Best 75in TV under 2L

Thanks @Love4sound

Oh BTW, Sony 75x800G is available for 1.7L before cashbacks. This model has lost 30k in price for last 1 week.
Welcome. With a 100-120 inch screen you can have a good movie watching experience and even sports, tv shows etc with entire family. Even 75 inch won’t cut it since you will get used to the size quickly. Just continue using the current tv and install a motorised screen in front of the tv. My suggestion is go for a big tv only if installing a projector is impossible due to space constraints else go for a projector cause for 1.7L there are amazing projectors which will definitely be better then a midrange 75 inch tv like the sony x800.

go for a big tv only if installing a projector is impossible due to space

So, there are two setup challenge. One with the screen, second with ceiling mounting of the projector itself. To project at 100in, projector needs to be mounted 10 feet away. To run power and HDMI cable through ceiling is a good challenge in setting it up. Need to put up lot of thoughts.

Benefits of UST projectors is no setup hassles. Vava has some highly recommended UST projectors but they cost like 4L.

So, there are two setup challenge. One with the screen, second with ceiling mounting of the projector itself. To project at 100in, projector needs to be mounted 10 feet away. To run power and HDMI cable through ceiling is a good challenge in setting it up. Need to put up lot of thoughts.

Benefits of UST projectors is no setup hassles. Vava has some highly recommended UST projectors but they cost like 4L.
Ok but 10 feet shouldn’t be a problem as most of the HT rooms have width and length of 10ft so I assume you also won’t have this issue.Running the Hdmi cable would require some drilling and Use of pvc casing to cover the wire which isn’t a big deal since any local electrician can do it neatly. If you are concerned about how it is going to look and WAF,a big tv is an alternative solution

Last edited:
75X800h is available for display at Bangalore Kalyan Nagar showroom. Sales guy called and have me a price of 2.18 plus 3k of card Cashback.

It is listed on Amazon as well for same 2.18L price with no cost EMI.
So today i visited the showroom and saw x800h 75 and came to know that it has got IPS panel. It was kept below 85 inch x800h which found to have VA Panel. Frankly speaking i did not find any difference between the images on both the displays (VA/IPS) and both were looking quite good. However, it was bright afternoon and there was plenty of light in the showroom due to glass walls of the showroom. Then I went to RD as well and they had 65 inches of 800h on display which also has the same IPS panel as that of 75 inch. The RD showroom did not have that much light inside and it was a bit dark inside near the display section. I could see that the image of x800h was a bit washed out as compared with the nearby kept samsung TU8000 and sony oleds. I found image on TU8000 more beautiful and the TV has got trimmer bezels and looks modern but its peak brightness half of that of sony's. It also depends on the type of content played on both the TVs, so i cannot say that other content would also look that good on tu8000 and based on the online reviews regarding its peak brightness, i would not go for it. Now out of all these things what i have inferred is that X800H is a good TV in daytime viewing but in dark i am doubtful and image may look washed out. I also saw 55 inch x950g and its image was crisp, bright and beautiful. On inquiring I was told that 75 inch x950 g is out of stock and x950h has arrived which costs 4.3 lakh. About frame 2020, the RD fellow told that they do not have that in display. Lets hope that x90h gets launched with 75 inch and with much lessor price or samsung reduces price of the frame 2020 75 / or other low end qleds like q70t near diwali. I had never thought that buying a good 75inch screen would be that much tough Lolz.

Last edited:
I could see that the image of x800h was a bit washed out as compared with the nearby kept samsung TU8000

This is interesting. Rtings rates them exactly the same at 7.1 overall : https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x800h-vs-samsung-tu8000/1778/9019

Would you feel tweaking some setting in Sony will improve PQ? Also, Sony is IPS and Samsung is VA - that might make a difference in wash-out colors. When I went to demo in RD I saw Q80 and X950G 55in both. I don't know why the images in X950 were so dull and uninspiring infrom Q80. I also felt that RD folks may have higher incentive on selling Samsung - so they strategically have positioned those TVs to look better.

In the better understanding : 75 TU8000 is at 2L and has higher possibility of touching 1.8, - 1.7 in near future. If they both are same, we might as well look at Samsung.

x950h has arrived which costs 4.3 lakh
Lets hope that x90h gets launched with 75 inch and with much lessor price

I just get a feeling that between X90H and X95H - they'll not have the size overlap. Meaning Sony will not launch 75 in (or 65 in too) TV in both the series and keep the size exclusive to a specific variant. So We'll see 55 and 65 in in X90H and 75in in X95H. Seeing the past years, this is what it looks like to me in India.

Frame will not come to stores, it is an online only model. I just hope they launch 75in model in India. Its likely that they will, but then, can never be sure in these times.

I also saw videos and reviews on TCL 85P8M - VA panel, 450nits, 10bit, 4000:1 contrast ratio. May be!!!!!!!

