9CH Atmos Enabled AVR

abthegreat

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on the forums after long time reading as a guest. I would like some help in selecting the right AVR for my home theater setup. I currently have a dated HK AVR141 and HKTS16 setup that I recently added some in ceiling Micca speakers to explore a possible atmos setup. I have the speakers all wired up an ready to go for a 5.1.4 configuration in a dedicated room. The room is small at 13x11 and the HKTS16 setup is plenty loud enough. So any speaker updates will happen a bit later.

Can you suggest a suitable 9.2 Ch receiver ? I initially didn't want to spend too much and shortlisted the Pioneer LX303 which appears to lack advanced options like individual crossover settings. It appears spending a bit more for a future proofed AVR maybe the best approach so I am willing to stretch the budget upto a Lac.

I assume my options are the SR6013 and X4500? also any idea when the X3600 will be available in India. This model seems to be the best fit in terms of price to performance as it is 11ch pre out capable. Would also appreciate latest prices for any suggestions you make and best way to get a deal, since the online prices seem to indicate full retail MSRP.

I assume my options are the SR6013 and X4500? also any idea when the X3600 will be available in India.

These are pretty much the options under 1 Lac for 9.2 AVR.. Onkyo TX-RZ 730 is an other choice.. Yamaha Aventage would be out of your budget..

x 3600 has just been released, so it would take at-least few months to get that in India..

I initially didn't want to spend too much and shortlisted the Pioneer LX303 which appears to lack advanced options like individual crossover settings. It appears spending a bit more for a future proofed AVR maybe the best approach so I am willing to stretch the budget upto a Lac.

Per the LX 303 manual, i got this below info..

Setting Item | Default Value Setting Details
Crossover | 80Hz

When there are speakers that have been set to "Small", set the Hz under which you would like other speakers to play bass, and also set Hz under which you would like the LFE (low frequency effect) to play the bass. The value from "50Hz" to "200Hz" can be set.

Agreed individual crossover settings would be handy, but seems there is a global crossover function for all speakers.. 80 / 90 Hz for all speakers should do?

These are pretty much the options under 1 Lac for 9.2 AVR.. Onkyo TX-RZ 730 is an other choice.. Yamaha Aventage would be out of your budget..

x 3600 has just been released, so it would take at-least few months to get that in India..

Per the LX 303 manual, i got this below info..

Agreed individual crossover settings would be handy, but seems there is a global crossover function for all speakers.. 80 / 90 Hz for all speakers should do?

Agreed the current HK AVR also does it in the same limited manner Small and Large can be selected on a per speaker basis. How important is it to have the option to set individual crossover Hz in a Atmos setup ?

Audimaxx.in website seems to carry the X3600 already with a price of INR119900, any comments on the authenticity as the website is currently down?

Reading the forum it appears Audyssey room correction is highly rated over others. Where would you rate the LX303 in terms of audio quality for movies and is it still Ok to buy considering Pioneer India seems to have stopped listing HT AV equipment ?

How important is it to have the option to set individual crossover Hz in a Atmos setup ?

For the 5 speakers on your wall, 80/90Hz should do..

For the inceiling Micca speakers that you have added, if you can do 80 / 90 Hz, then that should be fine too..

I have a 90Hz crossover for all my speakers, including a pair of heights..

Audimaxx.in website seems to carry the X3600 already with a price of INR119900, any comments on the authenticity as the website is currently down?

No idea abt the seller you have listed.. Anyways plz do check and confirm aval or drop in to their office if they have a store in your town/city..

Reading the forum it appears Audyssey room correction is highly rated over others.

Yes, Audyssey is good.. In your case, all three models that you are considering have XT32..

Where would you rate the LX303 in terms of audio quality for movies and is it still Ok to buy considering Pioneer India seems to have stopped listing HT AV equipment ?

Pioneer should be equally good for movies.. My brother owns Onkyo TX-RZ 730 and i have Denon x 3300.. Don't see significant difference over the other to single-out audio quality..

I remember, Pioneer India offering 2 yrs warranty for some AVR models.. If that is true, then it is a nice bonus..

If you choose Pionner LX 303, you may save some money.. Since you have a concern abt crossover, drop in to a dealer / demo place and gets a hands-on with that feature to check what it offers..

Pioneer should be equally good for movies.. My brother owns Onkyo TX-RZ 730 and i have Denon x 3300.. Don't see significant difference over the other to single-out audio quality..

I remember, Pioneer India offering 2 yrs warranty for some AVR models.. If that is true, then it is a nice bonus..

If you choose Pionner LX 303, you may save some money.. Since you have a concern abt crossover, drop in to a dealer / demo place and gets a hands-on with that feature to check what it offers..

Thanks for the reply, I can only find the LX303 listed on various online AV retailers or Amazon. There does not seem to be any mention of it on the Pioneer India website and the dealers for Hyderabad are all listed under DJ/Car equipment category. Would appreciate if anybody from Hyderabad point me in the right away.

Does the Amazon price of 64600 seem right with bill and 2 year warranty ?

Thanks for the reply, I can only find the LX303 listed on various online AV retailers or Amazon. There does not seem to be any mention of it on the Pioneer India website and the dealers for Hyderabad are all listed under DJ/Car equipment category. Would appreciate if anybody from Hyderabad point me in the right away.

Check with the online retailers on the warranty period offered.. Please await FM from Hyderabad to pitch in with inputs on dealer contacts..

Does the Amazon price of 64600 seem right with bill and 2 year warranty ?

If you are referring to S-GRID seller on amazon.in, i had bought Taga speakers from him sometime back and he is a genuine seller of hi-fi goods, should be good for AVR too..

There is Pioneers AVR thread on the forum, drop a note there too..

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/pioneer-avr-owners-thread.47199/

Owners can confirm on the warranty aspect (or) any other feature if you need more clarity..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back