98" interactive TV Softlogic brand

Donivlapog

Hi All

Out of the blue, I was approached by an India mart vendor although I may have googled for big sized screens and may have treaded into their site. The usual sales technique of an offer before 4th of April, I could own a 98" 4k interactive panel in or under 5.4 Lakhs. I am attaching the catalogue. My urge for a discussion regarding this product and the risks and perils of buying such a less branded monster sized TV made me open this thread. Is this a worthy gamble?

Attachments

• Softlogic Interactive Flat Panel.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 32
That's an incredible offer. Please buy it and let us all know how it goes 😜
Hi All

Out of the blue, I was approached by an India mart vendor although I may have googled for big sized screens and may have treaded into their site. The usual sales technique of an offer before 4th of April, I could own a 98" 4k interactive panel in or under 5.4 Lakhs. I am attaching the catalogue. My urge for a discussion regarding this product and the risks and perils of buying such a less branded monster sized TV made me open this thread. Is this a worthy gamble?

Hi All

Depends on the objective - if you require a large display for presentations and client meetings, these panels serve the purpose well as they allow touch/pen input (we use a similar panel from Viewsonic). However, they're big, clunky and the PQ for content consumption, whether from a colour, brightness, sharpness etc perspective aint any good.

Belling the cat is always the issue. I was hoping you'd attempt it for the benefit of the rest of us 🤣🤣
Tbh, This one is more reliable for me than some offered from other parts of the country. As they are from Chennai, i can always go and visit them. Still buying is one thing repairs and services are another topic.

A Pune based company has had an offer of 98" TV for 7 lakhs for years now. But no response from them for a site visit. Atleast these are offering me a face to face discussion which i might in short order. But just wanted to know previous experiences of mb's with such offers. And why is it that commercial TVs are offered for unbelievable prices in indiamart? Are they fly by night?

Depends on the objective - if you require a large display for presentations and client meetings, these panels serve the purpose well as they allow touch/pen input (we use a similar panel from Viewsonic). However, they're big, clunky and the PQ for content consumption, whether from a colour, brightness, sharpness etc perspective aint any good.
They have 98" screens too?

Ideally if there are 18 members interested then 18x30k = 5.4L

We negotiate 18 TV's at a discount of 30k each. Everyone transfers me the 30k, so I get the TV for 30k being the Guinea pig for this adventure. If the TV works great, then everyone else buys the remaining TV's for 4.8L. Win a win for everyone 😂

So that nails the coffin 😁. My excitement didn't last 5 posts 🤣🤣

So that nails the coffin 😁. My excitement didn't last 5 posts 🤣🤣
You see, PQ, colour and brightness are not the main parameters for someone wanting a gigantor. K-Pad(Krishna) among a few who visited me, knows how far my dining table is from the wallmount. He even asked me why i didnt opt for a projector instead. 18 feet is my hall viewing distance as compared to 6.5 feet in my room for a 65", it looks like a 75 " TV reduced to a 40" TV.

Hi All

If you have the opportunity to Demo the unit, you should definitely check it out. 97"+ would be recommended as there is not other option available currently. However for 86 inch i would recommend buying a TV instead of a panel. The current TV technology is a better bet over a interactive panel.

Basis my personal experience i would highly recommend going for LED / Micro / Mini, etc LED over OLED in sizes greater than 77 inches.

They have 98" screens too?
yep.

If you have the opportunity to Demo the unit, you should definitely check it out. 97"+ would be recommended as there is not other option available currently. However for 86 inch i would recommend buying a TV instead of a panel. The current TV technology is a better bet over a interactive panel.

Basis my personal experience i would highly recommend going for LED / Micro / Mini, etc LED over OLED in sizes greater than 77 inches.
These are TVs too. Just that the purpose caters to presentations, slides, marquees, stock quotes, cricket and news related content etc... more than netflix movie watching and stuff.

These are TVs too. Just that the purpose caters to presentations, slides, marquees, stock quotes, cricket and news related content etc... more than netflix movie watching and stuff.
I am sure they can work perfectly fine as a basic TV. As this would form the centre piece of home entertainment, there are some features that you should check for such as
  • HDMI 2.1 support, no of HDMI ports
  • Does the Panel support Dolby vision / HDR / HDR+
  • Is the Panel running at 120 Hz, will matter if you are gaming or watching sports content.
  • Upscaling capability when viewing HD / SD content
  • eArc support, Audio codec support( will not matter if you are using Firestick / Apple TV)
  • Picture settings options - Basic should be available but are there any advanced options available for motion / PQ etc.
  • Is it a TN or IPS Panel, makes difference depending on seating arrangement at home, etc.
  • Ability to turn off Touch based operation of the Unit.
  • Power consumption of the Unit.
  • Service Support
These are are all things which mostly come as default with a television unit. It makes sense to invest money right now in a 85+ inch TV unit (price ranges from 3.25 lacs to 5 lacs for Sony Models). Other brands can be negotiated for a > 3 lac price.

Sony/Samsung already have 97/98 inch LED models on sale in US but prohibitively expensive (street price of approx USD 15k). It took 2 years for LG to sell its 83 inch OLED at 7 lacs. Samsung has already launched the 98 inch TV in India but price is simply out of reach. Cant say about Sony, yet to launch the 83 inch OLED here. Indian market is not so important for them hence they tend to be very selective about the Models and Sizes launched in India.

Last edited:
Hi All

DV, if I may, can I chart a path for you:
1. Get control of the terrace.
2. Plonk the best PJ you can afford.
3. Spend well and judiciously on sound.
4. Do good seating.
5. Enjoy the good times.

IMHO, you shouldn't be looking at these panels at all. They are made of cheap material, and knowing what an OLED fan you are, they don't serve your purpose at all.

And, even if after all this, you are interested, I'd venture out on a limb to say that 5.4L is way too much for this thingy. If you are getting this at 3L go for it. Else, eschew.

Go for a proper set up on the terrace. Build from scratch. Visit a couple of Chennai FMs if it is not too much of a bother.

You will get a better picture (pun intended)

All said, hold your horses, bro.

There are better deals to be had.

PS: If it is an 83-inch OLED @ same price, I'd still choose it over this thing. And plonk it in the living room.

You see, PQ, colour and brightness are not the main parameters for someone wanting a gigantor. K-Pad(Krishna) among a few who visited me, knows how far my dining table is from the wallmount. He even asked me why i didnt opt for a projector instead. 18 feet is my hall viewing distance as compared to 6.5 feet in my room for a 65", it looks like a 75 " TV reduced to a 40" TV.
Ah, bro! Just saw this.
I think I need to clarify:
1. PJ for terrace space.
2. A big LCD for living room, and:
3. A big OLED for the room in which we watched the horror stuff, with 7.2.2.

Back