I also saw 55 inch x950g and its image was crisp, bright and beautiful. On inquiring I was told that 75 inch x950 g is out of stock and x950h has arrived which costs 4.3 lakh.
IIRC, saw two boxed pieces of 75X9500g in Bannerghatta road sony center showroom. It still might be way above your budget but you could try bargaining.

75X9500H was on display with DTH content. Only thing I dare say for that kind of usage is that upscaling even if by a X1 extreme ultimate best-thing-since-sliced-bread 4k chip may only be able to do so much.

I don't know why the images in X950 were so dull and uninspiring infrom Q80. I also felt that RD folks may have higher incentive on selling Samsung - so they strategically have positioned those TVs to look better.
Anecdotal, but I saw same pattern from RD where they were pushing Samsung by dissing Sony. I would get it if they talked up about Samsung's superior reflection handling, HDMI 2.1, better blooming control with comparable q80r, but this was mostly taking a dig at x9500g over edge lit q60r; superiority apparently made possible by Samsung's end to end LCD manufacturing prowess, quantum computer inside and ably supported by the cranked up store mode color saturation.

This is interesting. Rtings rates them exactly the same at 7.1 overall : https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x800h-vs-samsung-tu8000/1778/9019

Would you feel tweaking some setting in Sony will improve PQ? Also, Sony is IPS and Samsung is VA - that might make a difference in wash-out colors. When I went to demo in RD I saw Q80 and X950G 55in both. I don't know why the images in X950 were so dull and uninspiring infrom Q80. I also felt that RD folks may have higher incentive on selling Samsung - so they strategically have positioned those TVs to look better.

In the better understanding : 75 TU8000 is at 2L and has higher possibility of touching 1.8, - 1.7 in near future. If they both are same, we might as well look at Samsung.

I just get a feeling that between X90H and X95H - they'll not have the size overlap. Meaning Sony will not launch 75 in (or 65 in too) TV in both the series and keep the size exclusive to a specific variant. So We'll see 55 and 65 in in X90H and 75in in X95H. Seeing the past years, this is what it looks like to me in India.

Frame will not come to stores, it is an online only model. I just hope they launch 75in model in India. Its likely that they will, but then, can never be sure in these times.

I also saw videos and reviews on TCL 85P8M - VA panel, 450nits, 10bit, 4000:1 contrast ratio. May be!!!!!!!

Sony with native contrast of 1000:1 as compared to samsungs least expensive models with atleast 4000:1, I do not think that juicing up the PQ settings would help, especially in late night movie watching. Yeah, I think they supposedly put Samsung at higher advantage by adjusting the PQ to sell them over sonys, higher profit margins could be one of the reason. The images which i saw of x950g were in no way dull but very crisp and beautiful. I think the store manager forgot to change the settings lols. Now between TU8000 and X800H one is having higher contrast and other has higher peak brightness. So we have to chose our poison. Yes, The sony store manager also told the same thing that sony may not launch x900h with 75 as it is replacing x850g which also did not have 75 inch version.

If the frame does not come to RD then it would not be a good news because RD is known for giving higher discounts on samsung models especially near festival season. I think we do not have any good TVs for 75 inch near 2 lakh from top 3 and i am afraid to put more than 2 lakh in TCL. Even if we have to raise budget then by how much is again a question. How much warranty does TCL gives or can we buy additional warranty?

IIRC, saw two boxed pieces of 75X9500g in Bannerghatta road sony center showroom. It still might be way above your budget but you could try bargaining.

75X9500H was on display with DTH content. Only thing I dare say for that kind of usage is that upscaling even if by a X1 extreme ultimate best-thing-since-sliced-bread 4k chip may only be able to do so much.
RD had offered 75 x950g at 3.5 lakh about 2 months back. Online prices have not come down since and the said model has now been replaced with x950h. In such a situation, i do not think Sony will bargain much even if they had last year model in stock. Sony authorized dealers does not bargain aggressively as RD does with samsung. Anyhow, thanks for the info i will inquire with sony bannerghatta road.

If the frame does not come to RD

I am 100% certain on this bro - Frame won't come to any retail place. Only place to buy would be Flipkart or Samsung.com

So we have to chose our poison.

I'll go with whatever you pick. I am looking for good PQ, however marginal here and there doesn't matter much to me. Eventually, I'll get used to it in one day.

we do not have any good TVs for 75 inch near 2 lakh from top 3

We certainly aren't going to get flagships. 75RU7100 @1.7L, 75TU8000 & TU8200 @2L,75X800H @2.1L, LGUM7600PTA @1.7L, TCL 75C2 @1L etc all are mid range TVs.

How much warranty does TCL gives or can we buy additional warranty?

1yr + you can buy 3 yr extended warranty. There are many TCL exclusive stores in Bangalore - you can visit there for a demo if need be. I had visited the one @ BEL Road. Was good and had around 8-9 TVs on display of different sizes.

I am 100% certain on this bro - Frame won't come to any retail place. Only place to buy would be Flipkart or Samsung.com

I'll go with whatever you pick. I am looking for good PQ, however marginal here and there doesn't matter much to me. Eventually, I'll get used to it in one day.

