• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

9 channel or 7 channel avr , what to buy

ayushwas

I have pioneer 5 channel AVR. I need a 9 channel AVR now . I was thinking to get denon 4500h. Or should I get a 7 channel avr like 3500h or 2500h and use the old avr for +2 channels. Is it difficult to manage 2 avr , powering them etc. Considering the price difference, would it make sense to get atmos 7 channel avr and extend to 9 channel. Please suggest.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Love4sound

I have pioneer 5 channel AVR. I need a 9 channel AVR now . I was thinking to get denon 4500h. Or should I get a 7 channel avr like 3500h or 2500h and use the old avr for +2 channels. Is it difficult to manage 2 avr , powering them etc. Considering the price difference, would it make sense to get atmos 7 channel avr and extend to 9 channel. Please suggest.
You cannot use two avrs at once. I am assuming you tend to use ur old avr and get one more 7ch avr and combine them to use 9 channels which is impossible. If you want 9 channels you should buy a new 9ch avr and 4500 is an excellent choice

ayushwas

Thanks for the clarification. I thought since 2 channels can be extended using external amp, we can use another avr too.

Love4sound

Thanks for the clarification. I thought since 2 channels can be extended using external amp, we can use another avr too.
No that is not the case. For 9 channel you need a avr that can process 9 channels. For example take 4500 it is a 9.2 channel avr but can process 11 channels. In this case the avr will have a built in amplifier for powering 9 channels. Here you can use an external 2ch amp and process 11 channels as the avr will have pre-outs for the additional 2 channels. If this explanation is not enough let me know I will explain more in detail so you will understand how it works

Vivek Batra

Hi

I have absolutely brand new Denon 4500H to sell. Just not my requirement. Please see this.

Naren

I prefer to use an Pre-Pro instead of an AVR. Now I don't but definitely will go for Processor and multi channel power amp. Class-D Multi-channels are an option. Now i am with the a Denon AVR 4311 and Emotive combination. Enjoy the power of real power amp.

elangoas

I have pioneer 5 channel AVR. I need a 9 channel AVR now
If you don't need pre-outs on AVR and need only 9 channels AVR, then you may consider Pioneer LX 303, a 9.2 AVR, which can be used in a 7.1.2 (or) 5.1.4 set-up depending on your room layout.. LX 303 is also on the inexpensive side, almost half the cost of Denon x 4500..

Love4sound

If you don't need pre-outs on AVR and need only 9 channels AVR, then you may consider Pioneer LX 303, a 9.2 AVR, which can be used in a 7.1.2 (or) 5.1.4 set-up depending on your room layout.. LX 303 is also on the inexpensive side, almost half the cost of Denon x 4500..
You are little late I think he already purchased 4500

lalit09

I prefer to use an Pre-Pro instead of an AVR. Now I don't but definitely will go for Processor and multi channel power amp. Class-D Multi-channels are an option. Now i am with the a Denon AVR 4311 and Emotive combination. Enjoy the power of real power amp.
Which emotiva model? I too looking for 2 channel power amp.

SPONSORED ADS

ayushwas

Thanks, yes I got 4500h. I had considered lx303 but looking at its firmware upgrades list. It didn't get the earc upgrade. Considering hassle free, future proof , one time investment went with 4500h.

SPONSORED ADS