotiation. Not only with Sony Center, but with RD, Croma, Pai or Adishwar can be checked for a good bargain. near about 2L and I'd say it is an acceptable buy. Knowing the quality and standard, it should last 6-7years.

On the other hand, I am so hoping that Samsung launches their 75in Frame in India. It is listed at an exorbitant proce of 4.7L, but I would feel it to retail around 2.2L considering 65in is at 1.4L

Oh, 65x800h was listed at sony shop for 1.32L, it got a 14k discount too and is available for 1.18L. Sony seems to be getting aggressive on their 800h pricing.
Your observation is absolutely correct. Sonys depreciation in pricing is quite high. However, x800h is priced reasonably at the launch itself which makes it a good buy instead of going for last years x80g. Where have you seen listing of 75 inch frame? That would also be a great option if it retails at around the pricing of x800h especially qith 120hz panel. Sonys x950g 65 inch current pricing is very good and i would have bought it by now if i was to buy 65 inch. I hope they reduce 75 inch 950g as well near diwali especially with the launch of x90h. But the wait for 3 months would be hard lol.

However, x800h is priced reasonably at the launch

Yes, if we compare it with other Sony TVs pricing, whole range of TVs in x800H is priced well. It also tells me that if they stick to their depreciation standards, it might be retailing for 1.6L in 8-9 months.

Where have you seen listing of 75 inch frame?

Samsung page : https://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/the-frame-ls03t/QA75LS03TAKXXL/, not available right now, but priced at 4.7L. I don't know when this TV will acually be availble for retail sales. If this TV comes within 10% price range of x800h, i'll go for it, more than that and I'll prefer x80h.

Sonys x950g 65 inch current pricing is very good

Oh yes, I never got a quote less than 1.62 in BLR, but now, RD has openly listed it for 1.58L. For 1.5L or so, 65x950G is a good buy. Wish the 75in gets priced accordingly.

Would you like to make the jump for x80H if we can have it for 2L? I can talk to those stores and see if they'll agree for 2 units.

Yes, if we compare it with other Sony TVs pricing, whole range of TVs in x800H is priced well. It also tells me that if they stick to their depreciation standards, it might be retailing for 1.6L in 8-9 months.

Samsung page : https://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/the-frame-ls03t/QA75LS03TAKXXL/, not available right now, but priced at 4.7L. I don't know when this TV will acually be availble for retail sales. If this TV comes within 10% price range of x800h, i'll go for it, more than that and I'll prefer x80h.

Oh yes, I never got a quote less than 1.62 in BLR, but now, RD has openly listed it for 1.58L. For 1.5L or so, 65x950G is a good buy. Wish the 75in gets priced accordingly.

Would you like to make the jump for x80H if we can have it for 2L? I can talk to those stores and see if they'll agree for 2 units.

I was just going through the frame 2020 review on rtings and came to know that it has got contrast ratio of 8000:1. It is quite good and even better than lot of tvs with local dimming. On the top, it has quantum dot and 120 hz panel. It is as bright as sony as well. Only place it would lag is that it is edgelit and does not support dolby vision. I think it is worth to wait and see at what price would it retail near diwali. Moreover i have now planned to wait and see the pricing of x900H as well before taking final decision. So many options creeping in one by one making the decision harder now. If sony x800h has a va panel, i think it is a best option in hands as of now.

Last edited:
even better than lot of tvs with local dimming

Oh Frame is a great TV for our needs. I so wish they launch a 75in variant at a price which logically makes sense. Guess I'll wait for it too.

Sony 800H is good, but I am not very convinced that it'll keep its value over a period of time and I'd hate to see it retailing for 1.6-1.7 in few months.

From Indian context, 2L may not mean a lot for 75in TV, but if you see, that's like 3k USD for 75in

I am little flexible on budget, what could be a good option for me? I am not hell bent on OLED. My viewing has considerable amount of Tata Sky and SDR content. High end HDR viewing would be around 10-20% streamed via Prime mainly. Zee5 and Hotstar anyway don't had HDR content. I don't keep Netflix subscription always.

Audio I don't care. Upscaling needed. Good software, easy user experience, good colors, apps access, content viewing over wifi from my network HD, phone mirror etc are used quite a few times.

Do I have any 75in option?
Totally missed this thread and I am joining the party very late. Have you ever considered a projector? You can go for a motorised screen and use dark curtains while watching movies in the day.

Totally missed this thread and I am joining the party very late. Have you ever considered a projector? You can go for a motorised screen and use dark curtains while watching movies in the day.
Good projectors cost more than the tv itself. Although i have not researched on this but i once saw some youtube reviews and the projectors reviewed as good projectors are very costly. The said reviews were all from out of India and there are hardly any reviews regarding affordable projectors available in India.

Normal distance projector or short throw/ultra short throw projectors?

UST projectors are good options but they cost equally high. I am researching for those too, but haven't gotten anything useful. I'll continue seeing options.
Recently a friend of mine in the forum got the epson 7100 in us it’s called 380 and costs around 1.3L here and he is rating it very high and shared some images as well. All the images and clips he shared where excellent and these where just projected on walls and he is yet to install a screen. Waste of spending 2L plus for a mid range 75 inch tv. I tried all possible options but due to a door and slab installing a screen was impossible else I would have gone for a projector myself. IMO it’s waste spending money for tv over 65 inches. If u can install a screen please go for projector

Recently a friend of mine in the forum got the epson 7100 in us it’s called 380 and costs around 1.3L here and he is rating it very high and shared some images as well. All the images and clips he shared where excellent and these where just projected on walls and he is yet to install a screen. Waste of spending 2L plus for a mid range 75 inch tv. I tried all possible options but due to a door and slab installing a screen was impossible else I would have gone for a projector myself. IMO it’s waste spending money for tv over 65 inches. If u can install a screen please go for projector
I have been researching about projectors for a few weeks now and I totally agree with this. If the layout is favorable, a projector makes much more sense instead of TV larger than 65inches.

layout is favorable, a projector makes much more sense instead of TV larger than 65inches.

IMO it’s waste spending money for tv over 65 inches

Folks - your feedback here means a lot. Thats a very big statement you folks are making. You both have 65 OLEDs and you both saying more than 65in go for projector! Could you both put some more detail on what makes you form that opinion?

shared some images as well. All the images and clips he shared where excellent

Could you share the images and videos here? Would be nice to have a look at it. Are these bright enough in day light viewing?

Folks - your feedback here means a lot. Thats a very big statement you folks are making. You both have 65 OLEDs and you both saying more than 65in go for projector! Could you both put some more detail on what makes you form that opinion?

Could you share the images and videos here? Would be nice to have a look at it. Are these bright enough in day light viewing?
Here are a few images. You will definitely need to use curtains and have a dark environment for getting the best from a projector. No second thoughts if u have space just go for a projector eyes closed. Easy PC decision.

Attachments

• 4AEE022B-7D7D-48CC-ACD0-90E8D04634B8.jpeg
    4AEE022B-7D7D-48CC-ACD0-90E8D04634B8.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 9A293921-3A04-46C4-A601-1DDC473995C1.jpeg
    9A293921-3A04-46C4-A601-1DDC473995C1.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 22225755-E39C-4CD7-8838-39F8C47C5DDC.jpeg
    22225755-E39C-4CD7-8838-39F8C47C5DDC.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 36
  • 3B8B944B-FD4B-4808-9415-3C4F8FD239C7.jpeg
    3B8B944B-FD4B-4808-9415-3C4F8FD239C7.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back