We certainly aren't going to get flagships. 75RU7100 @1.7L, 75TU8000 & TU8200 @2L,75X800H @2.1L, LGUM7600PTA @1.7L, TCL 75C2 @1L etc all are mid range TVs.

1yr + you can buy 3 yr extended warranty. There are many TCL exclusive stores in Bangalore - you can visit there for a demo if need be. I had visited the one @ BEL Road. Was good and had around 8-9 TVs on display of different sizes.
Ok then let us wait till diwali offers now since we have waited this long :) Till then we will also have pricing of the frame. Ultimately, we may have to choose from the above models mentioned by you. :)

Welcome. With a 100-120 inch screen you can have a good movie watching experience and even sports, tv shows etc with entire family. Even 75 inch won’t cut it since you will get used to the size quickly. Just continue using the current tv and install a motorised screen in front of the tv. My suggestion is go for a big tv only if installing a projector is impossible due to space constraints else go for a projector cause for 1.7L there are amazing projectors which will definitely be better then a midrange 75 inch tv like the sony x800.

I have a 55" Tv and 135" motorised screen. I have set it up in the living room and cant use the projector during day time because I cant get pitch dark because of large windows. Projector is only a substitute for TV if there is a dedicated room/ room without windows.

Whenever the budget permits my goal is to get a 65-75" Oled TV and a 4K Projector.

Ok then let us wait till diwali offers now since we have waited this long

:)

We keep saying this every day to ourselves. But yes, waiting till Diwali makes sense.

We still need to identify what to buy - X800H or TU8000. Its unlikely a new player will come. And in no way I want to cross 2L for the TV. Definitely not beyond 2.2L

Even if X950G comes to 2.5L for some crazy reason from Sony - I don't know if I'll make the jump and spend 2.5L on an asset which will go to zero in 7 years time.

:)

We keep saying this every day to ourselves. But yes, waiting till Diwali makes sense.

We still need to identify what to buy - X800H or TU8000. Its unlikely a new player will come. And in no way I want to cross 2L for the TV. Definitely not beyond 2.2L

Even if X950G comes to 2.5L for some crazy reason from Sony - I don't know if I'll make the jump and spend 2.5L on an asset which will go to zero in 7 years time.
Yeah any money spent above 2 lakh on a depreciating asset would pinch. We will find best value for money for around 2 lakh.

I have a 55" Tv and 135" motorised screen. I have set it up in the living room and cant use the projector during day time because I cant get pitch dark because of large windows. Projector is only a substitute for TV if there is a dedicated room/ room without windows.

Whenever the budget permits my goal is to get a 65-75" Oled TV and a 4K Projector.
A lot have their set up in hall and use dark curtains to make the room some what dark and mostly watch Movies in the evening or night.Yes a dedicated room is the best not only for projectors but even for audio gears but we make some compromises.My point is in reality tv is the substitute and not the projector when it comes to home theatres. There is no space for the word TV in Home theatre unless it’s 100 inch minimum. Get a 77 inch oled still you won’t have that satisfaction I am telling you this after using a 65 inch c9 for 8 months. Yes the Oled picture quality is un beatable and HDR is breath taking
but still nothing less the 100 inch size will give u a home theatre experience. Well who am I talking to u have a 135 inch screen you should know better.

A lot have their set up in hall and use dark curtains to make the room some what dark and mostly watch Movies in the evening or night.Yes a dedicated room is the best not only for projectors but even for audio gears but we make some compromises.My point is in reality tv is the substitute and not the projector when it comes to home theatres. There is no space for the word TV in Home theatre unless it’s 100 inch minimum. Get a 77 inch oled still you won’t have that satisfaction I am telling you this after using a 65 inch c9 for 8 months. Yes the Oled picture quality is un beatable and HDR is breath taking
but still nothing less the 100 inch size will give u a home theatre experience. Well who am I talking to u have a 135 inch screen you should know better.

Yea you are absolutely correct. Bigger the screen better the movie experience.

I checked pricing for TCL 85P8M with TCL and Reliance Store. Both quoted similar amount. 1.9L

May be minor discount posible additionally. With 450nits, VA, 10bit, WCG, 4000:1 contrast ratio, 3yr warranty and that BIG 85in TV, bordering on the luxury of a projector is making me think about it seriously. Don't know what can give me enough confidence to go for it. I asked for feedback from the 85in owners in the other thread, but those all folks seems to be enjoying the TV and away from forum.

I checked pricing for TCL 85P8M with TCL and Reliance Store. Both quoted similar amount. 1.9L

May be minor discount posible additionally. With 450nits, VA, 10bit, WCG, 4000:1 contrast ratio, 3yr warranty and that BIG 85in TV, bordering on the luxury of a projector is making me think about it seriously. Don't know what can give me enough confidence to go for it. I asked for feedback from the 85in owners in the other thread, but those all folks seems to be enjoying the TV and away from forum.
If you have room for a projector, then go with a projector.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back